Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Original Heavyweight Classic Messenger Bag Olive Green
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 31, 2010
I was a little skeptical at first, because the picture shown on the Rapid webpage is difficult to make out. I was sure I would be disappointed by the design, color, or even a lack of a zipper on the main compartment. However, I took the advice of another customer who had ordered it through the Gravity Trading company. I'm ecstatic that everything turned out right. The bag is just a little bigger than I imagined, but still not too big, even if you don't plan on carrying a lot in it. The fabric looks reliable and the other compartments are very roomy. I also wasn't sure about the pockets on the side of the bag, but they seem to be able to hold a very large bottle. I'm very happy with this product.
22 comments|97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 25, 2013
I love the look of this bag. People ask me where I got it. It's a really nice bag. I want so badly to like it, but the d*mn thing started falling apart the moment it showed up on my doorstep three weeks ago. Right now, half of the bit that holds the shoulder strap on has come loose on its own. It wasn't a quick thing either - Two weeks ago it was just a noticeably loose thread, and now I'm afraid to keep anything that's even remotely fragile in this bag. One of the straps that holds the side pockets closed has completely come loose, too.

A decent level of craftsmanship would easily have made this the best messenger bag I've ever owned, but it looks like that's too much to ask... Skip it. Move on.
review image
on April 24, 2015
Roomier than I had even dared to hope. It has lots more handy pockets than I realized as well. Most of the pockets (4 of 5 actually) are located on the exterior of the bag, lining the perimeter, which I like because you can make various items available and handy without having to dig around in the interior of the big bag. The one internal pocket has a zipper so you can put items that you definitely don't want to have accidentally tumble out (keys, cellphone) securely tucked away. I have to routinely carry around notepads, books, journals, etc. and the big central portion of the bag is perfect for toting bulky items. The shoulder strap is fairly beefy but could be even a bit more substantial. I do love that it's fully adjustable from hanging comfortably on the shoulder to a length that's perfect for wearing 'sling' style. This would make a great gift for a student, artist, or whomever needs a big, stout bag. The velcro closures for the front flap stay VERY secure - must be industrial velcro. Might have to get another of these - or two- for mobile art supplies and wildlife rehab supplies. It's a great piece for use in rugged, potentially dirty situations because it is completely launderable.
review image review image
on June 23, 2011
Thank you so much to the customer for mentioning the Gravity Trading Company - I received mine today ZIPPERED~! This looks like a heavy duty, well-made bag. The strap is well adjustable. There are many clones on Amazon - beware, - this seems like the best of the lot considering the negative feedback on the others. I started using mine today - weight, feel, fit, and look all are exceptional! Amazon should sell the zippered version of the bag for added security of items.
on December 26, 2009
I did a lot of review searching before purchasing this messenger bag and I'm glad I did. I learned if you want the main compartment to be zippered you need to buy through the Gravity Trading company.
I like the bag, it is large, and functional. The only issues I have are that the zipper seems to not be a good quality- I have had worries the part you hold will break off as well as the zipper itself giving way, but so far so good- I have been using it for a few months with no zipper breakage. The other issue is although it is roomy, there is no give to the outer side pockets so if I add a water bottle it pushes into the main compartment of the bag, and if the bag is already full I can't always get the bottle to go in and have to do major re-arranging.
55 comments|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 25, 2011
this is a mixed review. i'm very happy with this bag and at the same time very disappointed. the product description says it has 3 outside pockets and one pocket on both sides. horse puckies, it does have one pocket on each side, but only two front pockets. looking at the deceptive picture it looks like there might be a pocket on the back of the bag, on the outside, there ain't none. and that was the primary reason i ordered this bag. i wanted a pocket on the "next to your body" side of the bag so i could access stuff without opening the flap. guess i'll have to keep looking. the really sad part of this, is the bag is very heavy material and will probably stand up to quite a bit of wear. time to keep looking.
on December 14, 2012
This is a good bag but I am not sure of the quality of it yet. I originally chose this bag based on the reviews here on amazon. Some people said this version of the bag was much more durable than the one called "Heavy Weight Messenger Bag," if you search on amazon. I received mines, but it is basically the exact same bag as the other one here on amazon but a few dollars more when I could have just bought it for less so that is why it gets 4 stars. Also even though it says Olive green, I received the Olive Drab one, not sure if that is the exact same color or not. I would recommend this bag because it's roomy and it seems strong but remember if you're purchasing this there is no difference between the "Original Heavyweight Classic Messenger Bag Olive Green" and "Heavy Weight Messenger Bag" here on amazon so don't make the mistake I did and buy it for 8 dollars more when you could have bought the same bag for a lower price. The prices changed within a few days when I purchased mines from Army Universe.
on February 6, 2011
Exactly what I wanted. Though I haven't had it long, I use it practically every day. Phone, keys, wallet, Leatherman, notepad, pen, flashlight, and water bottle - a load that would threaten to drag down any man's pants - rides organized and easy. The strap is wide and comfortable, velcro keeps the main flap secure, and easily reached compartments are ideal for concealed carry.
on August 24, 2014
It's difficult to say with any accuracy the quality of this bag. In some ways, it feels quite good. The cloth is very strong and thick, the strap has not even begun to loosen on me, even after months of every-day use. Yet it is clearly made of some cheep materials. The zipper on the little inside pocket broke the first day. It arrived with the zipper not joining the teeth properly. As I worked on it, the zipper got stuck, and the thumb tab simply snapped in two, as if it were made of dry play-dough.

After that first day, I haven't had any further troubles with the bag. I mean, the zipper is broken beyond repair, but nothing else has broke.

The smell that some reviewers talk about... for me, it was not an issue. It didn't smell bad, or all that potent. It smelled of hearty canvas, which is the material the bag is wrought of. So in my mind, it was an appropriate scent.

Upon seeing me with this messenger bag hanging at my side, strap across my chest, my boss said I looked like Kwai Chang Caine. If that's not enough reason to buy it, I don't know what is.
on October 16, 2014
Canvas is nice quality but construction is poor. The inside lining began to tear away from the top within the first few weeks. I had to buy fabric glue to hold it together since I put some patches on it and can't return it.