Ordered before the game went live but didn't get the Booster pack

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 10, 2012 4:12:02 PM PDT
K. Landau says:
I'm not able to do the customization in game that I should be able to with the booster pack even though I ordered and downloaded the game a couple hours before the official release date at midnight.

Anyone else have this issue?

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 3:46:00 AM PDT
Billy C. says:
I also have the same issue. I pre-ordered the game (even received the free Civ 5 code from Amazon via email). However, when I edit my players, I do not see any customizations regarding their suit's color or type... nor do I have the "Guile-like" hairdo from the original X-COM.

To be clear, I installed it by:
- Copying my unique Product Code from my Amazon "My Games and Software" Library
- Went to "Add Game to Steam Library" from within Steam (it was recognized as XCOM immediately)
- Downloaded XCOM via Steam and installed like normal
- Started playing

Any help would be appreciated. I need my Guile hair and I'm partial to pink/purple combat suits. Ok, I'm really not. But I at least want the option in case I were!

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 6:53:08 AM PDT
RS says:
Same issue here, I do not seem to have the booster pack. I was wondering if I needed a code or something.

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 7:47:42 AM PDT
I did not get the Elite Soldier Pack with the activation with steam as well. The forums indicate the physical copies received an additional code to activate on steam to download the DLC. I assumed it was all part of the digital product keys we were sent for the non-physical copies. Who should we contact about the missing keys?

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 9:52:50 AM PDT
Geomancer says:
Odd, it worked for me. Perhaps contact either Steam or 2K support? Doubt Amazon can do anything.

I didn't get two codes, just the one. I entered it in at a little before 6 AM on Tuesday the 9th.

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 4:41:35 PM PDT
K. Landau says:
I feel like Amazon gave people non-pre order activation codes so Steam thought the game was a regular version when we unlocked it

need to hear from Amazon on this and get it corrected

Posted on Oct 14, 2012 11:43:55 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 15, 2012 12:01:36 AM PDT]

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 5:52:03 AM PDT
RS says:
I lied. I think that I did get it, I just didn't notice or know where to look at first. Apparently, all that it allows you to do is customize the color of their armor. When you are starting a mission, select customize and there are some armor options in there that we apparently would not have if we didn't get the pack. I think that is all it is.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2012 9:33:40 AM PDT
Geomancer says:
It's also the helmets, which is under the hair options. That includes the 'flat top' haircut from the OG.

Posted on Oct 16, 2012 8:04:50 PM PDT
K. Landau says:
Still waiting for Amazon to chime in on this.
When do we get what we paid for?

Posted on Oct 16, 2012 8:11:50 PM PDT
RS says:
What do you see when you try to customize a soldier? It's pretty subtle and should probably be included anyway, which is why I didn't even notice that I did have it. I got my code and entered it into Steam and downloaded it from there and did get it that way.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Oct 10, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
XCOM: Enemy Unknown [Online Game Code]
XCOM: Enemy Unknown [Online Game Code] by 2K
4.3 out of 5 stars   (517)