4,219 Reviews
 (3,723)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing as always
Published on September 12, 2012 by R. Greymountain

2.0 out of 5 stars slow to show
so upset that you are not showing last nights episode yet?? one night we get to see it after midnight now having to wait .. The show is great.
Published 22 months ago by samobleigh

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing as always, September 12, 2012
Season 5 has started out with a bang, and I loved the writing and how everyone is really bringing these characters to life. I know most people who have never watched the show think its all about an Outlaw club, but honestly that's just one piece of it. The show is about people, and how they interact and react to the situations they are put into. Last nights episode was another great one with amazing performances, Kim Coates (Tig) in particular has a great scene in this episode. I would highly recommend buying the episodes on amazon, and then when the dvd comes out next year, buy that too for all of the extras. If you have never watched an episode of Sons, find a friend who has seasons 1-4 and watch them. Also I would recommend watching Kurt Sutter's youtube videos for behind the scenes stuff. It is a great way for fans to connect with the cast and creator. This is the only show that I know of that actually keeps in touch with the fans inbetween seasons.

Anyway I will not put any spoilers in this review, and will just recommend you watch this show because it is really a great show. But this show is not for children, so if you have little ones, don't let them watch the show with you. There is a reason why the show comes on as late as it does. Thank you for reading my review and I hope this helped you a little in deciding whether to buy these episodes or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Missing Scenes! - Issue Resolved, November 7, 2012
**********EDIT***************

The issue of the missing scenes has been resolved! Something about the Canadian version and distributors or something. Not entirely sure. But the episode is now at 53 minutes. Thank goodness.

So I re-evaluated the stars to reflect the content of the episode - AMAZING!

However, I'm leaving the body of the review explaining the original problem in case this issue comes up with future episodes. The last few are supposed to be extended as well so it's worth watching lengths to make sure we're getting everything Sutter wants us to see.

**************END OF EDIT*************************

Original rating - 1 star for missing content

I love Sons of Anarchy, and this episode at full length (as aired in the US on FX) was amazing, as per usual.

However, this version (and from a friend I know the iTunes version as well) is missing several scenes. Mostly character development type scenes, not anything that seemed to be detrimental to the plot (but we all know Sutter may well make small details important), but good scenes. Apparently, this shortened version is what aired in Canada.

And at least one of the missing scenes explains a later scene that remains (I know it sounds confusing, but I'm trying not to give away any spoilers here, it's quite difficult).

The full version without commercials should be 51 minutes, check the time stamp, this version is only 44. 7 minutes are missing. I feel that that is unacceptable. I want the full experience when I rewatch during the off season.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW., September 26, 2012
I'm speechless. I can't put into words of what just happened. This episode has turned this season upside down and into a new animal. Sutter has me completely clueless on what he's going to do next. My idea of what is going to happen this season has been blown away by just one character's fate. RIP brother

5.0 out of 5 stars Speechless....., September 26, 2012
C. Mohon (Phoenix, Arizona) - See all my reviews
Man, I won't lie. I'm more than a bit shell-shocked over this episode. Sutter.....Sutter is a mad genius with a pen. I'm saddened over what went down in this episode but I admire Sutter's guts in doing it, knowing that fan reaction would be intense. Sutter has no sacred cows. He warned us before the start of the season that Sons was about Jax's voyage, and brother, this will affect the direction Jax takes from now on. Already he is harder. I'm sad but I can't turn away. I can't remember when a show has hooked me this hard. I didn't want to see what I saw in this episode, yet it stays within the familiar bounds of love and brotherhood that these Sons have for one another. Amazing. This is shaping up to be the best seasons of Sons yet

5.0 out of 5 stars Missing Content Restored -, November 7, 2012
Fanny V. Darling (Crockett, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
This is my favorite show. I own all seasons on both DVD and VOD versions, I keep the most recent season on my DVR. It is unacceptable for the streaming services to offer versions that differ from the show that aired in their region/country. I sincerely hope this is an distribution error and will be rectified shortly. Please offer the full episode for download ASAP.

Edit - As promised, I have changed my star rating now that the full US episode has aired. Thank you Sutter/FX & Amazon for rectifying this situation and ensuring that those who buy their weekly episodes got the same experience as those who watch it live!

5.0 out of 5 stars fine show, October 24, 2012
not much in the world that I enjoy, but this show keeps me waiting every week for the newest episode. I love the twist and turn world of SAMCROWE and hope it goes for a good long time. As I said not much that I enjoy but this show does it for me all the way. Keep up the great work and Thank You for this enjoyment.

OldManinTX

4.0 out of 5 stars Five-Stars for the show.... Three-stars for the delivery., December 5, 2012
I love the show. Season five was a great season for Jax. He's journey to the gavel and the fallout with Clay is a great story.

I've been disappoint with Amazon's timing of delivery. Most weeks I woke up to the next episode. But on a could of occasions, including this morning for the season finale' it's nowhere to be found.

5.0 out of 5 stars sons small world oct 16, October 17, 2012
Man I have to say I am once again blown away. I knew Clay would not slink away with his tail between his legs but man I did not think he would sink so low. i should be ashamed of myself for not thinking the worse. he is going to bring his crew down just because he is no longer the head and it can't go the way he wants. seems this big bully surely can not play in the sand box with the rest of the kiddies. i am only hoping it doesn't take the rest of the gang the season to figure out clay is screwing them from the inside. i need to have faith in my boys that someone will figure this crap out and fast. was so sorry that Rita and the baby are gone but it just makes the sheriff angry and maybe just maybe he will play with the other kids to bring his wife's killer out in the open. man clay you and your new posse need to go down and in a big way. you guys need to be made an example. wow blown away speechless
another hell of a show

5.0 out of 5 stars Too good for words!, September 19, 2012
OMG!!! As always a great episode. Most shows get worse with age. Not this one. Episode 1 was so disturbingly good. Episode 2 just makes you wish you could watch the rest of the season. Waiting on pins and needles until next week. Don't know if I can stand it.

4.0 out of 5 stars whats going on with the new episode!, November 21, 2012
i wake up early every wednesday to watch sons and it is now 2:00 florida time and it still is not up. What is going on Amazon? this is not the first time this has happened and am thinking about taking my business elsewhere if these issues continue to arise. GET THE NEW EPISODE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rate and Discover Movies