Learn how to recognize and evaluate the diseases and conditions encountered in dental hygiene practice. Oral Pathology for the Dental Hygienist
delivers the ideal combination of clinical photographs, radiographs, and discussion to help you identify and document the appearance of normal and disease states. This user-friendly, atlas-style text features 500 illustrations (more than 350 in full color), including clinical photographs, radiographs, photomicrographs, and line drawings, along with case studies, review questions, and synopsis charts. The learning tools and updated content of this text make it a valuable resource for your coursework and exam preparation as well as a solid reference to consult throughout your professional career.
- Companion CD with more than 50 case studies helps you develop critical thinking skills and prepare for the national exam.
- Review questions in multiple-choice format help you measure knowledge of chapter content.
- Extraordinary illustrations including high-quality radiographs and color clinical photos depict many oral pathological conditions.
- Synopsis charts at the end of each chapter summarize all the diseases presented and their characteristics.
- Focused presentation for dental hygienists only covers content that directly affects your role in oral health care.
- Key terms and learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter enhance your comprehension of the material.
- Chapter 2: Inflammation and Repair presents new information and photos on methamphetamine abuse and the resulting destruction of teeth called "meth mouth.
- Chapter 9: Manifestations of Systemic Diseases includes new information and photos about a skin disorder called acanthosis nigricans, associated with type 2 diabetes.
- EXPANDED! glossary now addresses other relevant terms in the text, not only the key terms, making it an even more complete reference for you to utilize in all your courses.
- REVISED! Review question format now matches the format of the National Board Dental Hygiene Examination to better prepare you for the exam.
- Evolve student resources offer interactive pathology identification exercises, a 77-question multiple choice practice exam, and PDFs of the Synopsis Tables found in the book, along with helpful forms and web links.