5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best cds of 2012 & the best one from Mika!
I purchased this version which Amazon has listed as a French Import Version two weeks ago when it was released in France and Canada. Although I enjoyed some of Mika's earlier hits,I have never bought any of his work before until now.

Published on October 10, 2012 by Music lover "tom"

3.0 out of 5 stars I only love it when I'm drunk
So. Much. Autotune.

Published on November 3, 2012 by Erica

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best cds of 2012 & the best one from Mika!, October 10, 2012
This review is from: Origin of Love (Dlx ed) (Audio CD)

What an album! Intelligent and well produced tracks spanning dance, rock and pop. His voice is much more toned down (gone are the high pitched notes) and I think you can now better appreciate its true beauty.

Here is a listing of the French/ Canada version as it appears in the 2 cd format which I strongly recommend for the alternate and remixed tracks.

Cd 1 - (NOTE: For cd 1 Tracklisting for U.S. version will be the same except Elle Me Dit is replaced by Make You Happy Miami Edit)

1 - Origin of Love (a future hit single - pop music at its finest)
2 - Lola
3- Stardust (another future hit produced by famed DJ Benny Benassi)
4- Make You Happy (already released as a single and there is an official video)
5 - Underwater - (needs to be released - great ballad)
6 - Overrated
7 - Kids
8 - Love You When I'm Drunk
9- Step With Me (another favourite and possible future single)
10 - Popular Song
11 - Emily (This is the English version of the French megahit Elle Me Dit)
12- Heroes
13- Celebrate (The first single and there is an official video)
14 -Elle Me Dit

CD 2
1 - Karen - French ballad
2 - L'Amour Dans Le Mauvais Temps
3 - Un Soleil Mal Lune
4- Make You Happy (Cherokee Remix)
5 - Celebrate (Robbie Rivera remix)*** This track will be on the U.S. Deluxe
6 -Elle Me Dit (BeatauCue remix)
7-Make You Happy (L.A. Edit)
8 - Tah Dah *** This track will be on U.S. version

CD 2 will see the greatest changes. Instead of the French songs, you will have acoustic versions of "Origin of Love" , "Celebrate", "Kids", "Overrated" and "Love You When I'm Drunk" You will also have an incredible remix of "Stardust"

I have decided to buy both versions owing to the strength of the songs. Whether remixed, original or acoustic, the songs have a distinctive feel and you will want to have all the different versions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mika has done it again!, October 11, 2012
This review is from: Origin of Love (Dlx ed) (Audio CD)
This is Mika's third official album and even though at first like many I was a bit skeptical at this CD. However, after listening to the CD through its entirety, I have to say Mika has done it again! This time with a different spin to his CD. Like the first two albums, the creativity, artistry, and uniqueness of each song bring out the versatility of Mika. Nothing sounds alike, yet the sound is still original to his style. Origin of Love is in its own way quite meaningful on so many levels from lyrics to musicality. Emily, an English version of Elle Me Dit, is quite playful yet packed a punch in making you pushing that replay button over and over again. Underwater and Overrated are quite ... underestimated and overrated, they are the must listen songs. Popular Song is an interesting take of Mika's rendition of the "popular" song from Wicked. While Heroes and Celebrate are the two songs that end the album on a high note. Lola, Stardust, and Step with Me are the other songs that I have no word to describe. From the delux CD, L'Amour Dans Le Mauvais Temps and Un Soleil Mal Lune are two great songs for even a person with no French comprehension. I love the music and the emotion listening from those two songs! All in all, this is a must buy CD!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent from beginning to end!, November 28, 2012
This review is from: Origin of Love [Deluxe Edition] (Audio CD)
It is rare for me to listen to a full cd by any given artist. This cd is one of the few exceptions. Every track a listening pleasure.

3.0 out of 5 stars I only love it when I'm drunk, November 3, 2012
So. Much. Autotune.

This album is just ... overproduced to the point where it gets in the way. On the first pass, I was reminded of downloading MP3s from napster back in the day, when you'd get that rogue song that sounded vaguely electronic and distorted because the bit-rate was way too low. Though I'd say more of the songs on this album are good than not, none of them are made better by him sounding half-man-half-robot. He has a genuinely good voice and doesn't even need the audio magic. I wish I had bought the deluxe edition because it has a bunch of acoustic versions on it and I imagine those are probably better than the originals.

Love You When I'm Drunk is the one I think has the most potential to be a mainstream hit in the US. Popular Song surprised me the most - I was so sure it'd be another blatantly-pandering-to-the-fanbase song (a la 'Big Girl'), plus sampling a showtune? No way that could be good. But, there's a beautiful kind of raw spitefulness to it that I found surprisingly authentic. And that's when I think Mika is at his best. Despite my comments about the autotune, underneath it all, at least there's still a lot of complex and authentic emotion

4.0 out of 5 stars Dance With me Mika, December 10, 2012
This review is from: Origin of Love [Deluxe Edition] (Audio CD)
For his third album, Mika does an about face and lunges face first into dance pop. This is more a Pet Shop Boys departure than a George Michael, gilded electronically and laced with precision beats. His unique voice still stands head and shoulders above all the production and auto-tuning (hey he really didn't need this much of it, thanks), and the songs are still catchier than a tackle-box. Once again, Mika borrows heavily from the classic pop songbook; if you don't think of The Buggles during "Love You When I'm Drunk," you're missing the point.

But there's something missing, which the delightful "Lola" points out. When Mika isn't being dancified or vocoded half to death, he's a stunningly original artist. Great songs like the title track and "Make You Happy" are gossamered to the point where the beauty of what was so apparent on "Life In cartoon Motion" and "The Boy Who Knew Too Much" is nearly buried. Mika is in a new phase of his career, and he still excels. Just be prepared if you're coming off those first two albums. "Origin Of Love" is a different animal entirely.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, in a different way., March 9, 2013
I've been a bit spoiled by the upbeat genius that is Life in Cartoon Motion and The Boy Who Knew Too Much. Expecting the same type of high energy music on The Origin of Love, I was a bit disappointed. The music is more modern pop than anything else, but as with any Mika song, listen to it enough and it begins to grow on you. Amid the more predictable choruses are some classically-inspired verses that are reminiscent of Mozart, and that stay in your head long after you've turned the music off.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as First Album, November 18, 2012
pawwap "pawwap" (Cincinnati, Ohio USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Origin of Love (Audio CD)
This album seems to have a few memorable tunes, but the excitement and charm of the first Mika album, "Life in Cartoon Motion" is in now way matched. I find this album to be about like the previous "The Boy who Knew Too Much" in listenability. It is calmed down some with the vocals, leading to a subdued level of energy... and for me that is why the first remains the most played at my house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mika~Orgin of Love, May 27, 2014
This review is from: Origin of Love (Audio CD)
Love, love, love this cd. This was for me and my youngest daughter. Mika is one of our favorite artists, and this doesn't disappoint!

5.0 out of 5 stars i love mika, April 7, 2014
This review is from: Origin of Love (Audio CD)
such a great CD. he is very talented. I would recommend this to a friend. I hope he comes out with more music.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, February 13, 2014
This review is from: Origin of Love [Deluxe Edition] (Audio CD)
The case came with a crack in it but other than that this cd is fantastic def recommended! Very glad

Origin of Love [Deluxe Edition]
Origin of Love [Deluxe Edition] by Mika (Audio CD - 2012)
Click for more info