Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now Sale

Item Package Quantity: 1Change

on May 18, 2010
This probably would work well, if you have things that you are able clip to it and a place in the ceiling you don't mind making a large hole in for it. However:

The clips don't open very wide, and sometimes things slip out, so you have to know and test what you're going to keep on the organizer. I bought it for my daughter's room, but we are not going to be using it. It also is difficult for her to clip things onto it herself (difficult to open clips, difficult to get things into the small opening the clips have, etc.), which is the ultimate goal when you have kids: to find them ways to organize that they can do mostly on their own.

One thing I would have liked to know before I bought this product: you have to drill a fairly large hole in the ceiling, and then the hardware will set in the hole, and it will expand as you screw it in, causing some significant damage to the ceiling. (This is in the case of plaster ceilings; there are other directions for acoustic tile and for other materials, I'm not certain.) I understand that it would need some strong anchoring, but when I was thinking of a cheap way to get some of my daughter's things organized, I didn't think about how it might damage the house or cause some repair-work if I didn't want it there anymore; I thought another person might like to know this ahead of time, just for a heads-up.

All-in-all, I would choose a different product to organize with, especially if you are utilizing it in the traditional way of organizing toys in a child's room.
11 comment64 of 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2010
Most the reviews on here are for using this item for toy storage (as advertised). However, this is a great way to store small bagged snacks, like chips, in your pantry. You can see all the chip flavors and pick chips just like a vending machine or store display. Plus, it keeps them from getting crushed by other pantry items or from getting lost in the shuffle.

I also think this item would be perfect for storing hats, scarves, and gloves in a mud room. I currently use some hanging bags for that, but in retrospect, this would have been a perfect solution. It reduces the need for shelf space and it keeps items handy.

Don't just consider this item for toys...it's great for organizing all sorts of things!
review image
0Comment21 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2007
At last there is a sensible way to store the jungle of plushies! This product is mandatory for households with children. Toybox space is left free for playtoys, while plushies hang in view. It's easy to take one or two down for play and return them to the chain at clean-up time. Thank You for this product!
on December 3, 2007
We bought this for our playroom and have gotten so many comments from other parents who have come over and love it! I would have given it five stars, but the clips don't hold onto all stuffed animals very well, especially if they're a bit on the heavy side. Overall, it's a great addition to our playroom though and organizes all the stuffed toys so they're no longer in a heap on the floor and my kids actually notice and play with them again.
on June 30, 2011
My husband installed the chain gang tonight in my little girls room and we're very happy with it. Always before we've had to keep all of her stuffed animals in multiple hampers/rubbermaid containers or try to fight with them in those expensive bags that take all of the air out of them to save space. NOT ANYMORE! We purchased the chain gang and one bag of extra clips and most all of her animals fit without a problem.
I wish the clips would be made of a heavier metal or harder plastic, but they seem ok at first glance. Some of her really heavy pillow pets didn't fit well, but those will be fine on her bed. I plan on ordering one more bag of hooks to finish up her collection.
It's very sturdy, as it needs to be. All of those animals put together are extremely heavy. The hole in the celing is quite big when you are drilling, but doesn't seem to be a problem after you get the hardware in. You need a big drill bit for this job. I'm sure I'll find more problems along the way, but my first impression is impressed!
review image
on January 25, 2012
As long as you don't want to actually hang things on it, this is a nice looking chain. After 1 to 2 uses, however, the clips spring apart. Nothing really breaks, they can be put back together, but they then function with little to no tension so you're left with half a clip hanging and the other half has sailed across the room. If you're lucky the spring mechanism didn't hit you in the eye and you have 10 minutes to reassemble it. Being slightly more cognizant of the value of my time, however, I'm setting out tomorrow to buy 10 feet of real chain, a big box of binder clips and I'll make my own. It'll look cooler for my son's room, stand up to him and teach me a good lesson: You. Get. What. You. Pay. For.
22 comments11 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 30, 2007
A must have to decrease the clutter of stuffed animals and lightweight toys. I wish the clips had a small rubber grip inside the clip. I think this addition would make the stuffed animals 'stay' inside the clip better. You could do it yourself of course. Overall a great addition to any kid friendly room!
on February 6, 2010
I purchased this product to get all of my daughter's stuffed animals off the floor. It certainly did the job. It is more durable that I thought it would be and has the right amount of clips. I saw where you can purchase extra clips, however, if using this chain for stuffed animals, extra hooks would make it way too crowded. A good buy overall.
on December 3, 2013
I love this toy chain. I didn't want to get one of those nets for my kids stuffed toys cause then she couldn't reach them to play with them. This is perfect. We bought 2 and places them each in a corner in her room. She can clip on her toys when she's not using them and keep them off the floor, and off her bed.
on May 3, 2011
Iv'e had this for about 2 years now. just getting around to reviewing everything that i have bough from amazon.com. Well ive had it for 2 years now and its still there hanging in my girls toy room. We put teddy bears on it and it looks cute. Nothing has broken and we dont have any problems with it.