Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Strumbellas Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing STEM

on November 10, 2013
Walked all over our 9.29 acres in comfort. Have a wide instep. EZ on/off. Great arch support. Great price. Highly recommended
on October 2, 2013
This is my husband's second pair. First pair lasted for years. He wears them every day to do the morning barn chores. They slip on fast and can be worn with wool socks in the winter as well as for garden work in summer.
on January 9, 2014
I got these for my wife and she loves them! They have really good tread and they don't get too hot. She is short, so it's really nice that the Hoser Mid Boots don't go all the way up to her kneecaps. ;)They run big so order a size smaller or try them on somewhere. Would recommend them to anyone!
on March 3, 2012
These are the most comfortable boots I've ever owned. I bought them for pheasant hunting in which you have to do quite a bit of walking. I needed a boot that would give me good arch support.
on February 3, 2010
I was concerned about the fit, since I have a wide foot, but it fits really well. It is heavier than I expected, but does keep my feet dry. I do like the boot. I have to wade through a puddle during the rainy days we have here in SoCal & I really needed something I could walk thru & not track it into the house.
on January 10, 2016
They fit great. They are lightweight and have a small form factor. They are not at all bulky. They keep my feet warm.

The aggressive treads offer some great traction.

They are fairly well cushioned for boots. I have to have very good cushion due to knee and hip issues.

Surprisingly, I did not need to add insoles for extra cushion as I normally would have to...though there is room for a pair, or for thick socks.

I walked through lots of snow, dirt and gravel and simply wiped my feet off at the door. I took them off and they were clean as a whistle...no mud or annoying gravel lodged between the treads.

You need long socks, though, or you will experience some chaffing of the cuff against the shin after a long bout of snow shoveling.
on February 26, 2015
Extremely well made. Bought based on a reviewer saying her old ones were long term, the best. A bit large, even for my wide, high instep foot. For reference, I am normally a women's 9.5 wide & often have to size up to a 10 to make it work, if it is a narrow or normal width. But then it's usually too long. These womens10/mens9 felt very roomy on me with lots of space all around the foot. Plenty of room for heavy socks. The sole on these Hoser boots is substantially better than any others I've looked at in multiple brands. Twice as thick, sturdy deeper grooves & covers around the sides & toe a bit. I imagine these wld be the go to boots for outdoor muck work needs & feel like they wld last much longer than competitor boots I tried on at the same time for comparison. The neoprene shaft fits like a comfortable glove with no digging in at the rim like the classic womens mid calf bogs boot I tried at the same time (w/my large 17 in. calf).

The only problem I found is the heel is very low to the ground making the toe end lift up slightly, but awkwardly & strains the foot/calf muscles eventually. And the heel seems to encourage slight rolling sideways- or outward (like twisting your ankle) making walking in them feel unstable for me. Adding a foot structure of some form (even if just inside the heel) wld make these perfect. The classic bogs style mentioned above actually provided better foot support with a slightly elevated inside heel support making for a more natural feeling step, though that sole is probably half as thick as this Hoser one.

I'm finding unisex cut sizing (or men's alone) in these style boots seem to be much roomier in the foot area compared to the same size in womens size only. So may be good to size down or keep in mind when ordering (from women's to unisex/men's cut sizing). Wish they made half sizes!

For comparison, the women's size 9 Arctic Weekend Muckbooks fit me like a supportive foot glove all around. Similar to an orthotic walking shoe feel. (Too snug for me but hoping the 10 work.) The heel is more elevated than a typical work mucking boot but perfect for commuter, suburban/city type living for snow, slush, cold & rain. I find the Artic weekend most comfortable to walk in. All three of these boots have more space around the heel than expected (side to side) so heel lifts out a bit for each step. Don't yet know long term if this might be a problem.

There is a helpful cloth loop on the back to help pull the boot on. Unique from other boots I tried, it has a gray light reflective material stripe on it...but it's also sewn forcing it down into the boot instead of up, pointing toward the top...so completely irrelevant for this purpose anyway, as it can't reflect light while hidden in the boot. Don't know if this was on purpose or a defect but it doesn't make much sense.
on October 24, 2015
They were a birthday present from my DH. At first they were a little tight getting in and out but now after multiple days of use, they are just right. They aren't as comfortable as running shoes, obviously, but for boots? Great for mucking stalls, dealing with water buckets and washing down horses. Keep my feet warm in colder weather, but as long as I am wearing socks they aren't too warm in nice weather. There is a little arch support, but I wouldn't go so far as to say "good". But then I usually wear custom orthodics with extreme arch support so I could be biased. Don't waste your money on the boots that crack the investment in these is a must!
on October 24, 2015
Usually a men's size is two numbers less than a women's size, so I didn't understand their conversion of just one number difference. So I read the reviews from women saying the boots were too big. Well, they were too small. I should have believed the size they stated for women. Otherwise I would have kept the boots, but they were too small on the side of the big toe especially. Also I would have preferred a larger ankle opening, but I have really thick legs, especially because my foot is only a size 6. Hereditary curse.

The boots appeared very sturdy and I liked the neoprene ankles. The sole is thicker than some which I like. Heavy duty lugs on the bottom. Maybe I'll reorder if they put them on sale again. With free Prime membership, I suppose I should have ordered both sizes while on sale, and then returned one. I occasionally go to construction sites for inspections, and it rains a lot here.
on February 13, 2016
I bought these boots for river kayaking in cold weather, and they have not disappointed. In many places you can't really step out onto dry land, but have to step into calf deep water. These boots keep my feet warm, and dry. And the warm part is rare for me - my feet are always cold. I have enough room to wear several layers of socks. They have good traction on slippery banks, too.