Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on September 27, 2009
I have always liked Origami, and I purchased this set to share that art & hobby with my nieces. I like this set and that it comes with a selection of papers to use for folding the various shapes. This includes regular paper in a rainbow of different colors, regular paper with a sort of "kaleidoscope" pattern in several color combinations, and a few different colors of metallic (foil on one side) paper. There are about four (4) sheets of each paper.
There are a couple of things I want to share with anyone looking to purchase this item. First, be sure that you take a look at what books are included in this set. When I ordered this set I also ordered another book called "Easy Origami". If I had checked I might have seen that this set already includes that book, but I just gave the extra copy to my sister to take home. Also they call this set "Origami for Beginners", however the other two books "Birds in Origami" and "Favorite Animals in Origami" would actually be more for intermediate paper folders, in my opinion. As I said, I like this set, but that's just something to be aware of if you plan to purchase this.
0Comment| 239 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This is a super way to get started on origami! EVERYTHING, and I mean absolutely EVERYTHING that you need is right here to get your origami experience going!

There are three starter books that are ultra-clear in their explanations, with more than 50 projects. You also get a pretty good-sized assortment of papers in great colors and vibrant patterns. The papers include metallic foils!

The instructions and illustrations (there are tons of pictures) will allow you to teach yourself this terrific craft in no time. You'd never believe that you could learn it so quickly!

Beginners of every age will love it.
0Comment| 125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2007
My 8 yrs old daughter likes it a lot. excellent to enjoy with whole family. it has 3 books one of them its very easy to follow, the others are a little bit more difficult. excellent for beginners. over 50 figures!!! the paper is fine
on November 30, 2009
I bought this kit having never done origami before in my life. I wanted to learn, so I figured a beginners' kit would be the place to start. This kit comes with three books and a pack of paper. The paper is great - lots of colors, and plenty of sheets - and the "Easy Origami" book that is inside was definitely helpful for learning, although it takes some experimentation as it lacks photos of exactly what some of the folds are. The other two books that come in the kit are Origami Animals and Origami Birds; I found these designs quite challenging for a true beginner. I was only able to complete about three of the birds before I was in over my head (and the folds started getting so tiny I wasn't able to continue making them neatly); I didn't even try any of the animals once I looked over the designs.

Overall, I would say this is a good kit for beginners, I just wish that they had included books with a better curve for difficulty of designs, rather than going from "easily done by beginners" to "whoa, this is hard!"
on April 5, 2008
My 10 year old daughter loves orgami and is enjoying this kit. There are many projects and papers to choose from. The instructions are clear and easy to follow. The kit was reasonably priced too.
on January 18, 2009
I purchased this kit for my 8-yr old who is very interested in origami. He loves it but some of the patterns get difficult near the end. I even couldn't understand some of the folds. I suggest that children start out on the easy folds so they do not get discouraged.

WV Mom
on January 9, 2007
Liked the book and it's a good start for beginners. Pictures are explicative and papers are fine.

The birds book is a little complicate to follow.
on May 19, 2008
This is an excellent product for an origami beginner. The instructions and diagrams are very easy to understand. A wide range of easy-to-make items are included in 3 books.
on September 10, 2013
This was definitely not a beginner origami kit. I purchased it for my 8 year old niece. She was not able to do any but the very simplest designs. I have done origami for years and even I was not able to follow the majority of the patterns! They are quite confusing. A few of the designs have 30 moves or more, which definitely is not beginner level. The only good thing I have to say about this product is that you get quite a good bit of paper. However, given the fact that you are almost guaranteed to not be able to complete the patterns, this ends up being a waste since a lot of the paper ends up being thrown away. Overall, not worth the money.
on April 12, 2009
I bought this set for my 6 year old grandaughter and she was very happy with it and was able to make several of the diagramed animals. It is an enjoyable craft time with no sissors or glue!!