From the Back Cover
Build Robust J2EE Applications in the Oracle Environment
Create web and database applications with Oracle JDeveloper 10g--the complete, integrated Java development environment--with help from this comprehensive, real-world resource. Many chapters contain hands-on practices and source code examples reinforcing vital concepts. It’s all here--from the nuts-and-bolts of J2EE applications, servlets, and JavaServer Pages technology to advanced development using the Oracle Application Development Framework. From the exclusive publishers of Oracle Press books, Oracle JDeveloper 10g Handbook will have you developing Java-based applications in no time.
- Build user-friendly JavaServer Pages, Java client, and ADF UIX applications using Oracle JDeveloper 10g
- Streamline the design process with the all-new Application Development Framework
- Access databases from J2EE apps using ADF Business Components, Enterprise
- JavaBeans technology, and Oracle Application Server TopLink Mappings
- Access web services from web-based applications
- Manage page flow for web applications with Apache Struts
- Create user interfaces with Swing components, JSP tags, and ADF UIX
- Use layout managers, UML diagrams, visual editors, and Component and Data Control palettes
About the Author
Dr. Paul Dorsey is the founder and President of Dulcian, Inc. Dulcian specializes in Oracle client-server and web custom application development including developing new projects, auditing existing efforts, and rescuing failed projects. Paul is the Executive Editor of SELECT Magazine. He is the President of the New York Oracle Users’ Group. Paul and Peter Koletzke shared the Pinnacle Publishing Technical Achievement Award at ECO ‘95 for their work on a Forms template. Paul has won best presentation awards at both ECO and IOUW conferences and speaks at numerous Oracle conferences and user group meetings.