|Price:||$101.35 & FREE Shipping. FREE Returns. Details|
- Round watch featuring logoed black dial with silver-tone markers and date window at 3 o'clock
- 41 mm stainless steel case with mineral dial window
- Japanese automatic movement with analog display
- Croc-embossed leather calfskin band with buckle closure
- Water resistant to 30 m (99 ft)
The new Orient Symphony dress watch features an Orient made 21-jewel automatic movement, a black dial with silver applied hour markers, matching silver hands, a solid screw-in case back, date window at 3:00, a mineral crystal, and a black leather strap. Great watch for wearing to the office or out for dinner. It is nice and thin and wears well on all wrist sizes. Comes with a 41mm x 12mm black PVD stainless steel case and features up to a 40 hour power reserve. Features Movement: Orient 21-jewel Automatic (self winding) Case: Black PVD stainless steel, 41mm x 12mm thick Back: Solid screw-in back Crystal: Hardened Mineral Band: Black leather strap, buckle closure, 20mm. Water Resistant: 50 meters Warranty: 1 Year
With its roots dating back to 1901, Orient Watch has specialized in the manufacture and growth of mechanical timepieces. Since 1950, Orient has been at the forefront of the production of mechanical watches in Japan. When it comes to watchmaking, Orient does not have an obscure history: Orient has been producing mechanical watches for more than 60 years. It is one of the top three watch manufacturers from Japan and produces 2 million watches per year. Frankly, it may be the biggest watch brand you’ve never heard of. All of Orient’s movements are exclusively made in Japan and no iteration in manufacturing is outsourced. The implicit value of possessing an Orient watch is that the only way to enjoy its tremendous quality is through ownership.
Orient prides itself on the premise that its timepieces are a “watchmaker’s watch”-- a no frills mechanical watch that is robust and trustworthy.
- Our online reputation suggests that an Orient watch is reliable out of the box. This can be attributed to Orient’s undying dedication to mechanical watches.
- In the eye of the Quartz Revolution in the 1970s, the other top Japanese brands went on to predominantly manufacture quartz, while Orient remained focused on its mechanical movements. And while Orient does produce quartz watches, all movements are supplied by its parent company.
- So what’s the difference between quartz and mechanical? Despite the obvious difference in moving parts, the short answer is seen in the smooth sweeping second hand of a mechanical watch versus the choppy tick of a quartz movement.
As an in-house movement producer, Orient joins a short list of watch companies that actually manufacture their movements in-house and exclusively for their own use. In the industry, it is highly uncommon that a company produces their own movements in-house, and by doing so Orient Watch can ensure that the quality of their wristwatches are held to the highest standards— Orient’s watches have often been lauded for their rich styling, dependability, and tremendous value.See all Product Description
- Product Dimensions: 4.6 x 3.6 x 2.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 9.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B00A6GFB6G
- Item model number: ER27001B
- Date first available at Amazon.com: November 12, 2012
- Domestic Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Orient|
|Dial window material type||Mineral|
|Case material||Stainless steel|
|Case diameter||41 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||12 millimeters|
|Band Material||leather calfskin|
|Band length||Men's Standard|
|Band width||22 millimeters|
|Bezel material||Stainless steel|
|Special features||Imported, Featuring black dial with silver-tone markers, 41mm stainless steel case with mineral dial window, Japanese automatic movement with analog display, Croc-embossed leather calfskin band with buckle|
|Water resistant depth||99 Feet|
Top Customer Reviews
After receiving the watch and wearing it for a few months I can honestly say that the Orient Men's ER27001B Classic Automatic watch meets my requirements in full.
An important note for anybody who is unfamiliar with the term "automatic": it means that the watch does not need batteries to work. Instead, the energy required for its operation comes from wrist's movements of the watch wearer. Consequently, the watch has to be worn almost on a daily basis (the manual states that after 8 hours of wearing the watch it will continue to operate for about 40 hours unworn). In case the watch has stopped working after a few days without being worn, it will just need a few gentle shakes and a quick calibration and it will be good to go again.
Lastly, the product's picture here is very good and if you like what you see - this is what you are going to get.
Amusingly, a friend has recently estimated the price of the watch as close to 1,000 Dollars, and I guess that's how good it looks.
After a year of wearing the watch I can report that am highly satisfied - It's a quality product that works great and looks as good as it looked a year ago.
For a few months the watch accuracy has started to decline, and now is running faster than real time at about 15-20 seconds per day, which isn't too bad since I'm never late.
The leather strap lasts for about a year, then needs to be replaced by a new one.
the reason for only 3-star is I got a long scratch on the fifth day wearing it... and there is no any scratch on my 3-year old cheap casio...
The only con, which I myself wouldn't consider it a con but just like to mention is that it's a little loud when the watchbis winding. This is for me who really car about it. For others I'm sure they won't mind. I myself enjoy the sound of my watches winding. Get it you won't regret it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great watch - always accurate - sleek and at this price it is a steal i originally purchased this same product for around 160-180 a year or 2 agoPublished 9 months ago by Nick Neff
First off, glass back - awesome. Second it was water resistant 50m - wasn't even expecting that! And it's variation is 3 seconds +/- over 2 days? Read morePublished 12 months ago by Dillon Perkin