4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, but NOT NEW
The estimated arrival date was about 3-5 weeks without any other shipping option, but I got it in 8 days (THANK GOD). I was laptop-less and, as a college student, that sucks.

Published on July 19, 2012 by Diana

1.0 out of 5 stars If I had only known then....
Published on October 21, 2010 by SimplyJB

1.0 out of 5 stars If I had only known then...., October 21, 2010
This review is from: Original Apple 85w Magsafe Power Adapter A1222 (Generic Packaging) (Personal Computers)
The product states that it is 100% New Original Apple 85w Magsafe Power Adapter...but in reality it is a re-conditioned unit that doesn't even look like the one in the photo. The magnet has what appears to be rust on the inside rim, and the unit is not reliable when it comes to charging. Sometimes it charges the laptop, sometime it merely shows that it is plugged in, but most of the time it does neither. Needless to say, I am not overly happy with this product, and have ordered a new one directly from the Apple store.

1.0 out of 5 stars Deceptive, October 12, 2011
James Eastman (GREAT LAKES, IL, US) - See all my reviews
Product name is "Original Apple 85w Magsafe Power Adapter A1222" but the description quietly states that you'll in fact be recieving an A1222 or A1343.

I would love to buy an original A1222 Magsafe since the A1343's new design doesn't detach as easily, but from the other reviews, it sounds like you'll almost certainly be getting an A1343 and not the A1222 by buying this product.

Nice try, trying to trick people who want the A1222 into buying with a misleading product name. And even better is that you get good reviews from people who don't know the difference between the A1222 and A1343. Pretty clever.

3.0 out of 5 stars Apple 85w MagSafe Power Adapter, June 13, 2011
The power adapter works indeed, but do not be fooled. This product is not the A1222, or does not carry that serial number. The seller has stated that this power adapter is the original Apple MagSafe, but I cannot quite tell. The model number of the product I received is A1343. As I write, I am using the power adapter that I bought from this seller. It works, indeed, and works very well. I have had no problem with it. It has just bothered me because I thought I would receive the A1222 power adapter (the original late 2008-early 2009 power adapter). I am not sure which power adapter this is, but it does work. My review is three-stars solely because the seller either has not done his/her research on the power adapter he/she is selling, and has not stated clearly the model number of the power adapter being sold. This product is working. Is it fake? I cannot truly tell, but it has been working since I received it in the mail. I am simply trying to inform future buyers to be careful as to buying products from this seller, as I myself have been completely fooled thinking I would be getting the original A1222 model, but received an A1343 model (I am not even sure if this model number is an original).

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but needs a better description., October 15, 2011
Bad things: I thought I was getting the whole thing. What came in the packaging was the block to computer part and no extension cord bit (sorry, I'm not certain of the technical terms). When I got my computer originally, it came all together and I've never seen it elsewhere sold in two separate parts -- block to computer and cord from block to outlet -- so I wasn't expecting only half the total cord.

Good things: It came in a timely manner. It doesn't look used or reconditioned (as another reviewer indicated his/her item appeared to be) and it works great. Thankfully, I got the section I needed (puppy mangled the block to computer bit, not the extension bit) and it is cheaper than the standard (and complete) cord.

So - be warned - this is only the block to computer part, no extension bit included.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fell apart, April 22, 2012
I got this item to replace my original, which after 6 years started falling apart. This lasted a couple months and no longer works, the same place is broken (the small connective piece with the outlet prongs). I noticed cracks around it - and I KNOW it was not my use because I rarely moved the plug and it was hidden away from anything that could hit it by accident. I am thinking it isn't an original Apple product as stated, and I am quite ticked off I just spent so much money on something that is already broken. I think it should be replaced by the company and I intend on contacting them about it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Seller's Product Picture and Description is Misleading, March 2, 2012
For one, this product is not what is pictured by the seller. I was a little disappointed, especially for the price, that it was not even new. I'm giving this product a couple stars at least though because it does work so far and I received it quickly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Functions, but misleading photo; different connector., January 10, 2012
These adapters function just fine, but have the old T-style Magsafe ends. For my purposes, this isn't a big enough dealbreaker to hassle with sending them back, but I really prefer the newer right-angle style, and was expecting to receive that connector, as it's pictured. If the t-style connector is what you want, there are less expensive options out there.

I realize that the seller is probably using Apple stock photography, but the image is misleading all the same.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, but NOT NEW, July 19, 2012

Anyways, I read all the reviews that said that this product from this seller was misleading. I've only had it for a day so far, but everything seems to be working and the physical aspect is almost perfect and seems new, except for some marks on the magnetic end. There were some black scuff marks that I can't get rid of on the magnet port that sticks into the MacBook. I don't know what happened, but it's the only thing that keeps me from giving this a 5-star rating. I expected my product to be new. I expect the seller to not be misleading. I'd give the seller 2 stars, but since it shipped so fast, I'll give him/her 3.

So all is well with my charger, but there were some reviews that said it stopped working for one reason or another within a couple of months. The charger that came with the MacBook Pro I bought at the Apple Store lasted me about 3 years until the wiring completely burned through the protective white layer and then stopped working altogether (I use my laptop on a daily basis for more hours than I'd like to admit throughout the day). If and when this charger stops working, I'll update my review to let you guys know.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked for 4 months, April 22, 2012
The model number on mine was A1343. So no, it's not an A1222.
It worked great when I originally bought it, lit up and everything.
Sadly 4 months and 3 days later, it is no longer charging my laptop. I shelled out $60. Looks like I should get the $20 one, buy that 3 times and hope it lasts longer. There wasn't any rust or visible deficiencies, it just stopped working.

1.0 out of 5 stars False Advertising, this is NOT an original Apple product, June 22, 2013
The serial number reveals this is fake. Also, it stopped working all of a sudden, without any damage. Before stopping working, it shortcircuited my macbook pro, which scared the hell out of me, but then I could turn it back on after a while and all seems normal.

Anyway, don't buy this product, really. You should go for either the real deal (expensive but better) or just one of the other fake chargers that are cheaper (they are exactly the same product since this one is fake too), at least those are properly priced.

This is a scam, basically.

Rate and Discover Movies