4.0 out of 5 stars Video Review: iPad Dock
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:56 Mins
This dock does exactly what it looks like it does.
It holds it up right for charging, synching and working on anything you want to watch "vertical".

Published on May 16, 2010 by D. Bowman

2.0 out of 5 stars This is not a well-designed product
It is not possible to dock an iPad on this device if the iPad has any sort of cover. Once it is docked, it is very awkward to undock. There is no handle or any other way to hold the dock down to a surface while pulling the iPad off of it. Who designed this thing?
Published on April 30, 2010 by John

4.0 out of 5 stars Video Review: iPad Dock, May 16, 2010
Length:: 0:56 Mins

4.0 out of 5 stars Video Review: iPad Dock, May 16, 2010
This review is from: Original Apple Ipad 1 Dock and Charger (Personal Computers)
Length:: 0:56 Mins

2.0 out of 5 stars This is not a well-designed product, April 30, 2010
John (Parker, Colorado) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes Syncing and Charging Easier., April 26, 2010
The Apple iPad Dock makes it much more easier for me to sync and charge my unit without it taking up a lot of room on my computer desk. Since it is sitting straight up, it can easily just go in a corner on your desk. The iPad sits snugly into the dock and no need to worry about it tipping over since the dock's base has good weight to it. I purchased my Dock directly from Apple for an incredibly cheaper price (less than thirty dollars) than the current price listed on Amazon by this third party seller. There is no shortage of these units so I don't understand how third party sellers can fluctuate the price by so much. Sorry about the venting - I normally do not write reviews like this but the asking price is uncalled for (currently forty-seven dollars plus S/H when I wrote this review).

This unit DOES NOT include the USB cable to connect the dock to your computer. You can purchase one separately or use the cord that came with your iPad. It's sad that most companies have gone this route requiring you to buy the USB cables or other wiring necessities needed. For this reason it lost a star, otherwise I would of given it a 5-star review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, easy to use and carry around in your bag., May 7, 2010
I purchased this dock and I'm very happy with it, however you may want to take a look at a different stand/dock at [...] . The Ingenuo stand will give you the option to keep the iPad charged in three different positions slightly inclined "reading mode", landscape "video mode" and portrait or "writing mode".

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected, April 11, 2010
John S. Dean "John" (Sturtevant, WI United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I wanted something to put on the table near my couch where I keep my macbook pro, to charge the ipad. This has a surprisingly hefty feel to it, and holds the unit well. But the connection is pretty much just as tight as any normal connector cable, so while I had hoped I could just "lift it off" when I wanted to grab the ipad, I can't. You have to hold the base with one hand and lift with the other, which makes it awkward for where I have it located. But it charges fine, is stable enough that I don't worry about some little bump knocking over the tablet.
It comes with nothing but the dock itself, so you will either need to use the charger that comes with the ipad, or purchase a second charging unit.

2.0 out of 5 stars Just okay, May 20, 2010
schemer (Lawrence, KS) - See all my reviews
I've owned this dock since I owned my iPad and I'm a bit disappointed. It is heavy and solid, so I'm not worried about the iPad falling over. The only real means for keeping the iPad on the dock is the connector, which has always been concerning to me. My biggest complaint is that it can be difficult to position the iPad when placing it in the dock. Specifically, you can't see the connector or the slot while you're trying to make the connection. Even with these limitations, the dock does provide enough functionality to be useful.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cannot use this dock with iPad case, December 1, 2010
The dock itself is good, resistant, good finishing and conectors. However, it's important to comment it cannot be used when the iPad is inside the "original" case (that black folder usually sold for the iPad). The case is very tight and takes some time to be removed. Therefore I just gave up using this dock to hold and charge my iPad. I charge it directly with the cable. However, if you're not planning to use the case on a regular basis, this dock is ok and works fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not an Apple product, made by a 3rd party, January 25, 2011
In the product description it says "by Apple". This led me to believe the product being sole was a genuine apple product. But it isn't. This doc is quite a bit more bulky than the Apple dock. Once you get the iPad docked, it does work. But the problem I encountered is getting the iPad plugged into the dock. I had to lift up the dock several times to perfectly align the dock with the iPad before the connector would insert into the iPad.

In my opinion, this is a cheap product with poor quality. I threw mine away after 1 days use. I'm going to the Apple store to buy a real dock that is designed by a company with quality in mind.

4.0 out of 5 stars Little dock that does it all, July 15, 2010
Skye "Gadget guy" (San Ramon, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I was surprised by the size of this product - less than 3 inches square.
Originally I was planning to use it for charging but have since realized that it has so many other uses.

As noted in other reviews, the unit is designed to be mesh exactly with the iPad unit itself. A cover gets in the way. To resolve this problem, I used a sharp scissors to cut out a 1" x 3" rectangle shaped piece from the back of the Apple cover where the dock meets the iPad. The modified cover works just as well as it did before but allows the dock to connect.

Another problem is that when installed in the dock, the iPad can tip sideways if it gets bumped. I wish the dock had been made a couple inches wider to provide a more stable base.

I actually bought 2 of these docks: one for charging/syncing and other for media access. By leaving the dock attached to my TV and sound system I can just drop the iPad in the base unit and watch my iPad videos.

Original Apple Ipad 1 Dock and Charger