5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS MACHINE!
Published on June 9, 2011 by rumpidito

1.0 out of 5 stars Oreck did not stand behind their product
Published 16 months ago by Omar Corbet

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS MACHINE!, June 9, 2011
This review is from: Oreck Orbiter Ultra Multi Purpose Floor Machine (Misc.)
I have white ceramic tile floors. In fact practically the whole house is tiled. Between my dog, my mom and my husband and I, everything gets tracked in on the floors. Also, any time there is water on the floor and we step in it, there is mud tracked all over. Not only that, the tile is about 15 years old. The corners get ground in dirt that can only be gotten up with one of those brillo pad type sponges. It is back breaking work to have to scrub all this tile. I rented one of these machines from Oreck and it is heavy and durable, very well made. Changing out the brushes and pads is simple. Let me tell you, the brush cleaned the grout and dirt was flying out. I used a bottle of Spic and Span mixed with water, sprayed an area and then used the machine. It is very quiet and so easy to manuver. I then used a Swiffer Wet Jet mop to clean up the remaining dirt as this machine does not lay down water or take it up either. The only thing I did not like was the cloth pad used to clean up afterwards. It just did not seem to do the job. Every other piece worked wonderfully. I will buy this machine for future cleaning. It is pricey but so wonderful

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have fabulous floor care machine, October 9, 2012
This review is from: Oreck Orbiter Ultra Multi Purpose Floor Machine (Misc.)
I couldn't wait for this machine to arrive. it out performed my expectations. I did my research, the reviews were very helpful and right on. I married into miles of dirty, unsealed grout and have spent many hours on my hands and knees. I purchased a steam cleaner, but it didn't get me off my knees. I called a cleaning company that uses a tile cleaning machine and when he wanted me to send pictures and square footage because coming out would cost him too much to give me an estimate, I looked again for a machine to clean tile. For a fraction of the cost of one cleaning by a cleaning company, I purchased the machine and all the cleaning products needed for the whole house tile, hardwood, carpeting.
I used the Machine this morning to clean a strip of grungy tile grout. It was so easy. I mixed the tile cleaner with hot water in a spray bottle sprayed the grout lines, let it set for three minutes, and turned the machine on. Grunge flew out of the grout lines. It was disgusting and amazing all at the same time. I let the edge of the orange brush follow the grout lines and the machine just followed along easily. The machine is heavy while carrying it, but it can be moved around the floor while running With two fingers. This is a Godsend for me.

Update: I've had this machine for a few months now and am more amazed than ever. We purchased a foreclosure houe that had things I cannot even describe on the carpets. First thought was to rip out and replace but the carpets where not worn in any way and looked fairly new. There was no deep down odor just a sticky strewn around mess as if molasses was thrown around the house. I was unsure how to proceed but took out the floor machine tried the carpet dry cleaning powder and most came out. As I Had nothing to loose, I mixed up som warm oxy clean solution, sprayed an area, waited a few minutes and took the machine back over it with the brush and then the bonnet and, voile, the carpet was clean. No regrets with purchasing this machine!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for Laminate Floors, July 14, 2012
JEANNINE SIMS (FORT WORTH, TX, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oreck Orbiter Ultra Multi Purpose Floor Machine (Misc.)
Just had laminate floors installed through out my house except for the bedrooms and have hated it ever since. Been fighting the cleaning for 6 months. Seemed as though no matter what cleaning liquid I used or what cleaning apparatus I used, believe me I have bought a lot, they all have failed and left me with streaky floors and a sore back. Even got down on my hands and knees to clean it with a micro fiber cloth, and went through all 5 rooms and 2 hallways...Still it streaked, and then I had sore knees after that.
Took my Oreck Vacuum in for its yearly check-up, and was introduced to the wonderful Orbiter.
It is actually the best thing that has happened to me and my laminate flooring. It is lightweight and easy to glide along the floors and the spinning pad with a very light spray of mist works great. Couldn't believe the difference in my floors after the first use. I would highly recommend it to everyone. It is truly unbelievable, and I can finish cleaning all the flooring in less than half the time it took me before, and no sore back!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, July 24, 2012
This review is from: Oreck Orbiter Ultra Multi Purpose Floor Machine (Misc.)
I had rented one of these before purchasing and was very satisfied with the results and decided to buy one to have around for full time use. Highly recommended for cleaning tile (which is 80% of my home) and avoid the back breaking need to be on hands and knees. You do need to get a few things to get this to work properly such as the right brushes and something to lightly spray a cleaning agent on the surface ahead of time - definitely you will spend a few more bucks after you buy the base unit. There are other machines out there around this price but the size of this one makes it a breeze to get into smaller rooms and tighter spaces.

In my case I did have a big snag with a happy ending though. 1st time I plugged it in it worked about 20 minutes then started smoking a thick white smoke and the built in breaker popped on it. I contacted Oreck and my only option was to take it into a service store since it was not bought direct from Oreck. The good thing here is that Amazon is a reseller for Oreck so the warranty on the item purchased through Amazon was honored at the store and they fixed the problem. Seems I was unlucky enough to get a unit with a faulty motor. The whole thing was swapped out and it works great now. From comments by the store employees this seems to be an extremely rare occurrence (who knows?). It did put a bit of a damper on my cleaning though as I had about a 2 week window before I had a functional unit again. I would have preferred them taking the unit back and giving me a new one but the motor is really the bulk of this thing so it was essentially like getting a new unit except for the handle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Restored my travertine to like new and saved my back!, December 16, 2013
This review is from: Oreck Orbiter Ultra Multi Purpose Floor Machine (Misc.)
After 8 years of dealing with high-maintenance travertine floors, I have finally found a sustainable method of keeping our tile looking like new! We have paid upwards of $2/sq.ft. to have our tile professionally cleaned (about 400 sq. ft.) and this machine has allowed me to get nearly the same results for less than the cost of one of my service calls to the pros.

It used to take me a good 4-6 hours of back breaking scrubbing with a hard-bristled brush and a bucket and I still could never get the tiles cleaned like the pros. With the Oreck, I had the whole job done in just under 2 hours and without ever having to get down on my hands and knees (except for maybe to send a prayer of thanksgiving!). I used the blue bristle brush (after a thorough vacuuming) and their stone spray cleaner and just sprayed about a 10 sq.ft. section at a time and went over it back and forth for a good 30 seconds. Once I worked through about 4 of those sections, I would change out the brush to the scrubber pad and throw a microfiber cloth (that I bought in bulk somewhere else) and used that to go back over the area and wipe up the dirt and leave it nearly dry. I would continue that and just flip the cloth over the next time around. Just don't keep using the dirty side of the cloth or you may end up stop picking up the dirt and just spread it out. Once the job was done, I let it dry and then ran the vacuum over it again for good measure.

Travertine gets holes and small cracks over time so after it dried overnight, I used a filler to fill in all the holes and then sealed it with a sealer and a terry cloth pad and it now looks as good as it did from day 1. I nearly gave up on this floor but after getting this Oreck I can truly say that it has saved our tile, saved us money (from hiring the job out) and it has saved my back.

1.0 out of 5 stars Oreck did not stand behind their product, October 22, 2013
This review is from: Oreck Orbiter Ultra Multi Purpose Floor Machine (Misc.)
Advertised as heavy duty motor, the shipping and handling was great. I was impressed the first use, then the motor smoked and stops after a couple of uses. Called oreck and they sent us to their local vendor who install a new motor and wanted to charge us $185 !! Oreck have few things missing in handling their warranties and should have been clear or at least called and informed us on how much it's gong to be. The bottom line is buy this machine only if you are cleaning a small area from time to time and avoid going to their local stores.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best thing to happen to wood floors!, August 22, 2012
This review is from: Oreck Orbiter Ultra Multi Purpose Floor Machine (Misc.)
My brand new hardwood floors were becoming dull after a couple of years. The shine was starting to fade and I thought it was just the normal wear on the flooring. I was at my friend's house and I noticed how shiny his hardwood floors were. They were like glass! He told me he used the Orbiter and so I bought one. My hardwood floors look brand new again and I get compliments on them all the time! This machine is AWESOME! Remember to use the Oreck cleaner for hardwood floors. DO NOT use Mop n Glow, Swifters, or any of that junk. A floor technician told me they put a film on floors over time and are the worst for hardwoods.

5.0 out of 5 stars SPEECHLESS, September 27, 2013
This review is from: Oreck Orbiter Ultra Multi Purpose Floor Machine (Misc.)
I COULD PUKE! We keep a clean home, we even have a housekeeper twice a month who does the floors and what not, but my tile is absolutely incredible now that we have this machine. It takes a little bit of getting used to to get the grout clean but it's absolutely amazing. Five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Over the top, September 9, 2013
This review is from: Oreck Orbiter Ultra Multi Purpose Floor Machine (Misc.)
This has too be one of the best machines I have purchased for doing floors. It looks great and performs even better. I tried it out on an auditorium floor. Stripped the whole thing with this little machine. It did a beautiful job to say the least. I don't recommend doing jobs this size with a small machine but I have to say this little guy out performed two 17" high speed polishing machines. Oreck has always been the best and now I am sure of it. I will attach before and after pictures as soon as I can. Excellent buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful machine, November 22, 2012
This review is from: Oreck Orbiter Ultra Multi Purpose Floor Machine (Misc.)
My mother has this. We used it to clean her whole house in the last few days. When my husband used it his response was we need one. She has 2400 sq' and it has hard wood and white tile with light grout in all but two small bedrooms. Worked as described. Cleaned the wood, tile, and grout flawlessly. No it was not a five minute deal, but for a deep clean of this amount of space nothing is. You do have to remove brushes with two hands. Can't just pull on one side, both need to come off fairly evenly.

Oreck Orbiter Ultra Multi Purpose Floor Machine