Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on April 27, 2012
This book is spectacular! It brings into views the things we least want to see of ourselves. But only to get us to the place God wants us to be. I will probably read this again in a couple of years.
on November 5, 2012
This book will take it's place among a few others that are on my revolving re-read list. It is practical and clear and challenges you to conform your life to the truth that we live from the inside out.
on November 18, 2012
Ordering your private world written by Gordon MacDonald speaks of the connection between a rich and powerful Christian life and an order in our life especially in our inner life. The book has 14 chapter and the chapters are divided into five sectors; Motivation, Use of time, Wisdom and knowledge, Spiritual strength, Restoration. The book is written in a practical and easy to understand way and personally I found it very encouraging and very provocative in the same way encouraging you to start ordering your inner life and at the same time provoking you to do it.

In our busy world there are two types of busyness, one that is organized and productive and one that is doing more harm than good. Ordering your private world is an inside out process not an outside-in process, because the inner spiritual world must govern over the outside activity world.

When someone accumulate only things on the outside world and does not care about the inside than that can be a problem because it is hard to accumulate outside without a strong inside. We must see ourselves as living in two different worlds, an outside world and an inside one. The inner world is often neglected and we tend to take care more of our outside world because it is the one that is seen. Our way of life often puts us in impossibility to take care for our inner life because we are too busy with the outside life. Many times we think that we will lose time if we take care of our inner life, but the truth is that if we want to survive this busy world, that is becoming busier every day, we have to take care of our inner world.

It is important to cultivate our interior because then after problems and stress come we will have resources to overcome them and don’t have burnouts, breakdowns or blowups. In the world that we live in it seems that we pay attention to everything else except our inner world and the truth is that it is the only place from where we can have power to overcome all of lives problems and pressure. And the Bible is teaching us exactly that, one of the most significant verses that speak about it is Proverbs 4:23”Watch over your heart with all diligence, for from it flows the springs of life.” We have to guard our hearts, which is a deliberate action that one has to take; it does not come from itself. Everyone must have a quiet place where all is in order, a place from which come the energy to overcome life’s turbulences, and that place is our inner world or as the Bible calls it our heart. To be strong in this world we have to make the guarding of our heart the most important purpose of our life.
There is a big difference between the called one and the driven one and in choosing the 12 disciples Jesus is showing that, He refused the driven and invest a lot of his time and energy in the called.
on October 2, 2012
I love reading this book. Nice comparisons of how we should live our lives. I would definitely recommend to family and friends.
on February 18, 2014
Do not purchase gift cards from Amazon They will not let you use them on all their products. It is a scam.
on March 16, 2013
As a fully devoted Christian I surely expected much more references to the Bible and the strength we can get from it. As well, the book is less Christ-center than I hoped, therein it's weakness. Nonetheless, it bring several interesting concepts which worth the time to meditate, think, and reflect them. For me, its higher value is reminding the need to stop from busyness and take time to rest in The Lord. I think many churchgoers Christians are missing that rest in theirs pursuits to do more and more, as if the only way to go to Heaven!
on April 21, 2013
Thank you Gordon MacDonald for this very interesting, thought provoking book. I feel like you know me ! Going to download more Gordon MacDonald books on my Kindle.
on April 28, 2013
Gordon MacDonald makes several excellent points regarding the errors and dangers of modern culture. His final chapter is his best. Prepare for a long read: conciseness is not his forte.