The Original Handy Cooler Small Fan & Mini-Air Conditioner, Pink
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- The original patented hand held cooling fan as featured in the Technology Review magazine (M.I.T.) in 2010.
- Small fan cools air up to 30F. *best used in hot and dry environments. Humidifies air and alleviates allergies.
- Runs on 4x batteries or USB power (adapter included).
- Cooling fan assembly utilizes a 30db whisper-soft turbine system.
- Cooling filter life expectancy: 1 year
- Wash filter with soap and water before first use and occasionally during life of filter.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 2:56 Mins|
I've had the handy cooler for just over a year now and so far I really like it. It's been lying under my bed for the whole winter, but now the heat is back and I've brought it back in action.
What I liked:
- The design. Looks good. Feels good. I like the swivel vent head too.
- Portability. I bring it around to classes, work and around home.
- Performance. Cools like a charm.
- Size and weight.
What I would like to see improved:
- Rechargeable lithium battery option. The unit is not capable of recharging batteries. However, I recommend getting 4 rechargeable batteries, and charge them with battery docks. It'll cost you $40+ but will save you on the long run.
- Longer cooling duration.
- a longer USB cord!
It's a nice little fan with a twist, but be sure to stock up on batteries.
|Length: 3:17 Mins|
Honestly, I wish it were less expensive, but the build quality is solid enough that I think it'll survive until I get back, and that's really all that counts.
The Handy Cooler appears to be well built. The fan is very quiet. You can put the unit on a desk or tabletop, and it will blow a nice stream of cool air at you.
I like the way you can rotate the air head ninety degrees, giving you greater flexibility in positioning the unit. I also like the little water bottle they give you, which holds two "recharges". Yes, they have figured out how much water you can add to keep cool without water dribbling from the unit. They figure you can go from thirty minutes to three hours on a "full" sponge, depending on your environment.
I have told the company that makes the Handy Cooler that they need to introduce a shoulder holster, so you can wear it around and use it hands-free. In the meantime, I am going to see if I can rig up some sort of shoulder sling or something that will suit this purpose.
At any rate, if you hate the heat, the Handy Cooler is the real deal -- cool relief to go. HIGHLY recommended.
My only gripe, as another customer commented, is the high UPS shipping charge. A lower-cost USPS shipping option would be welcome...
And yes, I use NiMH rechargeable batteries, and they last for hours on a charge. Ahhhh...
It would have been perfect if it came in different sizes so I can keep a bigger one for the office, and a smaller one to keep in my purse. I've made this suggestion to the guys who made it.
This is definitely a 5 star item and I recommend this to any office clerk. It's $50, but it also looks great on the desk.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Didn't really work. No better than an individual fan you could purchase for a lot less.Published 1 month ago by Flash
Beanstalk Hair Treatment did not help my hair maybe you need to use it for 6 months of so.Published 2 months ago by sweet
Originally purchased prior to going on trip to Asia in their summer months. Bought it mainly because of the great reviews. Read morePublished 3 months ago by dr.iwc
Brought this for my son in the Navy who was being deployed on a ship. Worked great!!Published 4 months ago by Annette
Used it for a few months last summer (maybe 6 times total to cool a stroller). It worked great keeping the kids cool in a small space. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Dangkhoa Nguyen
its huge lol. like a brick in my purse. I retuned it and bought a fan from the dollar store.Published 4 months ago by christina