4.0 out of 5 stars Even better than expected!
Purchased this when no reviews were available on Amazon or the wider web so took a bit of a risk. I had an old optoma which claimed 3000 lumens, so I was a little concerned this unit wouldn't be bright. In fact, It's amazing.

Things I love:

* Tiny, literally, it's a true micro projector. Fits in palm of hand.
* Very bright, widescreen display,...
Published 9 months ago by n8vision

3.0 out of 5 stars Great LED projector, but no WiFi Dongle included
Published 4 months ago by Matt B.

4.0 out of 5 stars Even better than expected!, July 10, 2013
This review is from: Optoma ML550 WXGA 500 Lumen 3D Ready Portable DLP LED Projector with HDMI (Office Product)

Things I love:

* Tiny, literally, it's a true micro projector. Fits in palm of hand.
* Very bright, widescreen display, even at 4m in a light room. Incredible given size of projector.
* Easy setup and remote for keystone etc.
* High quality color and great constrast ratio

Things I don't love:

* It has a couple of small fans which create a high pitched sound all the time, to varying levels (depending on screen mode). During quieter parts in movies or TV it's noticeable.

Overall, this projector creates an incredible display from a tiny package and I'd highly recommend it to anyone in a smaller room or who travels a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best and Brightest in the market, January 11, 2014
The Optoma ML750 700 lumen 3D portable LED projector is an amazing piece of technology. The first impression out of the box is how small it is and how light it is. The projector comes with a very nice travel zip-up bag with the Optoma logo on it, a small power supply that comes apart at the power box so it is a total of 2 cords. A universal in to VGA out with an audio in. Even if you don't use this to connect to a computer you can plug in universal and bring audio in. The last thing is a very nice controller which has all the functions that you can use on the machine. I also bought a Sunpak SPK620786 5-Inch Flex Leg Mini-Spider Tripod which fits it perfect and works very well to hold it up and change angles.

I connected via Macbook Pro retina through the HDMI port on the back. I changed input to HDMI and it matched my screen within 5 seconds. I first used it in my office which is very bright and I projected from about 10 ft back and I had an amazing, bright beautiful picture of my computer screen which is a stock Apple image with vibrant colors. I was amazed at how bright it is and how good the picture is. I then played a video from netflix to test the sound and the speakers are ok for a small group of people but not good enough for a good action movie in your house. I would just use the audio from your input device or from the universal cord with audio in. The keystone correction works very well but usually you don't need it, keystone is always a salesman pitch but when its on your wall you don't really care that it is a little bigger on the top than the bottom, trust me.

I looked for about 2 weeks for which projector I wanted. I am using this for office presentations in a large well lit conference room, home movies and demonstrations at different stores that we have in our company. The other projectors I looked at are the Optoma ML550, Qumi Q5, Aaxa P300, Aaxa LED showtime, Dell M110 and a couple of the brookstone models. The Qumi Q5, ML550 and the Dell M110 were the only ones that were kind of close to this in the way of picture quality and brightness. The ML550 is the same thing just 200 less lumens, the Dell M110 is very close in size where the Q5 is a little larger and more rectangle shaped. After looking at these and testing them the ML750 was the best in brightness and quality of picture.

This is one of the only projectors in this market that you can project a large picture in a room with bright lights and still have really good quality and brightness. I projected a powerpoint in our conference room with the 20 plus lights we have and I could read even the smallest print well. I tested this next to a standard light projector that was 2,500 lumen in our conference room and this has a better picture and looked brighter! That's the power of LED.

Overall this is in my opinion the best "pico" projector on the marker for its size, connections, and quality of display. You can't fit it in your pocket but it comes pretty close to. I would not waste my time with the smaller below 300 lumens on the market, you just don't get a bright enough picture. I have not tested the 3D but will test and amend this when I do.

I would recommend this to anyone who is in the market for a small, LED projector that looks amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!!, October 10, 2013
My second optoma projector already owned a pt105. This one blows that out of tbe water.

PROS
1. Small and lightweight
2. Bright crisp picture
3. Easy to operate menu
4. Ability to hang and display upside down and rotate picture.
5. 1/4 x 20 connector on bottom to mount on celing.

Cons
1. Remote super small will eventually lose.

At 12 1/2 feet back I get a 110 inch screen very clear.
In broad daylight easy to see picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice tiny projector, August 26, 2013
R Chaikin (Pound Ridge, NY) - See all my reviews
Very bright. Very small and light (easy to carry in my laptop bag). Very clear. Everyone who sees it and what it projects is amazed. I haven't noticed any unusual noise from the fan or anything. The colors are just what they should be, and the multiple screen resolution options are great. So far I've used the standard laptop connector to my Windows laptop and the HDMI connection to my iPad (with the digital connector from Apple), and both worked as expected. I only wish the focus was a little easier to get right across the entire image, that there was a way to manually switch the source on the projector itself (maybe there is, but I haven't found it and have to use the remote that came with it), and that there was a little adjustable leg to angle it up towards the screen (it just sits flat on the table or a pile of books, sadly no leg to angle it). But overall, I do really like it and recommend it. 4.5 stars, but since that isn't an option, I'll round it up to 5 stars because it does work well.

5.0 out of 5 stars First looks, first projector, July 15, 2013
Optoma ML550, WXGA, 500 LED Lumens, Mobile Projector

We purchased this from a brick-and-mortar shop (Beach Camera) that sells online, as we were in the neighborhood and impatient. I'll be using it for small business meetings, when I don't want 4-6 folks hovering over my shoulder to see a small laptop screen. Once we're spending the money, we wanted one that we could also use it at home for other purposes. I did extensive research over a few days, ultimately settling in at projectionCentral.com for self-educating.

The ML550 won out, even with a lack of reviews other than 1 at Amazon. I'll be back with an update once I've used it onsite (beyond initial impressions)

PROS:
- wide range of image sizes (17-100); most others started at 30, and I may find myself in very small rooms
- 1.7x zoom; this is the only projector of its size that had zoom (based on our research)
- the tiny tiny size, and the low low weight
- easy to switch aspect ratio setting via the remote
- easy to switch mode (PC, Cinema, Bright) via the remote
- easy to mute/hide the display, via the remote

CONS
- the zoom needs a dedicated button on the remote; as it is, we have to navigate thru the menu tree to get there and will probably use the keyboard control from my laptop instead

NOTES:
- it does have a standard 1/4-20 connection at the bottom, which is not mentioned anywhere
- as of today, the manual is not available at optomausa.com; we were fine getting up and running without it
- great little case for the projector + cables

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent performance w/ a few minor mechanical issues., February 22, 2014
Although this particular projector is pitched as a mobile presentation unit, I purchased it for my home theater, as it is one of the more affordable LED projectors.

PRO

Despite being advertised with a maximum projection distance just under 10' I have mine at about 12', and the result is still a crystal clear picture that I would estimate at between 110" and 120".

Do not need to access a menu to adjust the volume, or to change input from HDMI to VGA (this was an issue with my last projector).

Fan noise is virtually non-existent and has not had an overheat yet.

Automatic Keystone adjustment has worked flawlessly.

CON

(keep in mind that this projector was not actually designed for my application, and some of these were expected)

Remote in absolutely tiny, you will want to purchase a universal remote that can learn buttons if you intend to use this for a home theater.

Sound is very weak, you will want to use some sort of sound system (projector has a 3.5mm out).

(the following may be specific to my unit, or may be common problems)

The ceiling mount bolt holes are very soft and stripped out almost immediately, as a result I had to build a slanted shelf hanging from my ceiling instead of mounting the projector upside down (as intended).

The focus wheel on the side of the unit has limited resistance, meaning that my sub-woofer sometimes vibrates the projector out of focus

CONCLUSION

I would absolutely recommend this project at or below $800 (the price point at which Amazon has been selling it), for use as either a home theater or mobile presentation unit.

I would NOT recommend it for home theater use at the list price of nearly $1500, if you are going to spend that you can get a projector that is better designed for that application.

5.0 out of 5 stars Waaaay better than expected, January 10, 2014
I was originally looking at a pocket projector when I saw them at brookstone under their own name. The ones they had worked reasonably well up to 60" in a very dark area. I did a little more research and found they just came out with a newer model that is 300lumens, and saw it up close, and it works much better, then I did a little internet research and found there are a LOT of choices in the 300-400 lumen range. Then I found this optoma projector, and saw it was available in 500 and 700 lumens which is unheard of for a pocket projector. Unsure of what I really needed, I decided to play it safe and order the 700 lumen model. Picture quality is amazing, projects 50-60" in a brightly lit room, and 100-120" in a dark room, HD quality picture. Also has a built in media player where you can throw a bunch of DivX movies on a microSD card and it will play them completely standalone without a PC. Colors are very rich, and despite other reviews, in "cinema mode" colors are pretty accurate. I probably could have gotten away with the 500lumen version, but I am VERY happy with this projector. I also run this from a portable lithium battery pack, and can watch full length movies on a battery charge.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great LED projector, but no WiFi Dongle included, November 26, 2013
BEWARE: Optoma is shipping the ML1000P without the "included" WiFi Dongle to provide the wireless presentation feature. I ordered 2 of these and the dongle was missing in both. If one isn't included you may need to call their tech support and order one if this is important to you. The brightness is decent for LED and the auto-keystone/rotate & rear-protection features are nice. The touchpad to the interface is a great idea.

If you need a portable projector, this is a solid option. Took away 1 star for the USB WiFi Dongle not being included.

UPDATE 12/5/2013:

There appears to be a very annoying issue with WARM-UP FOCUS whereby the unit can't seem to maintain a consistent focus from the last time it was used. In other words, you may find yourself constantly adjusting its manual focus. In researching this issue, other ML models have exhibited this issue. If this will be permanently mounted, this will likely be bothersome. If you're using this occasionally and don't mind re-focusing the projector when it begins to get warmer, then you might be OK. Dropped an additional star rating for this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good projector for its size, January 15, 2014
Good projector, very small, very portable and the image quality is good. Only thing that I dislike about this product is the lack of inputs. This projector is made small... very small and therefore the space for additional inputs is limited. Other than that. Its a very good product for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted.., January 15, 2014
Always wanted to have a home theater instead of TV.. Finally zeroed in on this ML750 model.. Totally impressed by it. Really bright, can see the videos even on bright sunny day. I project directly on my cream-ish wall and don't see a need for a projector screen. Only draw back is that it's fan noise is loud, but it gets covered by high volume of home theater system, hence the four star. Also wish it came with a hdmi cable in box.

ARRAY(0x9511a2a0)