Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have tried a fleet of different vacuums over the years but this is my favorite so far. Even compared to my Dyson Animal this is better. The Oreck Touch Upright has a whole lot of suction both when sweeping regular and when using the power wand. It doesn't seem to lose its suction at all regardless of how full the collection bin is. I have swept the entire house several times and the collection bin has been crammed full but it's still running at full power. If you have a huge house then you might find the collection bin to be slightly on the small side but it's sufficient for our household. When it's time to empty the collection bin you just push the black release button and hold it over your trash can and pull the lever on the back of the collection bin. Most of it will empty into the trash can but you may have to occasionally reach in with your hand and pull out some of the contents. This has been the case with every bagless vacuum that I have ever used so it's nothing new to me. If you want to sweep bare floors then you can easily turn off the brush roller by the push of a button at the top of the handle. This vacuum has a four stage multi cyclonic filter system that provides lots of power and gives it a clean exhaust. The canister cup filter and the hepa filter are washable and that's a huge benefit because you don't have to purchase expensive replacement filters. These filters should last for many years with normal use. In my experience the washable filters are just as good as disposable filters. The hepa filter is very simple to remove and wash. Just pull off the cover on the back which is at the bottom and remove and wash the hepa filter. Let it are dry and then install it again.

Initial set up is a breeze just remove from the packaging, remove some labels and tape, pop the handle into place and tighten one screw and that's it.

This vacuum has a LED light on the front to give you a little extra light but it's not super bright. It's just bright enough to give you a small amount of light so you can see when sweeping under dark areas. The power switch and roller on / off switches are both on the top of the handle and they are illuminated by LED lights at as well and tell you whether or not it's on and whether or not the brush roller is activated.

It has a long flexible hose, easy access power wand and comes with an extension, small brush, upholstery brush and a bag to hold all of the attachments. It also has a carry handle which is pretty much typical but it makes it easy to carry up and down the stairs. It has a nice long power cord which is probably slightly longer than the average vacuum. It's doesn't have an automatic retractable power cord which would have been nice addition.

My only complaint about this vacuum is that it's a little back heavy. If you are using the power wand and pull on it a little too much then the vacuum will fall back easily. This isn't a deal breaker for me but something that I just have to get used to.
The lower part of this vacuum is the best part to me. It has large and very soft and smooth wheels that move easily over the floor and won't damage any type of flooring. The head of the vacuum reminds me of a tank. It's very flat and oval shaped and looks like the tracks on a tank. Most of my previous vacuum's will only fit a couple inches under the bed and dressers but because of its low profile this vacuum will fit about a foot underneath. This vacuum will also swivel which is new to me and this makes it so quick and easy to control. Once you get used to it you will wonder how you ever got by without it. These two options really make this vacuum amazing.

Overall I love this vacuum because it has the power of our Dyson Animal but it's lighter for sure. The maintenance costs are low because all the filters are washable. Most of all this vacuum is just so easy to operate and lets you get places that a lot of other vacuums just can't fit. It also seems like it's made just a well as other high quality vacuums like Dyson. I feel very comfortable giving this vacuum my recommendation and I am quite certain that most people will love it.
UPDATE 7/9/13:

We have been using the Oreck Touch vacuum for a few months now, and have had no problems with its power. No matter where they hide, ants, disgusting centipedes, bees, spiders and spiderwebs have no chance against it and its merciless, heavily filtered maw. Ours really cleans deeply, and in that is one of its major flaws. Several reviewers mention how the bagless canister packs with animal hair and that is my experience as well. It's pretty gross when it does that. Having gone from a bagged vacuum to this one, I hadn't changed my cheap habits of packing a vac bag full as possible. You absolutely cannot do this with the Touch. With the dog shedding like crazy you have to really keep on top of regularly emptying the canister to keep it from clogging up, which during this season is maybe after every 1-3 regular uses. If you get to the point of it being too full to not easily drop out then the emptying process becomes very annoying. Often the debris system is overwhelmed by the powerful vacuum system.

I go to the super light bagged Oreck XL for regular swipes (every couple days) cleaning because it has no problem with the dog hair. The Touch with all it's gadgets really comes in handy for when I'm "deep" cleaning, actually getting into corners, under beds, shelves, furniture, etc. It's great to have the super suction then. These times it's less of a hassle to empty the canister and I'm likely to have a large black plastic garbage bag very nearby. If I wasn't using the Touch, I'd be using a canister vac (or I just wouldn't do it that often)and that is far more cumbersome compared to the versatility of the Touch.

I think the twist handle is the most fantastic thing about it once you get used to it. It really makes your movement more efficient. It's really cool to get around a corner without having to move your feet. If I get a chance I will update the video, but for the time being the video represents a first impression. This revision represents my current opinion. I am changing my review to four stars from five because of the animal hair issue. I still very much like the Touch. For myself, its usefulness outweighs its limitations although I can absolutely understand how someone else would have far less patience with it.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

I am impressed with the very powerful Oreck Touch Bagless Vacuum. I have been an Oreck customer for many years and have been very happy with the rugged yet simple style of their machinery. My only concern was the cost and difficulty of finding replacement bags and belts. You can't just get them at any store, usually you have to go to an authorized dealer or get them online. With the Touch, this problem has been completely eliminated.

Oreck vacuums are used in hotels, restaurants and homes all over the country. The primary advantage to owning an Oreck is with its power and longevity. While they tend to be more expensive than many low end consumer grade vacuums, they are not too far above the higher end of the low priced, mostly plastic consumer units. The difference is worth the cost. Our current Oreck (an XL) has run flawlessly for over ten years showing little sign of wear. Over the years I have burned through two or three other, cheaper models in the same amount of time, spending far more than the Oreck originally cost.

I have also had experience with other bagless vacuums and have been generally unimpressed with their ability to do what they are supposed to do without fuss and mess or a general lack of power. The Touch is the first bagless vacuum I have used which has impressed me enough to consider abandoning vacuums with bags completely.

Check out the video. We included an unboxing, a complete description and some tests of the Touch.
1616 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
VINE VOICEon April 21, 2013
I own both the Oreck Touch and the Oreck Magnesium, so I thought I'd compare the two for this review.

Weight: Touch is far heavier than the Magnesium. I feel like I'm getting a work out when I use it. I live in a one floor condo, so bringing it up and down stairs isn't a concern. However, if I had stairs, I would not be able to lug the Touch up and down the stairs. On the other hand, I could easily carry the Magnesium up and down the stairs.

Build Quality: The body of the Touch is plastic and unlike the Magnesium, it is bagless. I like the build quality and the look of the Magnesium better than the Touch.

Bagless (Touch) vs. bagged (Magnesium): I actually find that I prefer the bagged feature of the Magnesium to the bagless of the Touch. The Magnesium's bags hold a lot of dirt. The bags don't allow any dust to escape since they seal well when used. They also last a long time. The dust canister on the Touch is much smaller than the bags of the Magnesium. Emptying the Touch's canister is a lot easier than other bagless vacuums I have used. You can make sure that the dirt empties at the bottom of your garbage can. However, there is still a lot of static when emptying the canister and this causes the dust to easily get on the area around the garbage can.

Suction Power: The Touch really outshines the Magnesium in terms of ability to pick up dog hair from a hard wood floor. I had no idea that my Magnesium was missing so much dog hair. The Touch gets so much more dog hair off the floor, it's fantastic.

Ability to reach under furniture: This is the area where the Magnesium outshines the Touch. With the Magnesium, I can vacuum underneath my entire king sized bed. The Touch can only reach about a foot underneath my bed.

Verdict: Both the Magnesium and Touch are great vacuum cleaners. In terms of brute force, I would go with the Touch. For my daily vacuuming needs, I'll stick with the Magnesium since it's so much lighter than the Touch and can fit underneath furniture with ease. When I'm looking to do power cleaning, I'll bring out the Touch. The Touch picks up so much more than the Magnesium. I highly recommend the Touch to anyone who is looking for a real powerhouse vacuum cleaner.
on March 26, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Yesterday I received the Oreck Touch vacuum cleaner in the mail. Before the Oreck Touch arrived I had 4 vacuum cleaners, each with its own purpose. Upon using the Oreck Touch, I plan to get rid of two of my four old vacuums.

To start with, it is easily assembled. Just snap the handle on and turn the screw. Done! Next, the machine has a swivel head. It is able to reach some places that other vacuums can't--like around corners and much further under sofas and chairs.

Thirdly, the filters are washable. This is such a nice feature because you will always have a clean machine to work with without all the expense of buying new filters. I did find the filters a little tricky to pop back into place, but with time I will get used to this.

Finally, the machine does a nice job picking up the dirt and human hair. It works well on stairs and furniture too. It comes with 3 attachments and an extension. You can store the tools on the machine, which I think is a nice feature, but it also comes with a bag if you choose to store them somewhere else. It also has a long cord, so that for average sized homes, you can vacuum the whole upstairs with it plugged into a central location. Furthermore, this machine is easy to push and it would be good for the elderly.

There are two things that I don't like about this machine, but are liveable. One is that the button to turn the machine on is right where I hold/push the machine. I bump it a lot and shut it off when I don't want it off, but with time I will get used to the button being there. Also, the light in the head is very dim and really not all that useable.

Overall, I would recommend this machine to all. It does the job and then some!
on December 29, 2013
Verified Purchase
Where do I start? First of all, the good: this vacuum has great suction; it's turning ability is very nice, along with it's light weight feel; it's easy to navigate, turn on and off and set upright to use the attachments or lean back to vacuum normally.

Now the bad.
1. It seems to get clogged with debris very easily. You can't tell until you notice reduced suction or it gets very loud or both. This happened repeatedly over the last couple weeks. The hose got clogged on multiple occasions, and when troubleshooting I also noticed lots of debris built up in the nether regions of the canister chambers. That led to a large loss of suction. It required a complete disassembly and sink cleaning.
2. It is very loud. The turbine gives a high pitched whine that is hard to ignore.
3. There isn't great storage for the attachments. When stored in dedicated location, they interfere with the tube.
4. It easily topples when using the tube and attachments.
5. It is messy to empty the debris canister. In best case scenarios, it's dusty and the outside of the canister gets a static coat of gross dust. Worst case, which I have had to do a couple of times in the month I have owned it, is you have to dig in the canister because the debris is caught it in. Worse than that is when you have to disassemble the whole thing. Either way, it's a very poor design.
6. Low debris capacity. It easily clogs if not emptied after each use. See issue 1.

As the title suggests, we have been really disappointed. Fortunately, amazon.com is accepting a return after the return date and so we are looking for a different vacuum. Save yourself the time and headache and find a different vacuum.

Ryan
on April 17, 2013
Verified Purchase
I bought the Oreck Touch without much thought to what I was buying, its a nice looking machine.
Overall, I'm not that happy with it?
The Oreck is very top heavy, you wouldn't want to use it for a long period. The first time I used it, it fell over two times while I was trying to get the cob webs on the ceiling, breaking one of the plastic clips that hold the cord in place, then the cord got jammed in the mechanism between the base and the handle, leaving the cord with visible damage and then the way the cord wraps back onto the handle is not so good, such a poor design, they really could have done a better job.
on October 9, 2013
First, let me just say that I never write reviews, but I feel like after spending $350 on this vacuum, I simply must share my experience. I purchased this vacuum in April. By September I had made 4 trips to the shop for repairs/problems. It has been sent back to the manufacturer twice for repair. One of the sales reps told me she thought I got a "lemon". The first time I got it back, I had to wear noise cancelling headphones to vacuum because it sounded like a jet airplane, and it smelled like it was burning. Finally, they gave me a new one. Now, in October, less than 6 months after the original purchase, I am having the same problems with the second one. It is temperamental, it has to be "babied". I have hardwood floors with large rugs, and I have to just sweep the exposed hardwood areas. The suction is weak. It worked great during the first 30 days, or I would have returned it and gotten my money back. Now I am stuck with a $350 bad decision. Regrettable purchase.
VINE VOICEon April 2, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I was super stoked to try this out as I hear so many great things about Oreck but at $400, it's out of my budget.

I have to say that I was impressed with this. The suction power on this is amazing! I have the Hoover Platinum, and it did a better job of sucking up dog hair hands down! We have 3 dogs and I am constantly vacuuming the house because I have a 3 month old. I was very amazed at how little of dog hair was left in the carpet. I thought my Hoover was awesome, but this made my Hoover look like garbage.

I am not a fan of the bagless at all. No matter how you make it, it still ends up with a puff of disgusting dirt and what not in the air. It's gross. I always end up cleaning after, while no it's not a big mess, it's still flying around in the air and landing on things near by.

I'm 5'0, this thing is to heavy for me to be hauling up and down our stairs. While yes, it'd be great to lose some of this pregnancy weight, I don't feel like throwing my back out over a vacuum.

I will be keeping this down stairs as this is where 2 of our dogs will be staying once our daughter starts crawling, I wish it was lighter as it's so great for the whole house.

If you have pets, I HIGHLY recommend this if you can stand that it's bagless.

UPDATED 5/9/13 4 to 3 stars!! *******

BEWARE if you have pets and decided to vacuum more than 1 room at a time. The hair gets stuck and you have to reach in and grab it, and not only that, I've been zapped numerous times! Like I've said a dozen times already, I hate bagless. It's disgusting. This is a losing situation for me. If I vac just 1 room and empty the container, the hair seems to come out fine, but then I have that awful residue of dust and dirt left behind numerous times. If I decide to vac the house until it's full, I end up having to get filthy from sticking my hand and arm in there to get all the stuck dog hair out and getting zapped. I would still recommend this vacuum only because of all 5 vacuums I had, this did a superior job of sucking up dog hair.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 2, 2013
Verified Purchase
I was initially thrilled with this vacuum. The amount of dirt it picked up was outstanding. However, I soon discovered that it clogs easily, so I am constantly checking the intake where it connects to the cannister. And even without clogging, this vacuum cannot finish one room without the motor turning off due to overheating. I have to wait a minimum of an hour before it cools down enough that I can use it again. I have already pitched the box it came in and have no way to return this. I also do not live near an Oreck center. This vacuum will be a dust collector in my closet if I don't throw it out first.
on September 4, 2013
Verified Purchase
I have owned my own house cleaning business for the past 20 years. In that 20 years I have owned a lot of different types of vacuums. You name it I've tried it. About 10 years ago I tried my first Oreck vacuum. It was a Oreck XL and I loved it. It was light weight which was nice for taking in and out of my car, up and down flights of stairs, it was narrow, good for going under beds, ect. and when that one broke I bought another. Over the years I have proudly owned 4. I have highly recommended them to friends, family and customers. In May I was in need of a new vacuum and again decided to go with the Oreck, but this time it went with the new Oreck touch upright Bagless and I hate it. It's heavy, its top heavy, the dirt doesn't come out of the canister so you have to reach up there to get it out, and it clogs all the time, to the point where it gets hot, smells and than shuts its self off. I am so disappointed. I wished I had returned it in the first month but wanted to give it a chance. Now it's humming so loud I need to take it in to be repaired and its not even payed off yet... What a let down!!

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations