5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding - best nursery rhyme book out there
Published on February 28, 2010 by K. Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY "Used" Book
First of all this book came from the "Orange County Library System!" It is complete with the Dewey Decimal System Number and everything. Most of the pages are scribbled on, except for the ones that are shown on this web site!
Published on July 18, 2007 by Laura L. Attix

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding - best nursery rhyme book out there, February 28, 2010
This review is from: The Orchard Book of Nursery Rhymes (Books for Giving) (Hardcover)
I frequent thrift shops/garage sales and have looked through thousands of books for my kids. I have seen tons of nursery rhyme books but this is the best I have EVER seen. The illustrations in most nursery rhyme books are just 'alright'. Not only does this book offer a LOT of content, the illustrations are GREAT. An added bonus in the back of the book is that the illustrator also gives some historical reference behind many of the rhymes. I'm a homeschooler, and my kids have approx. 1000 books in their personal home library. If I were to rank this book, it would probably be in our top 10 'keepers' for fun reading. It's that good!

5.0 out of 5 stars best nursery rhyme book I've found yet -but am still looking, June 7, 2002
By A Customer
What sets this book apart are the illustrations. They are set in the 18th century (since, as the illustrator explains, that is when nursery rhyme books first began to be published) and are attractive and match the verses well. There are many rhymes in this book. Unfortunately there is room for only a single, smallish (though detailed) illustration for each rhyme.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, February 18, 2006
Charming traditional nursery rhymes. Good quality paper and binding. Wonderful color illustrations. Easy to read, large print. Your children should love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Nursery Rhyme Book, August 31, 2009
I really love this book. It has such colorful pictures and the best nursery rhymes in it. I bought this for my grandson before he was born and although he's only 4 months old, I can not wait to start reading it to him. Great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, August 1, 2011
Love this book, and my grandkids do, too. The pictures have a dignity and a beauty missing in many nursery rhyme books today. Once we pick up this book it is hard to put down and we end up doing all of the rhymes. Well worth purchasing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, April 24, 2013
Illustrations excellent - content exactly what I was looking for - overall quality of print and book excellent - I thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars all the usual nursery rhymes plus some other funny ones, October 24, 1999
By A Customer
better than most of the nursery rhyme collections. good pictures for kids

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY "Used" Book, July 18, 2007

2.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware., February 21, 2006
Content of book is great however, condition of this library book was not "like new" as described by seller.

The Orchard Book of Nursery Rhymes (Books for Giving)
The Orchard Book of Nursery Rhymes (Books for Giving) by Zena Sutherland (Hardcover - September 6, 1990)
Used & New from: $0.78