Customer Discussions > Portal 2 - Xbox 360 forum

Order multiple copies and get multiple $20 discounts?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 5, 2011 8:38:02 PM PDT
Eric says:
Am I allowed to order 2 copies and get 2 $20 discounts? If I put them in separate orders maybe?

Posted on Apr 5, 2011 9:23:35 PM PDT
Doesn't seem implausible...

You'd also have to order two individual copies (presumably) since it says it will only apply Release Date Delivery to one copy, if multiple are ordered in the same order.

I personally have no experience ordering two copies and getting two credits, though. You MAY be able to talk to Amazon's customer service about it afterwards.

Posted on Apr 5, 2011 11:22:37 PM PDT
no. one per customer.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 6, 2011 1:15:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 6, 2011 1:15:43 PM PDT
mikey tro says:
just order the second using a different account and ship to the same address

Posted on Apr 7, 2011 11:24:31 AM PDT
Matt says:
If you read the end of the promotional box, you will see it says "Limit one per customer." And if you decide to do what M. Troiani says, do it at your own risk, because Amazon would retain the right to terminate both of your accounts, and cancel both of your orders, if they feel you are trying to "dupe" the system. Technically you're not supposed to have multiple Amazon accounts, but I guess it's up to you if you wanna take the risk.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2011 7:48:26 PM PDT
M. Fuller says:
What if I use a family members Prime account? I have prime and share it with my mother. What if she "buys" the second copy? It's actually not for me, it's for a friend.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2011 9:29:59 PM PDT
Matt says:
@M. Fuller,

In that case I'd say you'd be fine because you're both different customers ordering with your individual accounts.

Posted on Apr 13, 2011 12:42:42 PM PDT
Patio B. says:
My roomate and I tend to order the same games. Two seperate accounts, same address, but we each get a $ credit. It will not work using the same account.

Posted on Apr 13, 2011 2:27:26 PM PDT
I'm interested to know if you buy a PS3 copy and an Xbox 360 copy in separate orders, would you get the $20 for each since they are technically two different items?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2011 7:32:23 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 13, 2011 7:34:11 PM PDT
Nathan says:
Shadow Shogun: You probably won't get it automatically, but you might have a chance if you contact customer service. Last year I ordered the standard version of Black Ops on Xbox 360 for myself, and the Prestige edition on PS3 for someone else, in separate orders. Initially I only got the credit for one order, so I contacted customer service and argued that although they were technically the same game, they were different versions and not interchangeable, so they should be considered two different items. After a couple of days I got the credit for both orders.

Posted on Apr 14, 2011 1:11:56 PM PDT
Benton says:
what are you trying to do? buy say 3 and get a total of $60 in credits and then sell the games for full price or even at a discount of say $50 apiece. So for example

$55(game price bought at)-$50(resell unopened to say a friend)=(-5)net cash+$20 credit==(+)$15credit(free money)

So a little hustle for a nice little profit. Your friend gets a good deal and you get a little spending cash on amazon...build up money buy more games and so forth.

Not a bad idea if you work at gamestop or a place like that. A person walks up and says I want to buy portal2 from you for 60, you say hey I can sell it to you for 50 legit copy....ok so 15 people show up and all take the deal you would now have made $225credit for amazon

SOOO I think this is what the person really is asking about....Can I but multiple copies to pull this off?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2011 1:22:08 PM PDT
Matt says:
@Benton Baker,

No, I think he just wants a copy for his friend and himself. Not to mention it wouldn't be very helpful to him, because the only way he could get multiple credits is ordering on multiple accounts...and since the credit is non-transferable that would leave him with 15 accounts that each have $20 on them. Don't really know what you're going to buy with $20 (15 times) to make that worthwhile. Not to mention I'm sure Amazon would catch on if he was using the same credit card/house address for each order. MAYBE if he had 15 friends willing to let him use their credit cards and ship the items to his house, he could pull it off...but it still would be almost useless having all the credits on that many different accounts. That, and the fact that if Amazon does catch on, and cancels all the accounts before you can use your $20 credits, and you have already sold all the Portal 2's at a lower price ($50 as you say), then you would be out about $90 considering you choose Release Date Delivery, and there's no tax in your state.

Really seems like a lot of work and not really worth it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2011 1:29:50 PM PDT
Benton says:
you would think haha... i wouldn't waste my time doing it.

But you never know whats going on. I thought this was funny and you might too. I know and dont think this going on here but just saying

http://money.cnn.com/2011/04/13/technology/ecommerce_security_flaw/index.htm
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Portal 2 - Xbox 360 forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Apr 5, 2011
Latest post:  Apr 14, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Portal 2 - Xbox 360
Portal 2 - Xbox 360 by Valve (Xbox 360)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (582)