5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! What a Surprise
Published on January 20, 2012 by BobOB

3.0 out of 5 stars Stiff soles; runs small
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:35 Mins
Pros:
- sturdy boot
- easy on/off
- waterproof (of course)

Cons:
- sole is quite stiff
- heel pulls up when walking
- runs a bit small for size

Published on November 16, 2010 by J. Cullen

3.0 out of 5 stars Stiff soles; runs small, November 16, 2010
Length:: 1:35 Mins

Pros:
- sturdy boot
- easy on/off
- waterproof (of course)

Cons:
- sole is quite stiff
- heel pulls up when walking
- runs a bit small for size

I bought the jobber boot as a rain boot to wear on my way to work. Although it a sturdy well made boot, the sole it too stiff. My heel pulls up and rub against the back of the boot. Also, the stiff sole makes for "clunky" walking. It is possible that it would "break in" with time, but I am not willing to spend 80 dollars on a boot that might work after three months.

I also found the boot to run small, contrary to most reviewers of muck boots. The boot is sized 8/8.5. I wear an 8.5 very consistently, but my toes are pushed up against the end of the boot with only cotton socks on. There is not way it would fit with wool or thicker socks.

I tried LL Bean's All Weather Boot in an 8.5 and found to be a much better boot for me. The sole is more flexible, my heel doesn't pull out, it is better to walk in, and there is room for heavy socks. However, it is higher boot and 50% more expensive than this boot.

For me the Jobber doesn't cut it so it is going back.

If you found this review helpful, let me know with your vote. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! What a Surprise, January 20, 2012
This review is from: The Original MuckBoots Adult Jobber Boot (Apparel)
I've been watching these on line for months to see the feedback. I two pair of the older low top slip-ons (size 13 is the largest they run) that are now pretty worn. I wanted a taller boot, but didn't want to spend $90, and wasn't sure how a size 14 would fit (my normal shoe size) since several comments indicated they run smaller. I'm a retired firefighter, and have never worn a pair of boots that really fit well and that didn't give me blisters. These fit well and don't cause blisters!

I am totally blown away by these shoes. They arrived the morning of the big Pacific Northwest snow storm and I ended up wearing them throughout the storm. They are incredibly comfortable, have great traction, stay dry, and most of all, are very well constructed. They have larger finger pulls on the front and back of the boot, which makes it pretty easy to put them on. What I like most about these boots is, they really slip on easy, allowing me to do a quick change from slippers or shoes to boots. I can kick off a pair of shoes and slip into these without using the pulls.

Why working on rugged ice during the storm, I never felt the bumpy ice clumps, never got cold, and didn't slide around like I've done with other types of shoes. I could even drive in them without any issues, which is difficult with most boots. I'll be buying another pair.

I have large feet, and have had several injuries to my feet and toes over the years. It is very hard for me to find any type of shoe that fits comfortable. These are probably the most comfortable shoes/boots I have worn in years. They are worth every dollar. I'm very satisfied with this vendor and the manufacturer.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic chore boots, January 27, 2008
I bought these for my husband - he has a couple of pairs of the low Muck shoes which he loves, and a tall pair of Muckboots too. These ankle high ones have become his absolute favorites -they are slip-on easy, but provide good support to the foot and ankle, and they are unbelievably nice-feeling on the feet.

Muck boots are a fabulous line of products - extremely well made and very useful for the country lifestyle - these are a wonderful addition to the boot tray !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good boot, June 25, 2011
Ken "Ken G." (Westchester County New York) - See all my reviews
Boot is very lightweight ,yet surprisingly warm . I drive a concrete truck and use these for work . In and out of mud , water ,and piles of concrete all day long and no problems . I just rinse them off before I get back in my truck with the water hose on the truck . Very easy on and off . These boots get a serious workout from me everyday and are comfortable to wear . I'm sure they weren' designed for the punishment that they get from me on a daily basis , but they sure take it in stride . After months of continous use , there is no visible wear . I would definitly recommend these boots .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great barn boots, June 23, 2009
These keep my feet dry in early morning dew feeding the horses in the pasture. Easy to slip on, very comfortable, and very dry. I wish I'd done this years ago.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good boots, be careful on size, July 19, 2010
This review is from: The Original MuckBoots Adult Jobber Boot (Apparel)
I wear a 10.5 shoe, I ordered a 10 for these boots but they were far too big. I just got the 9s in the mail, they're maybe a bit snug but a pretty good fit. The customer service at Hanks was very helpful, they didn't charge me any shipping costs on the return though I'm not sure if that's their policy or if it was a special. Overall these seem very well-made, but go a size lower when you order.

1.0 out of 5 stars Try something else!, January 2, 2011
I have three problems with these boots:
1) They are enormous. After reading some of the other reviews I noticed a mixed bag of people saying they run too big and some saying they run too small. So, I decided to order my normal size. Well chock one up to running a full size large.
2) Quality control. Right out of the box, I went to try them on for the first time and the stitching pulled out that holds one of the pull loops in place. I did not pull hard or struggle to put these on, like I said they are enormous and slip on easily.
3) Price. This is too much to pay for such a simple boot, especially when they can't even construct them to withstand the very first time they are put on.
I am returning these boots. I considered exchanging them for a smaller size and roll the dice that the next pair would hold together. When I started down the Amazon road of returns I found that the recipient is responsible for return shipping costs. I guess I just don't feel it is worth it to risk having to pay to ship them back twice.

1.0 out of 5 stars Quality has plummeted. This is my second pair. Loved the first ones. These are awful., December 3, 2013
Cathy W. (Mendocino, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Original MuckBoots Adult Jobber Boot (Apparel)
As a landscape gardener I need durable shoes that keep my feet dry. The first pair of MuckBoot Jobbers I bought about 18 months ago. They were great! Wonderful support, waterproof, good traction, durable.... also, kept my feet warm in the winter and not too hot in the summer. They were perfect.

About 3 months ago I ordered my second pair. Same model and size. This pair has no support -- my feet slide around in the boot. My feet get sweaty after only an hour or two and I end up with wet socks all day. When it is cold out, so are my feet. To top it all off, today I realized that most of the tread has already worn off. I bought these so I would have waterproof boots for winter. These are already worn out and it hasn't even starting raining yet.

I am so disappointed. These boots aren't cheap, but I was willing to spend the money for quality. I thought I had found my perfect shoe and now they have ruined it.

Buy something cheaper. These are no longer worth what they are charging.

4.0 out of 5 stars MUCK, Size matters!, April 10, 2011
After two rounds of returns and shipping, I'm finally satisfied. I wear women's size 8.5, per the suggestions, I ordered a women's 9. What arrived was a missed-matched pair of 9s, both were labeled 9, but one was obviously larger than the other (problem with QC). I quickly sent the pair back in exchange for another set of 9s. Yikes! They were huge. Frustrating! Sent those back and ordered size 8s. Finally, the 8s fit and I can wear thick socks with them and easily slip them off/on hands-free.

In the end:
- I wear 8.5, I need size 8, and they are slightly loose (that's how I like them).
- They are comfortable.
- They keep my feet warm and dry.
- I easily hose them off to wash
- Amazon has great customer service (this was a problem with the manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Multi-Use Boot, November 14, 2009
This review is from: The Original MuckBoots Adult Jobber Boot (Apparel)
I was a little unsure about buying the boots because they are a little expensive for what I was looking for, but when I got them, I realized they were worth it. They are amazingly comfortable, easy to move in, great for shoveling snow, wet yard work in the fall, anything really. They are easy to slip on, and fit comfortably. I would suggest buying a size down unless you plan to wear really thick socks like they recommend. I didn't realize this at the time and now I use two pairs of regular thickness socks, which is no bother really. All in all, great rain/mud/snow boots. Will buy from Muck Boots in the future.

The Original MuckBoots Adult Jobber Boot