Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th

on February 19, 2012
Being OCD, I consider myself the queen of organization, so I read quite a few of these books. Most I find too full of useless text which actually makes me not want to even get started. I like the way this book is organized by issues in addition to the separate areas of the home; getting children organized and creating chore charts takes you directly to the issue and resolution.

I was dismayed at the lack of detail in the chapter "The 12 Month Home Organizing Plan." I expected to find the details for organizing each room, but it turned out to be just a schedule. After reading the entire book, that was OK because all the details I was looking for are throughout the book... just don't stop at that one chapter!

The author asked for feedback since this is her 1st book. My suggestion would be to add sample chore charts and checklists - this would definitely get the reader to take action. Good job on your first book!
on February 22, 2012
This is a very well written book. What I like about it is "Get Organized" allows me to have a course of action to finally declutter my world. Wow, I'm a very messy guy and to tell you the truth I was overwhelmed because I feel I have more stuff than my place allows. It's either get organized or throw it all out. This book will give you lots of new organization tips you may not have considered before.
on July 25, 2012
I didn't get much out of this book, for a couple of reasons.

First of all, as others have mentioned, it's very repetitive, with many passages practically duplicated in different sections. Perhaps the reader is intended to only read one portion at a time, and not cover to cover all at once.

Secondly, a lot of the book is spent on the concerns of people with children, and I don't have any. There's nothing wrong with that--I can totally respect that it could be very helpful to those with large families, and that's great. But other singles or childless couples out there should know that this book is not targeted toward you. A great deal of time will be spent on advice about how to organize your children and their stuff and their schedules, as well as time devoted to getting your children involved with organization and compliant with rules of doing various organization chores. Between that and the repetition, there wasn't a lot of content that was relevant and useful to me.
on February 25, 2012
This is not the first book of this type I've read but it is the first that did not leave me feeling even more frustrated and depressed about my lack of organizational skills! I think I am lacking that gene:) I cannot wait to get started putting the tips in this book to use. In fact when I get done with this review I'm starting on my bedroom. When I've tried to organize in the past I have failed at taking small steps (trying to organize the whole house before lunch lol ) but this book breaks it down into steps even I can manage!
on February 25, 2012
This book outlines a plan of attack for general housekeeping and would be suitable for someone who wants to put a plan in place but doesn't know where to start. The author offers a guide to focusing on one room per month, and gives tips for tackling the projects. The strategies are fairly basic, such as using a basket or tub to collect misplaced items from a room and then redistributing them where they belong. The book focuses on quick cleanup and does not get into small details. For the person with a lot of clutter, the tips will need to be broken down area by area rather than room by room. The book is not directed toward issues of why people collect unneeded items or how to let go of them, but offers a guide for basic home organization.
on January 1, 2013
I had hoped that this would have month by month suggestions for really getting my house under control, but the information is either vague or absolutely basic. I am a single mom, and while we are not pristine, neither do my kids and I live in squalor. I'm a fairly well-organized person, but things slowly get sloppy, til we have to do a blitz cleaning. I've read many books on organizing and keeping things organized and this is not even as helpful as most. Unless you are completely, disasterously incompetent, this book will not give you any new information, and if you are the kind of person the author seems to be, you probably don't need it. I found nothing at all helpful here. I would have returned it if I'd known in time that you could return a kindle book.
on April 22, 2012
This is such a helpful book. It sure helped me get moving on my organizing of my house. Very helpful hints on where to get started on each room.
on May 5, 2012
I like that this book has been broken down into manageable tasks - giving the reader time to work on areas that need change and not be forced to try and sort out everything overnight.
Although some of the tips may seem obvious, it just takes the time suggested to follow through with the activity. The author tells us in this book that she herself wants to share from her own experience. By sharing something that the writer has gained from personal experience to me, means a lot to me.
I am keen to try out some of the ideas suggested in this book and hope to see a difference in my life.
And as a motivation to readers the writer offers a gift to those who make it all the way to the end!!
on February 20, 2012
Great strategies for getting and staying organized! It seems I constantly battle the clutter monster - and mainly because we live in a 100+ year old house with little closet space. I love the solutions offered here and like the ideas of zones & assigning colors. Spring is nearly here & I've got a head start of clearing out the winter clutter!
on November 5, 2013
I had high hopes for this book when I saw the title. I had assumed that it would have a solid working timeline with plenty of new, useful and practical ideas for getting things around the home sorted out and organized. Unfortunately it didn't meet my expectations.

The first chapter is entitled "Your 12 Month Home Organizing Guide" which echoes the title of the book. It does mention a month-to-month schedule for attacking the problem, but not much more than that. Only a short paragraph or two is assigned to each room or area of the house and doesn't go into much more than the always cited "three piles" method of sorting, labeling objects, or buying additional storage items.

There simply isn't anything new and what is there is very simplistic. Do you really need to schedule an entire month just to declutter and organize the master bathroom, assuming your house has one? And if following the author's advice your fourth month of decluttering will be to assess what you've done so far and the eighth month will be to used to relax. Sure, if you say so.

Other chapters cover subject such as getting your family and children organized, clutter killers, organization tools, and so on. Most of the author's systems seem to be centered on sticky notes, corkboards, and poster-sized calendars.

Her storage solutions depend for the most part on special purpose or dual purpose furniture with storage areas such as ottomans or coffee tables, plastic bins, under bed storage boxes, and hanging storage options. Additional storage suggestions are held captive in the author's other book which she recommends you buy.

The author has included links to her website for the downloading of her cleaning checklists.

There are other more original and comprehensive books available on the subjects of decluttering and household organization. Not recommended.