Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on February 7, 2013
Ok here is my long review of this pulse ox.

I am an ER RN, have been for about 5 years now. I got this product and have extensively tested it. The first few days I triaged ("checked in") about 80 patients/day and tested this on about half them of (put one finger in this pulse ox and another finger on the monitor's). Our monitors are very new and very nice and completely accurate. Here's what I found:

About 30% of the time, this pulse ox is between 1-3% lower than the monitor's. It takes a bit longer to give you the readings but is less "touchy" to being wiggled and throwing off the result. It does, however, have problems with pediatrics.

Be warned, it appears to be a Chinese ripoff or something because the instructions have terrible grammar/spelling. Not sure what's up with that, but it functions well.

All in all, it's very good and gives the same result the majority of the time. I would trust it.
22 comments| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 25, 2012
This Oximeter might be OK if your saturation is constantly in the 90's, but then, do you really need an oximeter then? This meter has shown errors of 20 points or more compared to the doctor's and the hospital's name brand certified meters. This is not suitable if you really need a meter. The selling company- EVA Medical Group, out of Houston, Texas, Offered return and restocking fees that, when included with the return postage, made returning it a wash, then threatened to deduct if it was deemed non-resalable. This one might have been returned and resold a few times. The silicone sheath that came with it is too large to stay on. I recommend you avoid this product, and after trying other offerings of the cheap Chinese meters, have spent my money on a Nonin, and now get readings that are within 1 point of the hospital's and doctor's readings.
44 comments| 117 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2012
Because of an accident I have been in & out of the hospital n umerous times with major facial restoration. I breathe through a trach (or tube in my throat) and the resp. techs are always checking my SPO2 levels to see if I am getting enough Oxygen. I bought this to monitor my levels at home and now all the techs want to know where I got mine from because of the OLED display compared to their tiny red led displays. Its' accuracy is on par with theirs' AND THE PRICE WAS REASONABLE.
PS The one I received looks just like the photo and came from EVA MEDICAL GROUPS LLC
on August 16, 2013
I am critical care nurse. I was looking for a reliable source of pulse oximetry for a family member at a reasonable price. For some reason, the O2 sat for everyone in my household is between 89-92. Either, we are all sick, or the product is defective. I believe is defective. There are no smokers, or dyshemoglobins present in any of my family members! There's no way than the 10 of us have the same measurements.
Very dissapointed
on August 20, 2013
works as described, easy to change orientation of display, I recommend supergluing the top slicone cover with just a dab of glue so it stays in pace--don't glue the bottom part as you'll need to change batteries eventually---I will have it checked for accuracy when I visit my cardiologist soon---
on July 24, 2013
It stopped working just after the 90 day warrantee -- it was used twice a day to check my father's oxygen and it just stopped working. I emailed the company and have received NO acknowledgement of their receiving my concerns and it's beyond amazon return policy. DO NOT BUY
on March 28, 2013
a little flimsy but works well, this is my second one, it is important to have as an RN but I am concerned that this one wont last that long
on April 26, 2013
You have to try it to many times before you can get a right reading. Doesn't work properly and I don't trust results any more.
on September 9, 2013
I am a professional medic/firefighter and use this oximeter for calls. It works great and the automatic shutoff is wonderful, especially in those difficult calls where you have so many things going on you might forget to turn it off. Great deal on this produt also. Others that are the same brand can cost 60 to 70 dollars. Best 25 bucks I ever spent!
on August 14, 2013
This Oximeter is a great tool! It has a great read out screen and you can also adjust the setting with the push of the button once if you would like to see the PQRST waves as well. Is very accurate with pulse and O2. I would recommend it to anyone!