Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Oracle Database 10g Performance Tuning Tips & Techniques (Oracle Press)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

94%
Format: Paperback|Change

on March 2, 2008
I highly recommend this book as a handy reference to keep at your desk. It is full of handy tips and a great assessment for reviewing your own environnment.
on November 18, 2008
Great book for Oracle database professionals who want to deepen their understanding of the manifold factors that affect performance. I learned a ton of instantly useful information during my first pass through the book. I now keep this book within arm's reach as a reference, using it frequently to address tuning issues as they arise.
on May 24, 2009
This is a very useful book for those who are looking for improving the performance of their Oracle Database. It's full of good tips that you can apply to your database.
Don't you expect miracles if you want this improving overnight. I've learned that tuning is an everyday (or every week) task.
on March 28, 2008
Hi,

This book is great for DBA and Developper alike. I would recommend it to anyone working with Oracle, even if you're not working to solve performance issues. With all those tips at hand never your application will suffer from poor programming.

Guillaume
on February 24, 2008
I love reading this book. I typically read a few pages before bed. It's filled with lots of practical examples and suggestions. Very thorough explanations. Some of the examples could do with a little more explaining but overall it's still very useful.
on April 30, 2013
Very good book.

I recommend this book to any DBA.

Cons is you cannot download scripts used in the book.
on November 13, 2008
In my opinion, this is the best Oracle press I've ever read in its quality. The book is well organized, has extensive tested examples and the author's strong experience apparantly added to the value of the book.
For those who want to be specialized in Oracle database tuning, this book is a must.
I wish all Oracle books would be in this level of quality.
on December 22, 2008
It's one of those great books that give you only useful information. Very good choice, I recommend it to all people interested by performance of Oracle.
on November 20, 2009
Easy to understand about Performance tuning.
Helpful to make idea review & investigate your oracle database.
on November 21, 2007
A "must have" Oracle book for anyone who works with Oracle on a day-to-day basis. The database efficiencies I have been able to obtain for my clients by simply using Rich's book as a point of reference are well worth the cost in purchasing it.

Adam Suber, Event Chairperson, Southeastern Michigan Oracle Professionals (SEMOP) Group.