5.0 out of 5 stars Great home cinema projector
I bought this projector on 6/4/13, installed it on 6/7/13, used it about 10 hours this weekend and so far I love it. The imagine is very clear and crisp, the setup was a breeze and the projector was everything I was expecting.

Pros
- Great price $934
- Decent looking (physically), not too heavy or big
- Great picture quality, lots of input...
Published 18 months ago by HLP

3.0 out of 5 stars Dark scenes are grainy!
Published 18 months ago by M. A. Ball

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great home cinema projector, June 10, 2013
This review is from: Optoma HD25, HD (1080p), 2000 ANSI Lumens, 3D-Home Theater Projector (Electronics)

Pros
- Great price $934
- Decent looking (physically), not too heavy or big
- Great picture quality, lots of input options
- Quick shutdown cooldown (lamp)
- Decently quick startup
- Nicely designed remote (backlit)

Cons
- Power cable short, I have to go buy an extension
- Sometimes the search for inputs takes a while and when the PS3 for example is loading an app the projector starts to search for inputs
- Menu takes a while to get used to
- Expensive ($99) 3D glasses

I will continue to update this with more pros/cons as I see them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great picture quality! You won't be disappointed!, July 8, 2013
This is the 3rd projector I've owned in the last 8 years. Started out with an Infocus 4805 back in 2005, which was awesome at the time. After 5 years of owning it, the color wheel shattered and it was time for something new. In 2010 I bought the Optoma HD66 720p 3D ready projector. It was a significant upgrade, and even though it required purchasing the seperate 3DXL box, I've been happy with it, but I recently decided to upgrade again because I was having issues watching any 3D movie with a dark scene. I purchased a new Samsung 3D plasma TV last year for the living room, and got so used to the excellent picture quality,(best I've seen on any TV so far), that my 720p projector wasn't cutting it anymore. The black level and brightness of the HD66 couldn't compare to a new TV either. The entire opening sequence of The Avengers (which takes place mostly in the dark) was almost unwatchable on the projector in 3D. In 2d it wasn't an issue, but I like my 3D and I was neglecting my basement home theater because of it. Everything looks so much better on my plasma. So, it was time to look for something that could compete.

I first purchased the Viewsonic PJD7820HD because of the lower price, higher resolution, and higher lumens thinking that would solve my brightness problem. It did not. As a matter of fact, other than the sharpness, there was no difference in picture quality at all. So I returned it and decided upon this projector after, the Optoma HD25. And it's working out great. I've only had it a few days now, but the picture quality blows away the HD66 in my opinion, and it looks great in 3D. The dark scenes are no longer a problem. It doesn't rival the picture on my 3D TV, but it comes damn close. Plenty bright, and super colorful!

So, if your looking for a projector with a great quality picture, in both 2D and 3D, look no further.

5.0 out of 5 stars Optoma is the best!!!, June 14, 2013
I've been waiting a while for Optoma to produce a 3D projector that had ample lumens. The HD25 is just what I've been waiting for. I tried the BenQ W1070, but its throw was too short and the image quality was horrible. The Optoma HD25 had a longer throw distance and its image quality was perfect!! It alos supports both DLP link and RF 3D glasses.

One word for those who are considering purchasing the more expensive Optoma HD25-LV (because of the higher lumens). The Optoma HD25-LV is only brighter when used for 2D (it has the same brightness level as the less expensive HD25).

3.0 out of 5 stars Dark scenes are grainy!, June 27, 2013
M. A. Ball (High Point, NC USA) - See all my reviews
Bought this projector to replace my Optoma HD20 in order to watch 3D movies. Thankfully, this projector mounts just like the HD20 and I was able to use the same ceiling mount. However, I am very disappointed with the image quality of this display. Although bright scenes are vibrant and crisp, most dark scenes are extremely grainy. My Blu-ray movies looked much better on the HD20.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Image to improve your home cinema, July 13, 2013
its my first hd projector, and it's really cool, but the factory need to improve they applicability in processor speed, only move 60hrz,

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Home Theater Projector, June 15, 2013
I purchased this projector at the end of May, before there were any reviews on Amazon, I figured Optima is a good brand, but I still bought it with a 2 year Square Trade Warranty. I have since put about 40 hours on it. I have a 110" screen stretched in my basement and I couldn't be happier.

Pros
-Under $1000
-Great image quality
-3d if you're into that type of thing(I really don't intend on using it)

Cons
-Some of the darker scenes seam a little grainy to me (this is really nit-picky of me though)
-Expensive lamp ($355) to replace when the time comes
-3d accessories to be purchased separately

All in all, I would recommended this to a friend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good product, unpleasant buying experience, February 14, 2014
I bought this projector in July, but it didn't include the remote that's supposed to be included. They told me they sent it, but it's now February and still have not gotten it. Probably won't be buying from them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great projector, great 3D, great price, October 29, 2013
I've owned projectors for almost 15 years and after wanting to step up from my Epson, I decided to give the DLP based projectors a try and ordered the HD25 specifically because of the 3D capabilities along with its reasonable price.

First, the DLP is awesome. I never had any complaints with my precious LCD based projectors but I do think that in my room at least, the colors are just a little more vibrant.

In 3D mode, the picture is clear, sharp and well defined. I don't think it's as good as my 3D tv but it is fun to watch for sure. The projector has the DLP link capabilities built right into it so you only need to buy the RF box if you're wanting to use RF based glasses. As it is, this is exactly what I did and after trying a few of the cheaper options out there, I decided to just pay Optoma's ridiculous price and buy heir genuine glasses. So far, they're the only ones that work flawlessly with this projector that I have found but boy do they work.

It's quiet, has a great bulb life (6000 hours in Eco) and is small (and therefore easy to hide).

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Projector well worth the money, October 14, 2013
L. Young (St. Louis, MO) - See all my reviews
I purchased this projector for my basement which we recently finished. It is ceiling mounted in a home theater room which is 17x12 feet. It works great! Some complain of fan noise, some complain of it not being bright enough. Some complain the bulb is too expensive. I have none of those issues. The fan is not that loud to me. Especially since it is in a theater room with a home theater sound system. It is plenty bright for me in the basement. I do not have any direct light coming into the basement. I have seen the bulb for under $200 at several online retailers. I have yet to try out the 3D but plan to do so soon. All in all a great buy for the money. Blu Rays look crisp, DirecTV looks great!

4.0 out of 5 stars very good quality picture., October 1, 2013
very good quality picture... really like it, it did what i bought it for although i would loved if it were brighter to use it with the light on....

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›