5.0 out of 5 stars coil replacement
This part is an exact-fit for the OEM #394891 armature and performs exactly as the original. No instructions are included though, so I make the following suggestions.
1. Use a "scotchBrite" pad or other abrasive cleaner-pad to ensure there is no corrosion on the flywheel or mounts.(I spun the motor, minus plugs...do be careful.)
2. Install with the sparkwires...
Published on September 8, 2011 by mechtech

2.0 out of 5 stars No installation information
The product appears to be well-built but it is not a direct replacement; there is an extra wire on this compared to my original but no explanation of what it's for. Installing the new coil was not successful but who knows if that is because of a bad coil or if the extra wire should be used!!
Published on November 9, 2010 by Mel

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars coil replacement, September 8, 2011
This review is from: Oregon 33-345 Ignition Coil Replacement for Briggs & Stratton 394891, 392329, 394988 (Lawn & Patio)
2. Install with the sparkwires facing out, using a business card or 3"X5" index card as a gap-tool...between the coil and flywheel magnets. (Magnets will hold during tightening.)
3. The wire provided in the box, not needed as I used the factory-wire that goes to the keyswitch. (This wire enables shutdown of the engine, when grounded.)
Other parts included were a rivet/pin of what use I'm unsure of,...and a spare shear key that I felt was nice of them to include.
$19.98 + $6 S&H is a far better deal than $58 or more locally.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, June 13, 2011
My local parts house had this at $59.99 so I saved myself $40.00. It was a perfect replacement and fired right up. You will need to save the plug boots from your old one as this one is not supplied with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great when installed correctly, June 28, 2011
My husband purchased this to repair our lawn tractor. It arrived in a reasonable amount of time. The only complaint that I have was that it did not come with directions and it will only work when installed in one direction. He did not figure this out until he put everything back together before he tried to start the engine. It is advisable that you test it first before putting everything together since he thought it was a malfunctioning part at first and almost returned it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The right fix, January 27, 2011
Ordered a replacement ingnition coil for my lawn tractor's Briggs and Stratton engine. The correct part was received sooner than expected and it was the right fix. Lawn tractor starts up quickly and is working well to date.

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement Coil Worked Fine, January 9, 2007
J. Graver (Springfield, OH) - See all my reviews
Installing this coil was easy and the engine started without any problems. No long-term reliability to report; however, I can recommend this part.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magneto Coil Review, July 19, 2011
The Part was just what was advertised and just what I needed to solve the problem. The mower runs great now! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Cost Savings, May 8, 2014
CAA (White Bear Lake, MN United States) - See all my reviews
My local parts store wanted quite a bit more for this same part. With free 2 day delivery (prime) I actually received this faster than I would have ordering it locally. After watching a YouTube video on installation, we were able to repair a fairly old riding lawnmower ourselves and also avoided a costly repair bill. Very pleased!

5.0 out of 5 stars Part worked but had other problems, May 7, 2014
First off - This was a perfect replacement. I got the part number from the Briggs and Stratton main site and that was all good. Read more only if you care about some troubleshooting. When I tried to start my old Murray 14hp for the first time this season the engine turned over but wouldn't start. Spraying starting fluid into the carburetor didn't help. I took off one of the two spark plug wires and plugged it onto an old spark plug. I put a clamp on it and wired that to a bolt for a ground connection. I could see a very few sparks when I turned the engine over. I tried the other wire with the same results. I replaced this coil and still the engine wouldn't start. My test now showed constant sparks. When I tried the other wire I also got good sparks and suddenly the engine started with just one spark plug wired up. It turned out the plug I had just now disconnected was killing the circuit. A side note - If you get no sparks at all it could be the ignition switch kill wire that clips to this part. If you disconnect it and the engine starts that was the cause, but you'd better figure a way to reconnect to the kill wire or the engine won't shut off. I added an extra wire to this part first to jump with the kill wire if that happened.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, December 7, 2013
Paul B. (LINCOLN, AR, US) - See all my reviews
This magneto has performed flawlessly and is well constructed . It comes with the kill wire and bolts down nicely to my briggs 19 hp without any problems . There is only one complaint I have an that is now I don't have any escuse to tell my wife why I can't go out an mow the lawn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got my mower going!, October 20, 2013
This was an Oregon product not OEM but I looked at other reviews and decided to try it. Worked out GREAT!
Timely delivery and all the wiring needed to renew everything was included but I used the old ground wire and all is good!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›