Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sprouting Seeds Mung Bean 1 Pound - Todd's Seeds
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 22, 2009
What can I really say about seeds? They were shipping quickly and they grew

To sprout your own seeds follow these easy steps
1) Soak the seeds overnight in warm water
2) Place the seeds in a strainer
- place a saucer under the strainer
- place a 1 lbs weight on the seeds, this is very important for quick growth, I usually full up a bowl with water to use a s a weight
- place a towel over the strainer to keep out light
- place in a well ventilated place
3)Rinse the seeds 3 times a day, and let them drip dry
4) after 3-4 days the seeds will push up the weight and will be bean sprouts
5) when they begin to grow leaves they are done, and place in the refrigerator to halt growth.
- 1 ounce seeds, makes 1 lbs sprouts
on September 8, 2010
These mung bean seeds have superior uniformity in size, germination rate and vigor. They begin the germination process within hours of introducing water. They advance very quickly and are ready to harvest and use in just a few days. Long and plump, they are great to cook with or just eat raw. The airtight container with screw top adds more bang for the buck. Will buy again.
I'm a seasoned 'sprouter', and have acquired sprouting seeds from various companies. After having some dismal results with another vendor's seeds, I decided to find an alternative seed resource. I waited until after I had 2 successful sprout yields before posting review, to ensure accuracy. I am happy to say that my yield results are 90% vs 50% (from another popular seed co.) Definitely recommend! Gina 'The Veggie Goddess' Matthews....vegetarian/vegan author and blogger
on April 1, 2010
I had never seem mung sprouts like these.. They are awesome..
Very high quality i guess.. i will be keep ordering them..
on April 6, 2011
This is my third time ordering these mung beans seeds. I sprout them in the Victorio sprouter that I bought here. I have had no problems, and the sprouts are really good. Also, this is far less expensive than any other place I have found.
on November 1, 2015
Shame on me; I bought these over a year ago, along with the EZ Sprouter. <Frontier Natural Products Co-op 8505 Sproutamo Easy Sprout Sprouter - Kitchen Gadgets>
The seeds sat in an airtight container as I pondered over the EZ Sprouter. I am a visual learner with cataracts, so try as I might I could not make sense of the directions, finally giving up and forgetting them both for a long time. Then about two weeks ago it occurred to me to look for a video demonstrating this, and I found it on UTube!. So, I started what I thought to be a small batch - just a 1/4 C. of the seeds. In 3.5 days I had over 2 c. of sprouts - and within three days they were all gobbled up. My only complaint was that the sprouts were a bit thinner than I like, so I am now sprouting just 2 T. to see if they will get fat if they have more room in the sprouter. I LOVE BOTH of these items. I often crave sprouts, so for this CHRS I am planning to make a huge bowl full of homegrown sprouts with an assortment of chopped multi-colored sweet peppers and some chopped English cukes, maybe some chopped scallions - - then some red pepper hummus on the side, some mild and hot banana pepper rings and a bit of olive oil with some juice from the pepper rings and everyone can use them on their sandwiches or eat as a salad!
What fun! And what a GREAT shelf life!
on January 27, 2016
Ordered these for a project my students had to do. We grew them in different light conditions. Within a week they sprouted and grew very quickly. Since it was a science project we did not eat them, so cannot comment on taste. We just sprouted them in ziploc bags on wet paper towels. There was a very high consistency of seeds that sprouted. Overall they did what Mung bean seeds should do. They grew very easily, quickly.
on May 15, 2014
These are the best tasting mung bean sprouts I have ever eaten and I have tried many other brands. I have excellent results and no dud seeds. I have found my sprouting seed source for mung beans! I plan to try more varieties from Todd's Seeds !
on August 18, 2010
Mung beans are a very versatile little bean. I use them on salads, burgers, sandwiches and what ever else I can think of. But I love them best in eggrolls. I moved 150 miles north of my favorite Chinese diner. They made their eggrolls with mung beans and shrimp, where I live now the make the eggrolls with cabbage.. let me tell you the cabbage eggrolls do not compare with the great taste of the bean eggrolls! They are easy to sprout and so very, very tasty. Don't hesitate to give them a try, give your imagination free rein with these little beans, you wont be sorry!
on April 19, 2015
Great quality beans! I'm a sprouting fool since I got these great beans. I grow a batch once a week and nearly all my meals now include sprouts. If you research their benefits, heart health is at the top of the list. My heart health thanks you!!