From the Back Cover
Build and Maintain Self-Service, Integrated Enterprise Portals
Leverage the power of the Internet and Oracle9i Application Server Portal to organize and enable access to critical business information--and gain strategic competitive advantages for your organization. Officially authorized by Oracle Corporation, Oracle9i Application Server Portal Handbook explains how to use all the features of this powerful product to build enterprise information portals for integrated and personalized access to business information, Web content, and legacy applications. You'll learn to seamlessly publish content on an intranet, develop robust Web applications, implement security features, and maintain peak performance.
- Install and configure Oracle9i Application Server Portal
- Define user, system, and architectural requirements
- Design an enterprise information portal (EIP)
- Enable distributed administration, user-generated content, and flexible searching with Portal Content Areas
- Use the built-in portlets for granular, secure, and standardized access
- Develop Enterprise Forms and Reports
- Use the built-in graphical display features, such as Charts, Calendars, and Hierarchies
- Tune, monitor, and maintain the Portal
3 CD-ROMs include official Oracle9i Application Server Portal -- a $50 value!