4.0 out of 5 stars A good starting Automatic Watch
I bought this watch by mistake as I thought it was the Orient Bambino. Let me be clear that it is actually the Orient Symphony.

Published 16 months ago by Hoosier74

Published 4 days ago by B. Detweiler

4.0 out of 5 stars A good starting Automatic Watch, October 31, 2013
This review is from: Orient Men's ER27006B Classic Automatic Watch (Watch)

At first I was a little disappointed that I had not gotten what I thought I would(Was completely my fault). However, as I wore it more and more I realized that I liked this one as much as I thought I would have liked the Bambino. It has everything it needs to look elegant, classic, and dressy without having 38 different functions like some other watches that claim to be dress watches.

Pros:
Excellent Price Point
Elegant, Dressy Look
Comfortable Band
Water Resistant

Cons:
Not all Automatics are created equal. This particular movement is not bad, but does not keep time as well as some Swiss Autos.
Band loses shine and deteriorates quickly (3 months)

Overall a great watch that surprised me and met my expectations. Would recommend to friends and family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this watch now!!, May 5, 2013
This review is from: Orient Men's ER27006B Classic Automatic Watch (Watch)
I love this product. This is a great looking watch with the feel of a product that costs much more! Every man should have this watch!

4.0 out of 5 stars Automatic at this price range, it's a buy, July 26, 2014
This review is from: Orient Men's ER27006B Classic Automatic Watch (Watch)
Very good watch for the price, considering it's an automatic.

I upgraded from Swatch and the improvements (for the same price range):
- dial window is mineral, better than the plastic used in Swatch
- leather band is more durable than some that come with Swatch

Cons:
- automatic movement seems to run faster than time keeping, i'm getting +2 minutes after a week
- no luminescent coating in the hours/min. arms, can't see in the dark
- date switching is very wide (somewhere between 11:00 and 3:00)

What sold it was the automatic movement at that price range, albeit not a swiss one. Watch case diameter and thickness is in medium size, it just barely fits my small wrist.

My father used to have Orient watches and told me they last. I sure hope mine will for the long run.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., November 10, 2013
This review is from: Orient Men's ER27006B Classic Automatic Watch (Watch)
This is a fantastic automatic watch. It has a strange sort of dressiness about it, yet you can wear it with casual clothing just to spice up your look. I guess its just a really relaxed dress watch that works with everything!

My only gripe about this watch is the lack of any sort of illumination, so trying to read it with no light is damn near impossible. However, it is insanely comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific watch, November 15, 2013
K Pardo (Hackettstown, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Orient Men's ER27006B Classic Automatic Watch (Watch)
Beautiful watch, love the mechanical movement. Classy styling, well built. Band stiff at first but loosening up with wear. Can't go wrong if you're looking for an elegant dress watch that's fairly unique and with a long history without spending a fortune. Far better bargain than some of the newer fashion watches you'll find at the mall for the same price or more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!, May 30, 2014
This review is from: Orient Men's ER27006B Classic Automatic Watch (Watch)
Gorgeous watch, just barely big enough to pass a s a men's watch, but it is beautiful! Seemed pretty scratch resistant to me, but after two months I already have a deep scratch, and I have no idea where it came from. Orient charges near $50 to replace the glass, although expensive I think I might go ahead and do it because I love this watch so much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice mechanical watch from an in-house 'manufacture', February 20, 2014
This review is from: Orient Men's ER27006B Classic Automatic Watch (Watch)
This replaced a lost Seiko SNZG13 automatic and is great value for the money. It looks good in formal and casual business dress. With a different strap, it looks great with jeans. The hands and dial are clear and dignified. The Orient has a higher beats per hour than a Seiko 5, so the second hand sweep is a bit smoother than my dearly departed Seiko.

The value-for-money of an Orient (or Seiko automatic) is unparalleled. You're buying an accurate, durable, well-designed, and quality made timekeeping machine with no markup. Very expensive brands use the same manufacturing processes to make their time pieces and tack on a few zeros to the price.

The only down-side is that the croc-like strap can be stiff at first.

3.0 out of 5 stars as it is a very dressywatch - probably a little too dressy for my normal ..., February 25, 2015
B. Detweiler (Omaha, NE United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Orient Men's ER27006B Classic Automatic Watch (Watch)
First off, for an in-house automatic for around $100 that isn't a Seiko or Invicta, complaints really aren't allowed. I'm going to complain anyway. I've had mine for about 5 months now. I wear it maybe once or twice a week, as it is a very dressy watch - probably a little too dressy for my normal business casual, but that's ok. The finish is beautiful front to back. Even the date wheel is nicely done. I have two problems with this watch. One is the power reserve. There pretty much is none. In my experience, you get about 16 hours of power reserve, so if you take it off at 5 PM, you'd better be an early riser or you're going to find it stopped dead around 9 AM. Ok, it's $100, so we can make some sacrifices. The real issue is with the movement. From a dead stop, it takes a while to get in to a rhythm where it's actually keeping good time. I'm not kidding here, for the first half of the day, it will not keep time. It's baffling. I wind it in the morning vigorously, then set the time. I'm out the door about 2 hours later, and the time is completely off, not by seconds, but by hours. I set it again, and check an hour or so later and it's off again. Eventually, it starts keeping time. Perhaps mine is defective, as I've never seen any other people list this as their experience. I'd be curious to know if anyone else has this problem. I would rate it 5 stars if not for this quirk, but it makes the watch untrustable and almost unusable.

5.0 out of 5 stars great watch, November 19, 2013
This review is from: Orient Men's ER27006B Classic Automatic Watch (Watch)
Loving it so far! very basic, clean, and classy dress watch which was exactly what I was looking for. Added a deployant clasp and it looks even better with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A few minor issues, November 6, 2013
This review is from: Orient Men's ER27006B Classic Automatic Watch (Watch)
I like this watch. It's inexpensive, keeps good time and has a sleek look. I wish it were easier to see in low light conditions - the dial & hands are not florescent and even in bright sunlight it's sometimes hard to orient my wrist so I can see the time. No pun intended. I'm also a little annoyed that after a few weeks I bumped the watch and got a tiny chip on the edge of the glass crystal. A harder saphire crystal would not have chipped so easily. Still, an attractive automatic Japanese movement at a great price.

Orient Men's ER27006B Classic Automatic Watch