Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Shop Now HTL

Format: Audio CDChange

on July 1, 2011
This is a good pop album. I guess the earlier reviewer didn't actually purchase the album, because if you prefer Cascada's old sound, this album comes with a bonus disc with some of Cascada's best songs from her earlier albums. The best songs from Disc 2 are probably Everytime We Touch, What Hurts the Most, Evacuate the Dancefloor, Fever, Dangerous, Miracle, Perfect Day, Bad Boy, Because the Night... Well, it is her greatest hits, so if you like Cascada, you're going like just about everything on Disc 2. The only song I suggest you skip on disc 2 is "Wouldn't it Be Good". That is without a doubt the worst Cascada song I've ever heard, I have no idea why that song would be apart of this collection, but other than that song disc 2 is amazing if you like the old Cascada style. Disc 1 is where the new material is. If you're a fan of Rihanna, Katy Perry, or Britney Spears this disc is for you. It's pure 2011 pop with elements of r&b and electro. The album starts out with the very radio friendly summer song "San Francisco". If you liked "California Girls" or "Tik Tok" you'll like this song, because there very, VERY similar. "Au Revior" is one of the most unique tracks. A very catchy chorus and some amazing vocal riffs make this one of the standout songs of the album. "Unspoken" is also one of the standout songs on the album. Elements of r&b and a very catchy rap and chorus make this song great. "Pyromania" is a decent song. But it won't hold your interest for long. Enemy is the only mellow, mid-tempo song on the album. It's quite catchy, has meaningful lyrics, and great vocals. One of my favorites. "Independence Day" is my least favorite song on the album, the lyrics are all over the place and fail at telling a meaningful story. "Stalker" is probably the furthest away from Cascada's old style. I actually really like the bridge of the song, but everything else is mediocre. "Night Nurse" is definitely one of the coolest sounding songs. It has a spooky feel to it and is quite catchy. "Sinner on The DancFloor" is my personal favorite on the album. The lyrics are complete nonsense and fun. If you like Britney's newer material, this is the song for you. It's ridiculously catchy. "Original Me" is a fun, but forgetful song. The chorus isn't very memorable, but it has clever lyrics and a neat bridge. The album comes to a close with "Hungover". This is the only ballad on the album. And unlike Cascada's earlier ballads, this one actually makes sense on a dance/pop album. Hints of Piano and Guitar make this a really cool, and meaningful song. A great way to end the album. Overall, you're definitely getting your moneys worth. This is 26 songs for the price of a normal album. The biggest thing this album is missing, is at least one new song with the old Cascada style to please fans. They also could've included some of Cascada's best remixes, because there are some great ones. So, I enjoyed this release, as someone who hadn't heard all of her old material, I definitely got my moneys worth. I think it's worth a buy.
on July 24, 2011
Overall the album is not great as the previous Evacuate the Dancefloor but it's still incredible!

I do love the old eurobeat style but come on it would be really boring if they always come back with the same sound! I love the way they changed and are still looking for new styles. this time besides the pop songs(Pyromania, Au Revoir) we have great R&B tracks(my favorite is Enemy) and even rap songs(I personally recommend the track Independence Day)!!

If you don't own the previous albums, the 2CD edition come with a greatest hits cd(even though is missing two singles Miracle and Fated) but if you already have them like me, I would truly recommend the 2CD Asia Edition that besides the regular cd come with 5 extra remix tracks, we have a awesome Greatest Hits Remix cd!
on June 27, 2011
Unlike the opinion given in the one-star review above, I'm glad to see Cascada move away from their repetitious (read: annoying), Euro-frenetic, synth poundpoundpound beat. I've always found it hard to make it past three or four Cascada songs in a row because it's just too much of the same. I think this album's a step in the right direction, but there's nothing terribly "original" here. (Yes, the irony is noteworthy.) And, will all "pop" stars please take note: Adding some inane rapper and/or a mid-tempo, slow jam groove (Thanks for nothing, Destiny's Child), doesn't make you hip, fresh, cool, or off the hook...just desperate. Stop it. Stop it now. So, in a nutshell, not the best album of the year (by any means) but not the worst either. Enjoyable, disposable dance pop. Listen for a couple of months and then move on to the next newest release.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 12, 2011
I was really excited to get my hands on Cascada's new Cd because I've loved the other albums so much. However, this album was pretty disappointing because the style of most of the songs are influenced by today's generic hits. I still listen to the Cd,but find myself skipping certain songs. I wish they just let her sing in the style she has always been best at instead of the style of music that's in at the moment. One of the songs even sound like a knock off of Rihanna and Eminem's song! I still love Cascada, just hope that after this album they go back to her singing the way she should be singing and that she's best at. Just buy with caution!
on August 10, 2011
Cascada's latest outing takes her old "eurobeat" sound and fuses it with R&B,Pop, and Rap. The Asian 2 cd edition is the best version to buy as it contains a total of 29 tracks.(There are 16 tracks on the first cd and 13 tracks of remixes on the bonus disc.) Other 2 cd versions exist but they are not as complete as the Asian version.

Throught the album,Cascada flirts with the styles of Rihanna, Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, as well as other pop and rap performers.

The album is a pleasant one to listen to and shows Cascada breaking away from her europop mold.

However, "Original Me" is not a good title for the album as many of the songs seem to be lacking originality. "Pyromania" (in my opinion) is the strongest song on the album.

Even with the lack of originality, Cascada's "feel good" songs will perk you up and give you a nice "sugar pop high". So go ahead and buy it! Get the "Asian version". (Read the description of all the different versions that are available of this album and I think you will agree with me.)

This album shouldn't be called "Original Me" but is a fun, "feel good", sugar pop high, certainly prime to satisfy your hearing buds. Enjoy!
on June 28, 2011
If you were like me. You were disappointing by San Fransisco, It sounded just like Tick-Tock, California Girls, and everything else that co producer has wrote. Good thing for us that is one of the worst songs in the album.

Stalker is brilliant Techno Pop, Natalie is back to her origins
Original Me is catchy... You might consider it gaga pop.
Au Revoir sounds like it could be Britney Speer next comeback chart topper.
Enemy is pure brilliant.

The album has a much more pop feel. But each son has a techno dance mix to Cascada's roots. I can't wait for the Enemy remixes.
on August 18, 2011
I must say, I rather enjoy the evolving sound of Cascada. I understand how some people would complain about it. This CD certainly is no copy of "Everytime We Touch". Instead, Natalie is moving forward and expanding her sound!

There are many songs with classic beats such as: Au Revoir, Pyromania, Stalker, and Night Nurse. Then, there are newer sounds like Unspoken, Enemy, Independence Day, and Original Me.

Honestly, the weakest point of this CD is the opening song, San Francisco. It's way too much of a Katy-Perry-California-Girls rip off for me. I hope Cascada stays away from those Bubblegum-Pop copies from now on! Also, I usually HATE when singers feature a rap artist in a song; it ruins it for me. But Cascada does it on a few songs in 'Original Me' and actually does it well! Seriously, Independence Day blends Cascada's dance beats and a Rapper's lyrics beautifully.

I would definitely recommend this CD for Cascada fans that enjoyed 'Evacuate the Dancefloor'. It's less about computer synthetic-beats and more about the lyrics and Natalie's amazing voice!
on January 1, 2013
It's repetitive- many songs sound alike. Overall however it's a good workout album which was my intention in buying it
on August 3, 2011
Cascada had a massive hit in 2009 with "Evacuate The Dancefloor," which was slightly more electro-pop than their previous material, and on "Original Me," they have abandoned any traces of their old sound in favor of autotuned electro pop in the vein of Ke$ha and Katy Perry. Vocalist Natalie Horler often takes a back seat to the blips and blats that are prevalent throughout the album, but that is not even the main problem here.

Not only do the songs sound unoriginal (making the title kind of ironic), but they don't have good hooks. "Sinner on the Dancefloor" is just a weaker re-write of "Evacuate the Dancefloor." Two singles "San Francisco" and "Night Nurse" are below average songs, and aside from the outstanding track "Pyromania" the album is just not that impressive. It sounds like a band trying to cash in on a dying era of electro pop, as the window for this type of music is closing rapidly as artists like Lady Gaga and Ke$ha are tumbling down the charts in favor of artists like Adele. In theory, making good dance music should not be that difficult, but this album tries too hard to be something that it is not, and in the end, it just does not match their previous work in any way.
on February 12, 2015
There was only a few good songs that weren't covers of other people's songs. She definitely has a good voice, but I was hoping for better selection for the price and the fact that their was 2 discs.