Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on March 2, 2014
I have been a member of Amazon for a lonnnng time, and have purchase hundreds of products. In that time I have yet to find a product that would make me actually write up a review, until this came along.

This stuff is awesome. I have not felt this energized in a long time. I dose myself with maca using the methods described at [...] . Which is 1 tbsp in my morning smoothie and 1 tbsp in my evening green juice. I use the maca on a one week on/week off basis.

This is the first time i can truly say i have felt the energizing effect of this root. The other versions I have tried do not come close. I am a coffee addict, and drink about 4-5 cups a day. Since I have started using this version of maca my coffee intake has dropped down to 1-2. The difference between the coffee and the maca, is that the latter gives me a cleaner and sustainable energy throughout the day.

I have seen some reviews about Maca in different places saying don't eat this raw or that this doesn't work. I guess raw works for me, so i am going to continue using it.

I have seen people spend boatloads of cash on crappy health food products that don't work. We take those gambles in hope that we improve our health and lifestyle. I suggest that you step up to the plate and for less than $20 take this gamble. Good luck to all who are trying to live a healthy lifestyle.
22 comments|110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 30, 2014
Hi All,

I got this product a month back and I am about to finish my first packet. I found this product as the best health supplement ever. I do lot of workout - kickboxing and have a good diet. I use to consume lot of GNC products...tried Soy protein, Whey protein, creatine etc and none of them suited me. Even though I have a good diet still I had bloating issue and stomach upsets, hot flashes while sleeping, felt irritated all day, had mood swings or depression feeling.....I did whatever i could to stop it...consumed more and different medicines to fix my issues...but none worked. Finally I came across Maca and its benefits and decided to give a try....and I am simply amazed with whatever I have read is all true.
My bloating issue got fixed and I feel to have more energy all day long. Before, coming back from gym , i felt tired but now I am still energetic and now I have good sleep every night. No more hot flashes. I dont feel irritated anymore, no more mood swing or depression feeling and I feel happy all the time.

How I consume : Reading people reviews I tried mixing maca powder with soup and food but I didnt liked the combination taste so I started consuming it water and I found it as the best combination.
As per recommendation from various websites,I started consuming one spoon a day and now increased to consuming 3 spoons a day. I mix one spoon with 16 oz of water in morning, after lunch and after workout.

This product has immense benefits and also I am saving lot of money as I dont have to buy expensive health supplements from GNC anymore.

I am now life long customer of this company and will surely order more in future from the same as they seemed to have good customer service too,
on November 14, 2013
Rawreform (which resells The Raw Food World products) provides high quality, pure products that are actually healthy. By this I mean products sourced form The Raw Food World. Many competing products come from highly polluted areas or are heavily processed, and are sold as healthy. I have bought directly from The Raw Food World for years, and my experience with their products has been very positive. I am pleased to see their offerings available to Prime members via RawReform.
on May 27, 2014
Yet, what I didn't expect are the materials included in the shipment from The Raw Food World. They had handwritten explanations of the products they sell, as well as the benefits of them. The packaging for the Maca Powder is strong and you really don't need a separate container for it. I appreciate the extra samples of other products and will return to this company.
on January 29, 2014
This is my first time adding maca to my diet. I read on the web about all its benefits, so I thought it was worth trying it out. I have used it now for 3 days. I put it into veggie and fruit smoothies, raw sauces for Japanese recipes.
There are folks who seem do dislike Maca's taste, but I must say, it actually smells good, like a natural, earthy root should. I think it also looks good... and by that, I mean it has a natural look and feel when one rubs it between fingers. I am very sensitive to energy in foods, and this beams good vibes to me. Can't say yet if I perceive any health benefits. I am usually very high energy already, and health-wise, I am totally good, except for a somewhat sluggish thyroid, which does not seem to bother me much, since I have no weight issues or other noticeable issues.
Regardless of whether all the claims around Maca are true or false, I think with its plethora of fatty acids, amino acids, vitamins C and B... and minerals (calcium, magnesium, iron...), lots of fiber, and 18 types of protein, it is worth eating every day!
on March 2, 2016
First time I ever tried this. Purchased for a boost in the bedroom. Works well. I take a teaspoon at a time, once in the morning in a protein smoothie, and frequently in the evening in a green smoothie. Gave a sample to a friend and he found his energy (which had been down) was boosted enough that he called me on a Sunday morning and asked me what the heck it was. I'm gonna have to order more, because he convinced me to give me half of my last order!

I would caution to try a half teaspoon the first time and make sure you tolerate it well in your stomach. I got ambitious once and took about 3 teaspoons in one shot, mixed with other herbs/supplements all at once on an empty stomach. I'm pretty sure it was the mixture of everything in high amounts all at once, and not this, but I found my stomach very unhappy until I very intensely emptied it. (Then was instantly better). So go slow.

Otherwise no problems, and I'll likely have this in my pantry as a staple for the rest of my life.

One more note about stomach tolerance, and that is this is RAW product, but it can be purchased in a gelatinized form, which I understand to be basically boiled and then dried. This converts the starches, and makes it easier on the stomach. I'm going to try the gelatinized form and see which I prefer when I finish the raw.

Also, this is supposed to be good for women as well, so read up and then buy some!
on September 3, 2015
Great!!!!
As advertised...
This one was the best one I bought from amazon!
More powerful....
The last one I bought from Health Works was good, but more mild compared to this, so if I put a number on this one, it would be a 10 and the other would be 8.5....
on April 4, 2014
This maca is just delightful! It smells and tastes so delicious and makes me feel so good! The best part of this product is the hand written letter by the couple that makes this product. That is the kind of thing I am looking for when buying anything! I was very very pleasnatly surprised I got such a nice letter espeically since I ordered this through Amazon. These people are amazing and I will definitely be ordering from them all the time now. Thank you!!!!
on August 6, 2015
This is my first time trying Maca powder. I liked it so much, I tried ordering a different brand which didn't taste quite the same or seem to be quite as effective. I think this brand is as good as it gets.

How do I know it works? I was using it to get more energy for workouts. I didn't do enough research because the next thing I know I'm laying in bed, exhausted and yet wide awake. After analyzing my diet I realized it was the Maca powder. Reading the reviews and a bit online, I have come to learn that you should not take Maca powder after 2 PM or you may be restless come bedtime. This is user error and there is absolutely nothing wrong with this Maca powder. I will be ordering more when my supply runs out.
on October 27, 2014
I should have done more research about RAW maca powder. Raw maca flour (harina de maca) is an inexpensive Peruvian cooking flour, not a designer supplement. Maca is a fiber-rich vegetable, being nearly 25% fiber (oligosaccahrides, cellulose, lignins) by weight. Maca is always cooked in Peru because of these fibers, and because it contains goitrogens (glucosinolate), which can cause stomach cramps, indigestion, and potential thyroid / hormonal issues. The hormonal issue really it affected me, almost immediately; I got insane hot flashes/sweats and broke out with horrible acne. After that happened, I started reading and learned that many people reported severe gastrointestinal issues from the raw form. Also, the goitrogens in raw maca have some anti-nutritive effects. All of this is neutralized by cooking - and for this reason in Peru maca has always been cooked. To reap the full benefits of maca, it should be part of the diet, and it should be cooked. Gelatinized maca does this beautifully, rendering a slightly concentrated, easily digestible supplement best suited for incorporation into the diet in therapeutically significant amounts.