Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:$2.99

on May 8, 2012
I enjoyed reading ORCHIDS IN MOONLIGHT very much. The hero, Cord, was a handsome, strong-minded, very sexy man who had been hired as the leader of a wagon train going from Missouri to California to bring brides there. Jaime, the heroine, was a beautiful, determined woman who wanted to get to CA in order to search for her father who she last heard from two years before. Cord refused to take Jamie with the other brides because he said that she was too delicate to survive the trip, so with the help of two friends, Kate and Hannah, she stowed away in one of the wagons. She'd planned to come out of hiding after the train had gone too far to send her away, but her plan fell through when all the families and single women decided to leave the train. Jaime hid in the supply wagon and Cord, who thought himself alone, set off on the trail. After quite a few adventures, Jaime realized that she loves Cord but knew she had to keep it a secret because Cord was determined not to love any woman. I don't want to give away more of the plot; suffice it to say that it was a real page-turner.

ORCHIDS IN MOONLIGHT was well-written and well-edited and all the main characters and some of the minor ones had well-developed personalities. The imagery was both vivid and realistic and the dialogue was authentic. The writing style was smooth and flowing from beginning to end and the historical details were accurate. Overall, I think this was a great story that is well worth the time to read it and I recommend it to anyone who likes historical love stories.
on May 1, 2012
Yes!! I highly recommend this book. I really enjoyed it. I love historical romance books and this one is now Book is now one of my favorites ..btw I really wish the would put my name on the the account/reviews not my husbands!!!!
on March 20, 2013
I was a little surprised when I began to read this one. For some unknown reason I supposed this one would have an exotic setting like the Bizantine Empire, but no, it was Early America Missouri to San Francisco.

What a ride it was. I particularly like the Hero Corde and his prefect foil Jaime. Their rather tempestuous relationship and the hot, hot sexy nights was amazing. I also, liked the aspect of the mystery surrounding her father's disappearance the business partners unscrupulous kidnapping scheme to get the gold map.

All in all it was a most wonderful, surprising, Charming rendition of a theme that has been done more than once but not often with such refreshing insight and such wonderful characters.

Bravo!!!
on June 2, 2012
I felt this book had good characters, an interesting plot and some intrigue. The author wrote very vivid and detailed descriptions so that I felt I knew the layout of the land, so to speak. It kept my interest and had some good romance.
on September 22, 2012
Patricia Hagan has done it again! She takes us on a whirlwind ride across time and space, allowing us to travel in a wagon train, on a horse and other modes of transportation available in th 1800's. Rather than feeling like a voyeur, she makes you feel like you're participating! I love this author and recommend her to all my friends.
on October 19, 2013
great Book to read..I read over 1000 books over the years , so it is hard for me to find a good book..It was not the best I read...but very entertaining..I love historical and paranormal romance books..It was worth my time..
on April 25, 2013
Since I was born and raised in the West, I am very familiar with Cowboys and Indians. This is an adventure about crossing by wagon train to California. Well written with lots of steammy romance. Got my heart rate up!
on September 21, 2012
The book, "Orchids in the Moonlight" was a well written romance book. I thought it was very enjoyable and I plan to read more from this author, Patricia Hagan. Thank you for the opportunity to express my opinion
on September 4, 2008
I didn't feel it was a page turner, as the 5 star reviewer did but it is still an okay read, not bad but not great either. I never really felt a connection with Jaime and Cord. I didn't have that feeling of caring what happened between them as I do with a really good book, you know, when they have that special charisma between the lovers... that was definitely lacking here. I did like the play on the name of the book 'Orchids in moonlight' at the end of the book. That was different.
0Comment7 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2014
While reading this book for the second time I was still captured and held till the end.