Top positive review
22 people found this helpful
It is worth it!
on December 22, 2012
My review is not to advertise this product, but to help other people to make a right choice. I picked out this watch after I read other's reviews and I don't regret. Let me summarize my reasons:
1. Accuracy. It loses 5 sec/day. For an automatic is a very good accuracy. Seiko SNZG 15, a watch that I also like, is 15 sec/day slow. Accuracy range acceptable for this category is +/- 15sec. It doesn't have a "no hack" caliber but you can trick it. When you set the time, turn the crown, just a touch, counter clockwise, until the seconds hand stops. Wait until the reference device got with the seconds hand in the same position with your Orient stopped seconds hand. In that very moment, turn the crown clockwise and set the minutes and hours hands. This is just for accuracy maniacs!
2. Appearance. Although is a diving watch, it is elegant enough to wear it in different occasions, even like a suit accessory. Replacing the hours numbers with dots along with the metalic band, both polished and brushed contributes to this feeling.
3.Sport side. I didn't try, but the company ensures for 200m water resistance. It is quite amazing for diving lovers. Seiko SNZG15, I have mentioned before ensures for 100m. It has also a unidirectional bezel that allows setting a time referrence.
4. Night visibility. It has luminous hands, indices. I can tell you they are bright enough and the light last good hours.
5. Band. It comes with the full length in order to fit differrent hand size. This is the laborious part, because, frequently, you need to size the bracelet by removing some links. In my case, 7" wrist, I had to remove 2 links. You can do it by buying a tool kit from Amazon, what I recommend, or go to a jewler.
6. Delivery. It shipped right away and I got it in 3 days.
7. Finally. I got complete satisfaction with the ORIENT BLACK RAY watch.