Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on March 8, 2010
Order information:
I was impressed with the quick delivery of my order. The ladybugs arrived in a vacuum sealed bag two days after I ordered them. They appeared healthy.

I was in desperate need for 3800 live ladybugs, but the only supplier on amazon decided to sell them in boxes of 4500. I did not want to wait for my necessary quantity to go up for sale, so I was forced to order what was available.

As soon as I received them, I wanted to verify I received what I paid for. I was upset after spending 13 hours counting them when I realized I had actually only received 4491 ladybugs. Seeing as I paid (...) per ladybug, I'm pretty upset about not receiving my complete order. Then again, I only need 3800.

I quickly released the extra 691 ladybugs out my front door. Seeing as it's 14 degrees out, they didn't make it very far.

Now on to my plan:
I was laying in bed six weeks ago, and I was doing some math. Ladybugs reproduce at a rate of 180 per "couple" per month. This means that there is huge profit potential in the ladybug business. Let me explain this with some math.

3800 = 1900 Couples. This is what I wanted to start out with.
1900 couples x 180 babies output will net me 342,000 total ladybugs the first month.
The next month I would have 171,000 couples which would yield 30,780,000 in 30 days.

I'm sure you can see how many ladybugs I will have in a year. Basically I'll have a trillion, or something. I didn't get that far, I just knew I was going to be rich. And I say "was" because I found the downside of this so called "4500 ladybugs for (...)".

They're all males, and they're gay. It took me 30 days to realize this because they never had any babies. I missed all the signs, including the loose stool, and the bow legged walks they were exhibiting.

I'll rate these a four. Quick shipping, and I guess I received what I ordered. I just wish they would have stated more details on the product.
review image
3939 comments511 of 608 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 11, 2011
I received my lady bugs about 10 days after I ordered them. Most were dead on arrival. Perhaps the shipment was too long and hot but I won't order again.
on June 10, 2011
Edit: The ladybugs did the trick! My plants are happy, healthy and bug free again!

I'm writing this review to explain how "next day air" works when ordering live ladybugs. It confused me for a while until I worked out what happened.

I live in a hot area so I requested next day shipping. I didn't want the bugs sitting in a 110 degree truck.

Ladybugs take "1 - 2 days to process" but I received notice that they shipped about an hour after I placed my order so I assumed I would get my bugs the next day.

Not so: that shipment was from the supplier to the vendor. That's what is meant by "1 - 2 days to process" The supplier ships next day air to the vendor.

Then the vendor shipped next day air to me, so it took two days from placing my order to receiving it. I probably shouldn't have received "supplier to vendor" shipping information. That made things confusing but I still appreciated knowing what was going on.

This is as best as you can get. You wouldn't want the vendor to keep a stock of live bugs on a shelf waiting for orders. Its better to get them from the supplier as needed.

My ladybugs did not come in the plastic tub that is pictured. Instead they came in a plastic net envelope that was securely heat sealed. The envelope was placed in box with air holes, loosely packed with shipping peanuts. They were well protected and I don't see how any of them could escape unless someone cut the envelope open.

I would recommend using next day shipping. I'm not sure how hardy ladybugs are but the packaging doesn't offer much protection against overheating. I don't think they could be well insulated and still have access to fresh air.
on April 9, 2010
Half the bugs arrived slowly dying and the rest died shortly there after. I don't know if it was too early in the season, or just a bad batch. They were crawling out of the box in the post mans truck, he was't too happy.
0Comment22 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 17, 2011
The first time I ordered the lady bugs was great. This time over half of them where dead when they arrived.
on August 24, 2011
They sent the ladybugs by usps and the bugs were late so I complained and boy did I get some response. They did ask me if I wanted and re-fund or a re-send but I did not receive the mail and I tried to tell them that I did not get their message. I finally received the bugs (about 10% dead) but the lady that I finally talked to did not make me feel as thought I was her client, but maybe just a pain. Good bugs not a great system.
on July 9, 2011
Two day shipping took nine days. Lady bugs went from California to Canada to Texas and were mostly dead upon arrival.
on August 1, 2012
It's hard to fault ladybugs. They are what they are, no variations. The perk is that from this seller, they're packaged in a large fabric bag for breathability, padded with some straw to keep the bugs from getting crushed, and then placed in a solid and well-ventilated cardboard box for shipping, which ensures they show up at your door alive and kicking. While I didn't count to see that all 4500 of them were in there (it's hard to count creepy-crawlies who fly away as soon as they can wake up enough to do it), I had virtually zero dead-on-arrival, and my garden is now abundantly stocked with the little critters. Quick to ship, safe delivery, good service!
on July 26, 2013
After reading the reviews, I anticipated many dead bugs with my order, so I ordered from two separate companies. Imagine my suprise when I didn't see ANY dead. Shipping was fast! When I placed my order, projected delivery date was a week and a half after I placed my order, and I received them THREE days after placing the order. When placing my order the latter part of July, I figured I would be lucky to have a few survivors due to the heat we are having. I am just in awe. I will definitely order again.
on October 18, 2015
OK, this was officially the weirdest thing I've ever purchased on Amazon.com. I had no idea you could actually purchase ladybugs. Anyway, we had an aphid problem and needed a good solution. We purchased the ladybugs and received them on time and alive. The ladybugs fixed the aphid problem and left us happy. I almost re-purchased more this year just as a preventative measure. I'm sure I'll repurchase again. (Still weird I can get this on amazon :-) )