5.0 out of 5 stars Repetition genius
The repetition and sense of looping/cyclical rhythm in this album is expertly crafted and recalls elements of Philip Glass and perhaps (very generously) Carl Stone. The sparse instrumentation furthers the atmosphere creating an overall "home-organ" sound. This album required at least a few listens before it stole my attention and fascination.
Published on January 5, 2012 by Ryan T Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars He's finally lost his mind.....
Published on October 1, 2011 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Repetition genius, January 5, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark and Looming, March 15, 2013
This review is from: Organ Music Not Vibraphone Like I'd Hoped (Audio CD)
I wasnt sure what to expect with this album. Sunset rubdown and wolf parade are two of my favorite bands and was looking forward to hearing Spencer Krug's next release. For me this CD is one of my favorites of his. The opening song "Return to the Violence of the Ocean Floor" is an epic synth based anthem with a very dark undertone to it. This album seems a bit more lonely than his past stuff and although some of the songs may appear to stretch out too long, i enjoyed ever second of it. Not sure what the deal is with the haters on this album, they need to go back to wanking it and listening to "Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain"

3.0 out of 5 stars He's finally lost his mind....., October 1, 2011
This review is from: Organ Music Not Vibraphone Like I'd Hoped (Audio CD)
I really, really hope this is just the result of his being snowed in (as Spencer reports in the liner notes) during a rough winter in Montreal. The announcement of Wolf Parade's indefinite hiatus, and even worse to my fragile psyche, no word from the Sunset Rubdown camp (that I've heard), has me worried. Spencer is the best indie-music (curse me for calling it that, but everyone will understand it at least) songwriter working the past several years, and he is NOT ALLOWED to stop creating the beautifully structured/fractured songs that we all love him for (it's certainly not his openness to the public, the public being ME, about what's next). A world without Sunset Rubdown (or another pop-rock variation thereof) is unacceptable, Spencer, so let's put together something more listenable and less ego-centric than this album, because I kind-of feel like you should give my money back on this one.

Organ Music Not Vibraphone Like I'd Hoped
Organ Music Not Vibraphone Like I'd Hoped by Moonface (Audio CD - 2011)
Rate and Discover Movies