5.0 out of 5 stars Highly structured analysis of OD.
Published on April 15, 2005 by Khaled Ahmadain

3.0 out of 5 stars Just a text book...
Published on November 7, 2009 by D. Goree

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly structured analysis of OD., April 15, 2005
Khaled Ahmadain (Egypt, Cairo..MBA (NYIT), CHRM (Columbia Southern)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Organization Development and Change (Hardcover)
Cummings OD book is perfectly designed to approach and delve into the field of OD smoothly and profoundly. Its first three chapters provide an excellent introduction to OD and how it is differentiated from overlapping organizational dynamics, primarily change management and organizational change. I respected this text's strategic analysis of the OD interventions and the pragmatic models of their implementation. Although developing business organizations sounds theoritical in its conceptual or abstract sense, this text gives you reasonable and sensible tools that help convert the OD theory to a tangible reality.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just a text book..., November 7, 2009
Most of the work we've done so far has been class activities and group work so we really don't depend on the book that much. However, I have read some of the book and it has been extremely dry and "academic" in the way it approaches most of the issues. This book makes the whole subject so stiff and formal in many ways that it almost loses its usefulness. I'm very glad for a professor who likes to put it all into a practical light.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so good, October 2, 2013
This review is from: Organization Development and Change (Hardcover)
Some pages were missing, it looked like someone ripped them out. So it wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, April 12, 2013
This review is from: Organization Development and Change (Hardcover)
Arrived as promise. Good Quality. Interesting and useful, for working with organization. I got an A on the test. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars INFORMATIVE, August 11, 2012
This review is from: Organization Development and Change (Hardcover)
THIS BOOK WAS A REQUIREMENT FOR A MBA PROGRAM WITH A LEADERSHIP CONCENTRATION. I HAVE READ THROUGH THIS BOOK MANY TIMES FOR IDEAS IN MY CURRENT JOB. I RECOMMEND IT FOR CLASS AND PROFESSIONAL USES.

5.0 out of 5 stars Organization Development and Change Review, July 7, 2008
This review is from: Organization Development and Change (Hardcover)
I couldn't believe how quickly I received my book! I order these for class and sometimes I'm a little leary about placing an order because I had a bad experience once. Thank goodness that was not the case this time. Thank you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Review of Org Development & Change, October 3, 2005
This review is from: Organization Development and Change (Hardcover)
This is a graduate text book that is long-winded, overly-wordy self-serving brochure for why we should all become Organizational Development Practitioners. The authors spend the first three chapters justifying the existence of the profession as if they were insecure about their relevance in the corporate world. It prattles on about how OD professionals work in teams and how they should structure their own private contracts. It even whines that being an OD practitioner is stressful. Find me a professional job that isn't stressful.

Organization Development and Change
Organization Development and Change by Christopher G. Worley (Hardcover - March 2, 2004)
$320.95 $262.05