5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product! Way overpriced here!
Published on March 16, 2011 by H. Miller-Ford

The manufacturer commented on the review below
2.0 out of 5 stars CHANGED ingredients
Published 21 months ago by Spinka

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product! Way overpriced here!, March 16, 2011
H. Miller-Ford (Morgantown, West Virginia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Happy Tot Organic Toddler Food, Sweet Potato Apple Carrot & Cinnamon, 4.22 Ounce (Pack of 16) (Grocery)
My daughter LOVES this baby food! She actually reaches out to grab the pouch if I am not feeding it to her fast enough. I wanted to see if I could buy it in bulk. I was shocked at the prices Amazon was selling it for! I went to Target and found them anywhere from $.89-1.49 a pouch. Way cheaper! Sure hope Amazon realizes this and does something about it. This is an amazing baby food. They have a wonderful variety of products and I intend to keep feeding them to my daughter. Love that they're organic, easy to take with you, have fiber (which babies often need when they start solids), and the flavors are delicious (my other two older children and myself tried them).

4.0 out of 5 stars kids love it, August 23, 2011
so my 1.5 year old eats this as a snack and my 3.5 year old daughter always sneaks in a few "sips". i long since stopped using a spoon to feed him out of these packs which is the MOST CONVENIENT thing! my kids just hold it and suck on the tip like a straw. whenever we go on a slew of errands i throw one into the diaper bag (nothing else needed) and feel better about giving him this as opposed to some kind of "empty calorie" cracker with GMOs. HOWEVER, with this product and the other happybaby flavor i purchase (spinach, mango, pears) i don't like how it appears on the front that the veggies are a predominant ingredient. the ingredient list on the back (and the color of the food itself) tells you that there isn't as much vegetable in there as there is pear. for something with green beans AND peas, you would think the color would be closer to a light green rather than just pear. but in the end, if he's getting organic pear with a side of organic veggies and a dose of omega 3s, it's better than goldfish crackers any day!

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy, Delicious, Convenient!, October 17, 2011
X. Avalos (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
So my 3 year old son gulps these down like there's no tomorrow! He loves them. I LOVE them because he's getting spinach a long with a ton of other nutrition. I tried getting him to try some of the other brands' pouches but he didn't go for it. Plus Happy Tot is the only one that contains protein, through a grain called Salba. I googled it to find out more about it...holy moly! Check out the nutrition facts on Salba![...]
So I never even tried looking for an alternative after that. Plus I found other amazing uses for it like using it instead of jelly on sandwiches, adding it to cupcakes etc. and...are you ready for this? Happybaby partners with an organization called Project Peanut Butter where they feed a child in Malawi, Africa anytime you buy one of their products. Sweet! LOve this stuff!

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, can get cheaper at Target - CHECK FOR RECALLED POUCHES!, December 14, 2010
We love Happy Tots food. My 12 month old has tried many varieties and loves them all. He has not had one sour face yet! I'm surprised at the price here, you can get this item at Target for $1.09 per pouch which is much less expensive. I guess buying it online is helpful for people who don't have access to a Target or Health food store, and in that case, is worth the price.

*** as a special precaution ***

A baby food recall just issued by the FDA (Jan. 2010) may have some of the most stomach-churning details I've read in awhile:

"Swollen or leaking pouches may indicate problems with the product, including possible contamination by bacteria that can cause illness, or that the packaging has been compromised and is at risk of bacterial contamination."

The recalled food is made by Happy Baby, and it's a mix of the baby and toddler lines that parents should be throwing out. The recall covers:

* HAPPYTOT Green bean, pear & peas, NET WT. 4.22 OZ. (120g), UPC 8 52697 00127 9;
* HAPPYTOT Sweet potato, carrot, apple & cinnamon, NET WT. 4.22 OZ. (120g), UPC 8 52697 00128 6;
* HAPPYTOT Spinach, mango & pear, NET WT. 4.22 OZ. (120g), UPC 8 52697 00129 3;
* HAPPYTOT Butternut squash & apple, NET WT. 4.22 OZ. (120g), UPC 8 52697 00130 9;
* HAPPYTOT Banana, peach, coconut & prunes, NET WT. 4.22 OZ. (120g), UPC 8 52697 00131 6;
* HAPPYTOT Banana, peach & mango, NET WT. 4.22 OZ. (120g), UPC 8 52697 00132 3
* HAPPYBABY Mango, NET WT. 3.5 OZ. (99g), UPC 8 52697 00134 7
* HAPPYBABY Spinach Mango Pear, NET WT. 3.5 OZ. (99g), UPC 8 52697 00139 2
* HAPPYBABY Apricot Sweet Potato, NET WT. 3.5 OZ. (99g), UPC 8 52697 00136 1

The foods are sold in plastic pouches with plastic caps, and none are set to expire until late this year or even next year, so check through the stuff way back on your shelf. No illnesses have been reported so far, and Happy Baby's CEO Shazi Isram said in a company statement that this is a voluntary precautionary recall.

If your pouches are leaking or swollen, the FDA advises you keep them away not just from baby but from your pets as well and wash your hands if you've handled the packages.

Happy Baby directs parents to return them to the store for a full refund or contact them at 718-852-7606 or info@happybabyfood.com

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Dec 19, 2012 8:57:39 AM PST
Hi there,

Thank you so much for posting your review, we're so happy to hear that your family is a Happy Family!

To update the recall information on this review for all customers (as of December 2012):
There was a voluntary recall on some of our pouched products back in January of 2010, due to issues with the pouch packaging. These issues have since been addressed and resolved, and there is no current recall in place on any of our products.

The UPC codes on our products do not change, however, we are able to identify our different production runs by the expiration date and lot code stamp. None of our products that are currently available on the market are affected by this recall.

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to email us at parents@happyfamilybrands.com. Apologies again for any concern this information may have caused you, but you can rest assured that our products meet the highest food safety standards and there is no current recall in place.

All the best,
Natalya W
Customer Communications Associate
Happy Family Brands
natalya@happyfamilybrands.com

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., March 19, 2011
tl_c (Chapel Hill, NC) - See all my reviews
You mean you didn't know about HappyTot Organic Superfoods for Tots? Well, I can see how that's possible since it has taken *forever* for this company to keep these pouches in stock anywhere! We ALWAYS have these "fruit squeezies" (as our two-year old calls them) on hand in our pantry and in the diaper bag for a quick, wholesome snack. They're portable and easy. We just pop off the cap and he eats straight out of the pouch. I also love that they've added the supergrain so that the kiddo gets a dose of omega-3s. If you compare the nutritional information on the back of the product with other organic fruit-pouch brands, you'll see that HappyTot pouches and the other HappyBaby brand pouches actually have nutritional value in them. Some of the others (I'm looking at you, Revolution Mashups) hardly have any nutritional value at all--not even vitamin C in some flavors. I gotta say that my son loves all of the HappyTot fruit-veggie combos, though my palate not so much. Doesn't matter; as long as he likes them and he's getting something more nutritious than the plethora of junk food on grocery store shelves, I'm a HappyMom!

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
2.0 out of 5 stars CHANGED ingredients, May 28, 2013
Spinka (Austin, TX) - See all my reviews
I used to love this product for my son (3 years). I won't repeat the positive reviews here. EXCEPT, while I had a subscription for these pouches, the ingredients changed WITHOUT ANY NOTICE and what used to be 4g of protein from chia seeds is now ZERO from the switch to salba or whatever. That alters how I include this in my son's diet (and the nutritional bang for your buck, obviously). So if you used to be a fan, you may want to reconsider. I'm canceling my subscription.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Jul 2, 2013 10:11:50 AM PDT
Hi there,

Thank you so much for posting. Our sincere apologies for the discrepancies on our Nutrition Facts panels. For more information on this product, please see our website (http://happyfamilybrands.com/products/spinach-mango-pear/). Please do not hesitate to contact us at parents@happyfamilybrands.com if you have any additional questions.

All the best,
Natalya
natalya@happyfamilybrands.com
Customer Communications Associate

5.0 out of 5 stars My 9 month old love this stuff, May 31, 2011
I'm a new convert to pre-packaged baby food. I typically make all my son's food but even with glass jars with lids its a little messy to tote my homemade stuff when we are out and about. I saw these at Target one day and decided to try them. I LOVE this stuff now :) I love the fact that it's all natural and the packaging is free of any of the gooky stuff I don't want to put in my kid. When we are out, I don't even take a spoon. My son just sucks it straight out of the package. He is breast fed and occasionally bottle fed and he had no trouble figuring out how to suck these out of the package right away.

The flavors I've seen are all mostly fruits with some veggies snuck in. This one tastes mostly like apples (yes, I did taste it :) I taste all my son's food). I would like to see some more flavors that also taste of veggies so they don't get too stuck on the sweet stuff.

I also like the fact that if he doesn't finish all of this in one sitting, I can put the cap back on and save it for later. One negative is that on some of the packages I found that the first little bit that comes out is a little nasty looking. The rest of the package looks good and my son has not had a negative reaction. I usually just squeeze that bit out first and let him eat it from there.

The price here on amazon is the best I've seen. With subscribe and save I'm averaging $1 or less per package compared to in stores where they average about $1.50 per package.

I would recommend this to anyone, whether you make your own food for your baby or consistently purchase baby food. It's a winner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good ingredients and taste, January 3, 2010
Our daughter is 9 months old and loves this food. She can sometimes eat a whole container at one sitting!

In addition to it being organic and having interesting flavor combinations (without getting too bold with the spices, which can turn our daughter off), I like that the food contains salba seed. According to my research, salba is fibrous and absorbs water, so it helps with digestion. If your child tends toward constipation, as ours sometimes does, this can really help move things along without being harsh. I also like the combinations of fruit and veg used in these pouches, which keeps the food from being overly sweet yet makes some of the trickier vegs more appealing.

We have tried four different kinds of the Happy Tot pouches and all of them, even the one with peas in it, have passed the test. She actually gets excited when she sees one of us coming with a pouch in our hands!

I make it a point to taste everything that I am feeding to our daughter. I think these foods taste good and have no reservations about giving them to her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, January 31, 2012
I am amazed..I just bought a case to use as a preschool snack and I took one out to try and my three year old sucked one down in less then 30 seconds. I was shocked! I am goito try the other flavors. It has never been this easy to get a veggie in my little picky eater!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tasting veggies, December 9, 2010
Adding pear for natural sweetness makes the two green veggies go down so much easier. Really yummy.
Happybaby Happy Tots - Green Beans Pears and Peas Organic Baby Super Food for Kids - 4.22 Oz pouch