5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Value
I bought two of these mops nearly two years ago, one for our household and one for my in-laws.
Not only do we still have the steam mops, but they continue to do great steam cleaning!!!
I have never had to replace any part for either of the mops, so they must be doing something right.
I truly enjoy this mop as it takes the backbreaking work out of steam...
Published on August 12, 2011 by Stephen P. Rudolph

1.0 out of 5 stars Steam-no
I bought a Steam-on before Christmas 2010. It worked great for about 6 weeks, when it lost a screw underneath where the steam comes out, causing the inside parts to become loose and shaky. Oreck was great and swapped it out for another. I've had the replacement for about 8 weeks and the handle broke and will not stay together, making it nearly impossible to mop...
Published on April 1, 2011 by J. Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Value, August 12, 2011
This review is from: Oreck Steam-On Steam Mop (Kitchen)
I truly enjoy this mop as it takes the backbreaking work out of steam cleaning my tile.
I would recommend it highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, January 7, 2012
This review is from: Oreck Steam-On Steam Mop (Kitchen)
Purchased this for my wife for Christmas (yes, great gift right?) after she was wanting a Shark Steam mop. She used this on our hardwood and Pergo floors without a problem, the floors look like new! She said it was easy to fill, ease and use and is glad we got it.... (I got her some good stuff for Christmas too, don't worry! ;) )

1.0 out of 5 stars Steam-no, April 1, 2011
J. Jones (Knoxville, TN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oreck Steam-On Steam Mop (Kitchen)

What's funny is my mom bought one at the same time. Her handle broke around the time I had the first one replaced, so she had her's replaced as well. A few days ago, the screw came out of the steamer as mine did. Apparently, these steam mops are very cheaply made and have a lifespan of 6-8 weeks. I plan to return mine to the Oreck store tomorrow for a refund.

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of money, December 12, 2012
This review is from: Oreck Steam-On Steam Mop (Kitchen)
I bought this at the sears outlet for $25 and if sears didn't always make returning things a hassle I would return it. Like someone else said, just buy a mop. It doesn't recycle the water or anything and basically just moves the dirt around like any mop does if you don't rinse it often. Maybe if you keep your floors super clean it would be okay but with our household of 6 it doesn't do anything but take up space.

3.0 out of 5 stars first steam mop, June 6, 2012
This review is from: Oreck Steam-On Steam Mop (Kitchen)
This came as our "free gift" when we purchased our vacuum. We never had a steam mop before and I thought this was great! I actually wished I had extra pads because they seemed to get dirty so quickly (before I finished mopping). I liked that I could just wash the pads in the machine. I only used the steam mop a couple times a month at most. I mostly used a Wet Jet (I didn't run out of pads as quickly).
We've had the steamer for about a year now, with minimal use.

Recently I noticed my pad was getting warn out in the middle. On closer inspection a screw had come off the bottom of the unit. My hubby found a replacement screw, it seems to be holding fine. Occasionally I'd notice the floor remaining real wet for a long time. Now the water leaks right through the unit, soaking the pads and the floor. It still heats and seems to clean though. On occasion, the handle would pull right out of the unit while mopping. Not too much of a problem because in goes back in just as easily. However, now with all these "minor" problems adding up, I'm not too happy with my Oreck Steam 50 any longer. I'm now in the market for a new unit. I have no clue where to begin as it seems all units are great with the same models also having "lemons".

2.0 out of 5 stars save your money, February 4, 2012
Daniel Ruiz (palmharbor,FL,usa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oreck Steam-On Steam Mop (Kitchen)
we bought one for our house (at the full price), and it worked great,the first time.after that it never steamed again!also the light on it never turned green, even after 30 min.!
plus the tank was so small i had to refill it 3 times!!
it's basicly a highly priced disposible mop,save your money, buy a real mop.

Oreck Steam-On Steam Mop