Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

• Customer Reviews

on August 2, 2007
I tried this product after I found information on the internet. I was desperate to find a hair conditioner that would repair very badly damaged overprocessed (bleached) hair. I have tried many high priced products to fix this problem, I had nothing to loose. I slept in the Coconut Oil the first night, and shampooed the next morning. What a difference! After a few weeks, I now use it weekly to keep my hair feeling soft and natural. The damaged hair is growing out, but the oil is good for the new growth too. I use it daily on my skin as well, and am very impressed with the results. It has brought a youthful look to my skin. I was a sun worshipper before we were told, that much sun isn't good for your skin but the improvement is amazing. It has softened fine lines and plumped up 40 year old skin. I recommend this to all my friends. I have tried expensive skin and eye products as well, and find that I am allergic to most of them, this really works. It is molecularly possible to benefit your hair and skin, (as per a scientific site) to do some good to your anatomy. It won't leave you feeling greasy like mineral or olive oil does. This product was shipped fast, is a great bargain, and you can throw away all those expensive products and use this product as staple. I apply it under makeup, use it for delicate under eye moisturizer, hair conditioner, and it replaces lotions to soften all over. It doesn't smell like the beach, it smells like raw coconut. Easy to use. I'll be back when my supply runs out!!!
on December 19, 2013
ITEM REVIEWED: SPECTRUM BEAUTY VCO IN A JAR

VCO is suppose to be a VCO, there is no special VCO for body & hair which is different than the VCO that one consume directly or cook with VCO. All those terms are just marketing tools.

SPECTRUM (14g serving in %)
Linolenic Acid=.5
Lauric+Caprylic+Capric Acids=40~58/6~7/6~7
Omega 6 Linoleic Acid=.8~4.0
Omega 9 Oleic Acid=3~12
Temperature=unknown
Press=Cold when contacted but not identified on label
Refined or Unrefined=unrefined

Spectrum is an organic producer which sells refined as well as unrefined VCO in many different labellings, different containers, glass to plastic. Spectrum VCO for beauty lines are identified as Essentials but for cooking it is identified as Naturals. This Essential VCO is from copra nuts and expeller pressed.

I use VCO in the mix for my hair, shaving cream, soap, hand lotion, face lotion, body lotion, tooth paste as well as I make popcorn and consume it straight out of the jar for its nutrients. Years ago, I was able to get raw, hand pressed coconut oils from fresh coconuts from Mexico produced right here in US but due to popularity of VCOs, many producers have been creative in making money by misleading shoppers as well as many misleading reviews by shoppers certainly has hyped the business of VCO to another level. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is a lie since Extra Virgin applies only to olive oil and infact the VCO market has become so saturated that many producers are removing extra from their labeling and calling it virgin coconut oil, no more extra virgin. In Canada where the best VCOs are produced, it is illegal to even use the term, extra virgin for coconut oil but in US the laws are very relaxed. There is no Extra Virgin coconut oil, only virgin, there is no pure, no #1, no 100%, no premium liquid, or any of those terms used for coconut oils. There is no coconut oil especially produced for beauty product which is any different than for cooking or consumption either as a salad dressing or right out of the jar with a spoon. The higher the grade, the higher the nutrients, everything else are marketing tools to sell coconut oil for more money.

REFINED or UNREFINED: The decision to choose between refined vs. unrefined is dependent upon the intention or use of the oil. Unrefined coconut oil has a smoke point of 280 degrees Fahrenheit, whereas, refined coconut oil's smoke point is 365 degrees Fahrenheit making it great for high heat cooking or sautéing.

GRADE A: Unrefined, Fair Trade, Certified organic by the USDA, Canada Organic, BC Certified Organic, Ecocert, first pressed VCO and Kosher. Hand pressed and cold-pressed to produce raw oil from fresh coconuts in as little as two hours.
GRADE B: Unrefined, Fair Trade, Certified organic by the USDA, Kosher, cold-pressed from fresh coconuts. Unknown if first pressed, Not Ecocert, Not raw oil produced in couple hours or less like Grade A.
GRADE C: Unrefined, Certified organic by the USDA, Kosher, cold-pressed from fresh coconuts. Unknown if first pressed, Not Fair Trade, Not Ecocert, Not raw oil produced in couple hours or less like Grade A.
GRADE D: Refined, Certified organic by the USDA, Kosher, cold-pressing/expeller pressing. Unknown if first pressed, Not Fair Trade, Not Ecocert, Not from fresh coconuts but from copra, Not raw oil produced in couple hours or less like Grade A.
66 comments| 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2014
I have dry skin, brittle nails, and dry flyaway hair. I bought this product after researching it's many health benefits and uses. It's amazing. It comes as a solid and as soon as you touch it it melts into clear oil. So, I use a spoon to get out the amount I need so I don't taint the rest in the container. A little goes along way. The first day I got it around 2 in the afternoon. I had some eye problems (allergies, mild conjunctivitis, not sure what it was), so I put the oil under my eyes --to see what it would do to my wrinkles. For one, it appeared to reduce the severity of them right away. Then later that night I noticed my eyes weren't red and itchy and filmy anymore. This could be coincidence but I don't think so. I also put the oil on my callused feet before bed, put some socks on so I could walk around without oiling my floor, then took them off and went to bed. Did this just one time and my feet are still soft as a baby's butt. So many more positive things I could list but don't want to take up space here. Bottom line, This is a great product. I recommend it.
VINE VOICEon January 7, 2008
I've always had dry skin, but when we started spending time in Santa Fe, NM, with its LOW humidity, I learned what dry skin really was. None of the beauty products that promised to handle the alligator-like scale developing all over me did the job. After days of itching and flaking, I found myself in my daughter's kitchen one night, coating myself with olive oil! Even that didn't work.

But she had a jar of Spectrum Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil on the shelf. It worked! The unrefined coconut oil coats the skin as well as penetrating and soothing it. No more scales! No more itching!

I became a Spectrum Unrefined Coconut Oil addict. The key here is the Unrefined type. I've tried the refined version and it didn't work as well. And don't even ask about other brands of coconut oil.

I like Spectrum Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil so well that I continued using it back home in relatively humid California. After using it as my moisturizer for a year, the skin on my face is softer than it was when I tried a super pricey product that was supposed to make me look years younger. My masseuse, who also gives facials and cares for skin, said she's never seen anyone with softer skin than me. I gave her a jar.

So, there it is: The ultimate testimonial. Hope it works for you like it did for me.
on November 10, 2013
Spectrum coconut oil is a wonderful remedy for dry skin and hair. During my bath I exfoliate my skin with sugar, and then apply this product to make my skin feel soft all day. I am allergic to fragrances, but this coconut oil has a slight pleasant scent of coconuts, and does not give me an allergic reaction.
on March 29, 2014
I buy the spectrum unrefined coconut oil in a glass jar and I LOVE it. I am not sure if it is because this product is for 'body and hair' or in a plastic tub, but it is a totally different product. I do not like it. It smells different, feels different, and I like the 'regular' in the glass jar far better.
on August 6, 2008
I can't praise this product enough! I absolutely love it and use it everyday. My skin is never oily or greasy. The coconut oil absorbs right in especially after a shower. I have sensitive skin and I'm allergic to products with fragrance and dyes. This is all natural and really can be used head to toe. A 15 oz. jar has lasted over 4 months and it's still about a quarter full. It's reasonably priced too. Try this for yourself.
on May 20, 2013
I use this product on my whole family. It can be used in your hair, on your face, and on your babies bottoms! Also love that it is cloth diaper safe!
on August 5, 2012
Hey guys, do you have dried hair? Pretty harsh? Split ends? Or you just want to nourish your hair? or ALL THE ABOVE?? PLEASE BUY THIS PRODUCT. THE RESULT is more than EFFECTIVE. Leave the time for the product to penetrate in your hair during minimum 20 min...I highly recommend this product and guarantee your satisfaction. Now GO and buy it !!!!!!
on June 22, 2013
I love how my skin feels after rubbing this in. It tends to liquify in the jar in really hot weather but that has been OK.