- File Size: 446 KB
- Print Length: 121 pages
- Publisher: Patrol Leader Press, Inc.; I edition (January 3, 2011)
- Publication Date: January 3, 2011
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B004HZXVTQ
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#860,666 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #302 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Teacher Resources > Education Theory > Decision Making & Problem Solving
- #557 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Teacher Resources > Education Theory > Leadership
- #1100 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Teacher Resources > Professional Development
Sun Tzu's Pattern of Power, The Art of War Organized for Decision Making (Required for Strategy and Competitiveness coursework) Kindle Edition
|Length: 121 pages|
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
Since his successful military career I also noted that Brace had developed a distinctive business career which was proof enough for me that his methods and applications were developed in not one, but two fields requiring high level strategy/planning and execution. In business the 'war without weapons' requires planning and decision making processes that are vitally necessary for your critical start-up phase and then for the sustainability of overall success.
I guess the thing that delighted me most after my purchase was my discovery of the planning and decision making tools Brace Barber puts into your hands while showing the reader how to conceptualize their use via the 'The Art of War' emblematic theme.
In conclusion, I have found Brace Barber's book to be highly useful providing new insights into how to conduct and commit to planning and the decision making process through deep understanding and visualization of the problem, the planning of the steps and their timely execution, and the end goal to be achieved. This can be a repeatable process for different goals and problem-solving or similar problems with different contexts.
I highly recommend readers of this review to purchase and use Brace E Barber's book 'Sun Tzu's Pattern of Power' (The Art of War) Organized for Decision Making - if you do, you'll never stopping thanking me for the recommendation
This book should be required reading for business executives and military leaders, but also for anyone who has a goal and wants to apply the time-tested wisdom of Sun Tzu to his efforts to plan for that goal and then execute the plan to reach it. CEOs should read it and then buy a copy for each member of their board of directors.
One of the most interesting aspects of the book is the way that the author draws parallels to the modern military decision-making process, which has evolved to a very high degree of functionality through the experiences of countless training and combat situations over the past several decades. Notably, it has evolved to a structure that harmonizes very well with the principles penned by Sun Tzu somewhere between 500 BC and 200 BC! _Sun Tzu's Pattern of Power_ describes these parallels. As well, the text contains the entire original of Sun Tzu's _Art of War_ translated into English.
Brace Barber has also written a successful series of books applying the lessons of Ranger School, the US Army's premiere leadership school, and has served as a CEO in a defense-related technology company. He brings a unique set of personal experiences to his examination of this ancient text, and has done readers a valuable service by sharing it with them.
As one who has worked in the aerospace business for over twenty years and entrepreneured for 10, I can see the applications in every possible business scenario. As Barber points out, using this process, you will be able to:
- See what others cannot see
- Handle massive amounts of information
- Make the complex understandable
- Be decisive
- Effectively engage the imagination
- Lead and communicate with a team
Any leaders who ignore this terrific work do so at their peril. Brace Barber understands that competition is a reality. It exists whether you recognize it or not. If you want to achieve "Supreme Excellence," order this book immediately. Used properly, this process cannot fail.
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Education & Teaching > Schools & Teaching > Certification & Development
- Books > Education & Teaching > Schools & Teaching > Education Theory
- Books > Self-Help > Personal Transformation
- Books > Self-Help > Success
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Teacher Resources > Education Theory > Decision Making & Problem Solving
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Teacher Resources > Education Theory > Leadership
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Teacher Resources > Professional Development
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help > Personal Transformation