* Sweet Orange is derived from an evergreen tree. It is smaller than the bitter orange tree, and less hardy with fewer or no spines. The fruit itself has a sweet pulp with no bitter membrane.
* Botanical Name: Citrus Sinensis
* Aromatic Aroma: Sweet Orange has a sweet, citrus aroma much like the orange peels it is derived from, only more intense and concentrated.
* Consistency: Thin
* Note: Middle
* Aroma Strength: Medium
* Extraction Method: Cold Pressed
* Plant Part: Fruit Peel
* Origin: USA
* Color: Yellowish orange to dark orange
* Common Uses: Properties for Organic Sweet Orange are as follows: antidepressant, antiseptic, antispasmodic, aphrodisiac, carminative, cordial, deodorant, digestive, stimulant (nervous) and tonic (cardiac, circulatory). It has also been applied to combat colds, constipation, dull skin, flatulence, gums, slow digestion, and stress.
* Blends Well With: Lavender, Bergamot, Lemon, Clary Sage, Myrrh, Sandalwood, Nutmeg, Cinnamon Leaf and Clove.
* History: There is some argument, but it is believed that sweet orange was brought to Europe by the Arabs in the First century along with the bitter orange.
* Cautions: Some aromatherapists have reported that a small percentage of few people have experienced dermatitis from the limonene content of sweet orange. Orange Essential Oil is considered photo-toxic and exposure to sunlight should be avoided. Do not use if pregnant.