4.0 out of 5 stars Beware : TOO SMALL !!!, January 5, 2013
This review is from: Orbea Rune Helmet (Sports)
I own a 2004 Orbea Team Euskaltel replica bicycle and it is bright orange, just like the one Iban Mayo used to ride. I came across this beautiful Orbea Rune helmet on Amazon and I instantly liked it! I have never purposely tried to match my helmet to my bike, but I figured that a little color coordination would not be a bad thing at all, specially since the Orbea Rune was available in the team Euskaltel orange color design and in my size: M/L. The only customer review posted was positive, so I bought it without giving it a second thought. Quick shipping from Amazon, I was not disappointed when I opened the box: I absolutely loved the attractive look and design of this helmet. Then, I tried it on... Way too small! Even though I shave my head and have no hair whatsoever, the Orbea Rune was so thight (I adjusted it to its largest fit), it did not allow any room for my thin skull cap (bandana). I have always worn a size M/L helmet and as much as I would have loved to keep this one, I reluctantly decided to return it. I will give it a 4 stars, because it's a great looking helmet at a great price (deserves a 5 stars rating), but it's way to small to qualify as a M/L size. Do not buy this helmet in a size M/L, unless your size is S/M, or it will not fit!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not very large, May 3, 2013
This review is from: Orbea Rune Helmet (Sports)
Great helmet but probably not a good choice for those with really big heads. As long as I keep my hair cut short it fits well. The vent holes are large enough for a U-lock to go through.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wear a helmet, you only have one head, August 1, 2013
This review is from: Orbea Rune Helmet (Sports)
Fair price for a good helmet. Good fit, solid construction, I didn't expect it to match all the features of my high end helmet. I bought this helmet because I needed to replace an older one that by now was getting stiff and less forgiving. The color fit my needs. Pleased with the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Helmet - Great Air movement, July 8, 2013
This review is from: Orbea Rune Helmet (Sports)
I wear a Large helmet, and this Orbea fits me, wearing a head band, or Du-rag: I always wear a piece of cloth to cover the top of my head, or a bandanna to keep the sweat out of my eyes.

This is classified as Large/Medium sized helmet, but I find it to be slightly larger than any of the cheap Chinese Store (Wal-Mart) large size bicycle helmets. I like the way the helmet sits lower on my head, and it is easy to forget you have the helmet on your head, since it has vents designed to move a lot air

Compared to any Giro helmet, this is a wonderful bicycle helmet, with proper straps to fasten the helmet to your head instead of the easy damaged Roc Loc 5 fit system that requires purchasing a Giro Replacement Roc Loc 5 retention system, or two small zip ties to carry in your under seat bag.

Overall, I would recommend you ask your Local Bike Shop to carry the Orbea helmet line, as I tried the Odin, Rune and Thor models discovering the the Odin moved the most air, but my pocket book could only afford the Rune...

5.0 out of 5 stars No worries about the size, July 1, 2013
This review is from: Orbea Rune Helmet (Sports)
I read a lot of reviews before deciding to purchase a "M/L" helmet. Many people have said they are way too small. Strange, in that my "M/L" came in a box with "L" clearly marked on the outside. It has plastic adjustments for the size (think really big zip ties) and while they are most of the way "out" it is fine. It looks great and as others have said it matches my black and orange Orbea bike too.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice helmet, May 11, 2013
This review is from: Orbea Rune Helmet (Sports)
This helmet is really nice. I wear a size 7 hat, and the small/medium helmet fits really well. It's easy to adjust, and doesn't make my head overheat like some others. I have nothing bad to say about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Is an excellent piece., May 9, 2013
This review is from: Orbea Rune Helmet (Sports)
The helmet is one of the best you can find in the market, good quality, has a very light weight, the design is more than I expected, if the image is excellent, much better physically model is looks. widely recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Cool Protection, November 29, 2012
Kevin Black (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Orbea Rune Helmet (Sports)
This helmet is way cool. I have an Orbea racer with lots of Orange and the Euskaltel racing outfit -- again, lots of orange. The helmet is easily adjustable and also comes with an extra set of thicker inner pads to further customize the fit of the helmet. Obviously, I haven't crash-tested it (or maybe not so obviously), but I feel if/when it's necessary, this will be a very nice helmet to have on my head. It's unique and colorful, as are all things Orbea, and the price was much better on Amazon for a first rate helmet than anywhere else I could find. If you're into color coordinating your bike, clothes, and helmets, check out the three Orbea helmet lines -- they're all colorful, stylish, sturdy, and you'll look faster if nothing else.

Orbea Rune Helmet