From the Back Cover
The Most Complete Guide to Maximizing Oracle Recovery Manager
Deploy a rock-solid data backup and disaster recovery strategy with the in-depth guidance of this authoritative volume. From the exclusive publishers of Oracle Press books, Oracle Database 10g RMAN Backup & Recovery shows you, step by step, how to set up RMAN-ready databases, create reliable backup tapes and discs, and perform accurate Oracle system restores. Find out how to use RMAN from the command line and from Enterprise Manager, generate meaningful lists and reports, and automate administrative tasks using third-party media management tools. Plus, you'll learn to perform incremental backups, Flashback recoveries, and database cloning.
- Set up, configure, and maintain Oracle Database 10g RMAN
- Use RMAN recovery catalogs, target database packages, and control files
- Centralize backup tape management using Oracle Secure Backup
- Perform online, offline, and incremental system backups
- Monitor and tune performance with Enterprise Manager Grid Control and Database Control
- Accomplish complete and partial RMAN database restores
- Improve functionality using VERITAS NetBackup, EMC NetWorker Module, and Tivoli Storage Manager
- Overcome human errors using Flashback Versions Query and Transaction Query
- Create clone and standby databases from tape and disc backups
- Work with Real Application Cluster (RAC) databases and sync-and-split hardware technologies
About the Author
Robert G. Freeman is an Oracle DBA. Among the other books Robert has written are the bestselling titles Oracle Database 10g New Features, Oracle 9i RMAN Backup and Recovery, and Oracle 9i New Features. Robert also wrote the Oracle Press book Portable DBA: Oracle.