From the Back Cover
Speak the Language of PL/SQL 8.0 for Oracle8.
Become fluent in the powerful Oracle8 development language and create applications that exude efficiency, reliability, and grace. This completely revised and updated book and CD-ROM package is your ticket to mastering PL/SQL in Oracle7 and Oracle8.
An Oracle insider, Scott Urman presents up-to-date information on the best ways to develop, test, debug, and tune your Oracle7 and Oracle8 PL/SQL applications, with an emphasis on critical server-side techniques. Beginning with an overview of PL/SQL and general programming constructs, you'll receive valuable guidance so you can:
- Minimize the time spent learning PL/SQL--get clear, concise examinations of the essential features that all Oracle developers, programmers, and DBAs must know
- Understand how PL/SQL 8.0 interacts with the new object relational database, Oracle8
- Become fluent in new, advanced PL/SQL 8.0 features, such as large objects and abstract data types
- Find solutions to your common business problems using real-world examples of PLSQL at work
- Learn how to expertly test and debug your PL/SQL code suing a variety of methods and tools, including Platinum's SQL-Station
- Find out how to use PL/SQL with third-party tools, and in such diverse environments as Oracle Developer/2000 and the Oracle Application Web Server
- Discover rich resources on the CD-ROM, including ready-to-use code from the book, and demo versions of Platinum's SQL-Station and Oracle's Web Server
Take your applications from specifications from specification to brilliantly working code in no time with Oracle8 PL/SQL Programming.
About the Author
Scott Urman (Foster City, CA) is a senior member of the diagnostic and defect technical staff in the Language Group of Oracle Support Services, where he aids users of Oracle's various language products (PL/SQL, OCI, and the Oracle precompilers). In addition, he reviews Oracle technical documentation, writes white papers on Oracle languages, and makes technical presentations both inside Oracle and at meetings of Oracle User's Groups. Scott is the best-selling author of Oracle Press' Oracle PL/SQL Programming and Oracle8 PL/SQL Programming.