5.0 out of 5 stars DON'T jump to conclusions about the ingredients!
I love these for so many reasons-- the top ones being they're easy for my son to pick up, and they taste GREAT (yes, my husband and I sneak a few every once in a while), and their sugar content is FANTASTICALLY low.

Published 10 months ago by Lizzie

The manufacturer commented on the review below
3.0 out of 5 stars Taste great, but second ingredient is SUGAR!
Published on March 12, 2011 by Shanda R. Kramer

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
3.0 out of 5 stars Taste great, but second ingredient is SUGAR!, March 12, 2011
This review is from: Happy Yogis Organic Yogurt Snacks for Babies and Toddlers, Mixed Berry, 1-Ounce Pouches (Pack of 8) (Grocery)
These are very good tasting and when I gave a few to my baby he loved them! But after looking at the back and seeing that the second ingredient is sugar I decided this probably isn't the kind of thing I want my baby to get used to. I don't want him to get used to sugary snack foods at such a young age, I'm sure there will be enough of that when he's older. I wish Happy Baby would come up with a yogurt snack with no or very little sugar, I would buy it than.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Jul 3, 2013 12:51:26 PM PDT
Hi there,

Thanks for posting. Our Happy Yogis contain sugar because of its key functionality in the formula: sugar helps to reduce the freezing point of the liquid yogurt blend which aids in the freeze drying process to give a nice, melt-able product. Even though sugar is the second ingredient in the Yogis, it is much less than the yogurt content. (If you are looking for a product that only uses fruits and vegetables for sweetness, we recommend our Happy Creamies).

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at parents@happyfamilybrands.com.

All the best,
Natalya
Customer Communications Associate
Happy Family Brands
natalya@happyfamilybrands.com

5.0 out of 5 stars DON'T jump to conclusions about the ingredients!, November 12, 2013

I find it very disturbing that the highest-rated critical review slams these for having sugar as the second ingredient (right after milk). Yes, it is the second ingredient listed, but this is a GOOD thing! Here's why:

I don't like feeding my son extra sugar, but I love these because of how LITTLE sugar they actually contain. The package indicates that there are 4 servings to a bag (though it takes us about a week to finish one), and that there are ONLY 4g of sugar per serving. That means that a baby would have to eat a WHOLE BAG to get as much sugar as is naturally found in an apple or a banana, or basically any single pouch of pureed baby fruit (check out the nutritional facts!). If you want to compare these to yogurt, one serving of happy yogis has HALF the sugar that an adult-size portion of plain nonfat greek yogurt has, and and ONE THIRD the amount of sugar that stonyfield organic's yobaby yogurt contains! That's a HUGE difference. So the fact that there is so little sugar in this and yet it's the SECOND ingredient listed is a pretty good indicator of just how much of these yogis are good plain milk. And that's awesome in my book.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars One bag is just EMPTY!!, November 4, 2012
Length:: 0:23 Mins

I got this pack of 8 for a cheaper unit price. But be careful, since some of them might be EMPTY! All you get is AIR!! So disappointed!

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Jun 27, 2013 3:01:42 PM PDT
Hi there,

Thanks so much for posting, and our sincere apologies for the delayed response. If you do experience this issue again, which we sure hope you don't, please email us at parents@happyfamilybrands.com so we can make it up to you!

All the best,
Natalya
natalya@happyfamilybrands.com
Customer Communications Associate

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious first baby finger food !, October 11, 2010
These are the first snacks and finger foods I ever gave to my daughter. I was so scared of her choking on anything that I thought I would wait till she's 1 or longer... and then I came across HappyMelts Yogurt Melts and I totally felt in love with them. They melt in her mouth quickly and they are delicious. I've tried all 3 of them: Mixed Berry, Strawberry and Banana and I have to tell you they are all different.
Mixed Berry - purple, very flat oval shaped, very easy and quick melts, very sweet
Strawberry - pink, very hard acorn shaped (like little Hershey kisses), chunkier and melts not as quick, not as sweet
Banana- yellow, softer acorn shaped (like little Hershey kisses), chunky but they melt quickly
I thought there was something wrong with all strawberry ones, as they seem to be really hard, but I guess that's the way they are. Mixed Berry is my baby's favorite and I love them too :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Where did all the calcium go???, June 20, 2014
RB (Pittsburgh, PA) - See all my reviews
My 1 year old loves these, as well as the Happy Creamies. I was excited to get these Yogis because as the image of the nutritional value states, these are supposed to have 20% of the daily value of calcium for a 1-4 year old. For a baby who is transitioning to regular milk and maybe not getting enough calcium, this would have been a great way to add a serving of calcium with a snack. BUT, I received the packs and was dismayed to find that the nutrition has changed and it only has 4% now! That's a huge difference! The ingredients look to be the same so I have no idea where that extra 16% went! My baby still loves them but now they're not a snack packed with calcium as I was hoping they would be. They're just a yummy tasting snack with a bare minimum if nutrition. The Happy Creamies have more vitamins in them so I will probably just buy those instead as a snack. I plan to send an email to the company to see what happened since the change is so drastic.

I emailed the company to see what the deal was with the calcium content of these snacks. Their reply:

We recently updated our packaging and recalculated our Nutrition Facts panels using a new calculation system. This system better takes into account the bioavailability of nutrients after foods have been processed.

Interesting, are they saying that these Yogis always really had 4% calcium and they were just mislabeled before? Oh well. The company did send me some coupons for free products, which was nice.

1.0 out of 5 stars 16 grams of sugar per pouch, May 25, 2014
Catherine (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
The adult maximum per day is supposed to be 25 grams, so you can see that this is neither happy nor yogic. This is really not a nice thing to give a baby.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy snack!, May 31, 2010
My 8 month old loves these yogurt melts. They are super easy to dissolve and taste amazing. The fact that they are organic and support Project Peanut Butter in Africa is a plus.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, January 10, 2014
I order this product for my baby girl and she loves it as a snack during the day. My only complaint is that the bags are not even half full so you pay for a lot of packaging with a small amount of the actual yogis in side.

3.0 out of 5 stars Toddler loves them, but they are gone too soon for the cost, September 26, 2012
My son loves these things, but they go too fast. He pretty much eats half a bag at a time - and that ends up being quite expensive. I stopped buying them because of this. However, I would definitely consider getting them again for a roadtrip because they are dry, portable, and not messy even if dropped on the floor or seat. But for snacks at home, they are not worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect toddler treat!, March 1, 2012
My son started eating these at 12 months. He's now 18 months and still loves them!! They're healthy and I feel good about giving them to him. I would say this is his favorite snack - always cheers him up!

Rate and Discover Movies