This essential book is the first seed you’ll need to get your organic farm growing!
From organic certification to planning your crop, harvesting to selling your wares, this book is chock full of everything you need to know. It also covers raising animals—organically!
The number of organic cropland in the United States has quadrupled in the last twenty years, according to the U.S. Agriculture Department. This hot trend is good for Planet Earth and good for you.
Experienced organic farmer Peter Fossel offers hard-won, firsthand expert advice on:
· Vegetables, Crops, and Plants
· Livestock and Poultry
· Converting from Conventional Farming
· Organic Certification, Laws, and Rules
· Alternatives to Pesticides and Drugs
· Marketing Strategies for Your Wares
For every farmer who has ever wished to harvest chemical-free vegetables and livestock on their own acreage, this book will help you fulfill your dreams!