From the Back Cover
Fully Integrated Book/QuickTime Video PackageExpert Training at an Incredible Value!!
CD-ROM contains 31/2 hours of QuickTime video instruction PLUS the Oracle PL/SQL Interactive Workbook!
Covers syntax, program control, exceptions, cursors, procedures, functions, packages, stored code, triggers, PL/SQL tables, and more.
Features 31/2 hours of expert QuickTime video instruction by Columbia University instructor Elena Silvestrova.
START-TO-FINISH ORACLE PL/SQL VIDEO TRAINING FROM EXPERT INSTRUCTORS
See it, hear it, do it! There's never been a faster, more effective way to master Oracle PL/SQL. Based upon courses at Columbia University's prestigious "Database Application Development and Design" program, this book/video package uses real-world labs, exercises, projects, and insight to explore every aspect of Oracle PL/SQL development.
- First, watch QuickTime video lectures as your personal instructor walks through every key concept
- Line-by-line code analysis shows you exactly how it's done, step by step!
- Then, work through hundreds of hands-on labs and exercises
- Next, read related sections in the book for more detailed coverage
- Finally, do your "homework"-real-world "Test Your Thinking" projects
Covers every Oracle PL/SQL technique and concept you need to master:
- PL/SQL syntax, structured programming, and iterative control
- Scoping and anchored datatypes
- Exception handling-in depth
- Scoping, cursors, packaged code, and triggers
- Advanced topics: stored code, package and parameter passing, and much more!
- All beginning database programmers
- Web developers building database-enabled applications with Oracle
- Familiarity with SQL in Oracle 7, 8, or 8i database
Includes the best-selling Oracle PL/SQL Interactive Workbook. This innovative workbook teaches all of the Oracle PL/SQL skills you need- without the endless, boring discussions of most books. Integrated with the book's tutorials are hands-on practical exercises, self-review questions, and real-world labs. "Test Your Thinking" projects guarantee that you'll go beyond rote knowledge to really master the subject.RAVE REVIEW! "This book is perfect for someone new to PL/SQL. The workbook holds your hand and walks you through PL/SQL programming, every step of the way."
About the Author
ELENA SILVESTROVA, BENJAMIN ROSENZWEIG and Series Technical Advisor DOUGLAS SCHERER are instructors at the Columbia University School of Continuing Education, specializing in database development and management.