5.0 out of 5 stars This is my second pair
Published on August 31, 2010 by S. Mason

2.0 out of 5 stars no traction
Published 2 months ago by Ben

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my second pair, August 31, 2010
We first used these boots for our trip to Antarctica. They were the perfect footwear for that climate - warm, waterproof, pliable, durable, easy on and easy off, and comfortable. You can even roll down the top of the boot when you need to cool off a bit. We were sloshing through snow and ice and and two feet of freezing water and my feet never got wet or cold. I bought one size up from my regular size since we were wearing heavier socks (really didn't need the heavy socks with this boot - just regular and thinsulate socks).

I needed a size 7 for regular wear around the ranch and was unable to find them in the stores, which turned out to be a good thing. The price was a bit lower on Amazon and I also got free shipping. The boots arrived within a week of the order date.

I keep them by the front door so I can easily slip into them. Since it's summer, I keep the tops rolled down unless I'm around the lake or in high grass. The lining is a high-vis orange color that can be seen for a good distance. That's a good thing to have during hunting season.

We will buy these boots again when the current ones wear out. I'm not sure when that's going to be since they're made so well.

ETA 11/16/2012 It's been a little over two years since I wrote the original review and I still wear the boots every day. About a month ago the sole came loose from the left boot and that's not an uncommon problem in boots made this way. However, a quick check on the Muck Boots website said to use sealant found in hardware stores to repair the natural rubber. Goop-brand marine sealant is recommended; however, we were only able to find boot and shoe Goop, which did just fine. You need to clean the area with mineral spirits before applying the sealant. Wipe sealant to a thin film, and let sealant dry for 24 hours. My husband clamped the sole to the boot; but first he put vaseline on the clamps to make sure they wouldn't stick to the boot - this sealant is tough!

An another note, I noticed some people had trouble with the sizes. The Muck company website states "Men and women half sizes move down in size. For example: Men's size 6-˝ - order 6M Women's size 6-˝ - order 6W." If you need help, the folks at Muck are always available. Their phone number is 1-817-326-5470.

4.0 out of 5 stars Muckboots, December 9, 2009
Very warm and everything you want in a hunting boot. Only problem is they run very large in size. Normally I wear a size 11 1/2 shoe, so ordered a size 12 and it is very big, even with an extra large pair of socks. Order one size smaller, it will fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mucks are the best and worth the $$$, November 23, 2010
If you do a lot of work or sport in conditions that are wet and muddy, Mucks are the boot for you. Of course, the quality comes with a price, however, considering that a somewhat decent, inexpensive boot that might last a couple of seasons costs around $30 it's really not much of a stretch. These boot are very high quality, qualitatively more comfortable, breathe, are insulated and will last a lot longer.
This particular "model" of Muck's also incorporates a hugging design around the calf that keep the pant leg tucked in nicely, eliminates most of the problems with debris falling into the boot and keeps the feet warmer. I'd recommend any Muck's but especially the Wetland.

The retailer, Hank's, was great. They offered free shipping and got the product out very promptly. I would definitely do business with them again.

Tim

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST BOOTS EVER!, January 27, 2011
I PURCHASED MY MUCK BOOTS THIS FALL. I USE THEM ALL THE TIME! JUST WISH THEY WERE FASHIONABLE ENOUGH TO WEAR TO WORK...LOL...THEY ARE COMFORTABLE AND KEEP MY FEET VERY DRY...BEST BOOTS EVER! GET A PAIR GIRLS! THEY ARE NOT JUST FOR MEN!

5.0 out of 5 stars Muck boots, October 22, 2010
These are exactly as represented and I will definitely appreciate them this winter while out in 20 degree below weather feeding cattle & horses. Worth every dime of the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent in snow, muck, rain, March 19, 2013
I use these for gardening, maintaining a wildflower meadow, and hauling firewood. They're particularly good in poison ivy-infested high grass in the summer as they're easy to hose off. Comfy in temps from freezing to about 80.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, December 28, 2012
Scooter (Mendenhall, MS, US) - See all my reviews
Bought a pair of these for my 20 year old son, like them so much i just ordered me a pair! I am a big guy with big calves, they fit great with room to spair, plus you can roll the tops down to help take them off or to cool your legs down in the summer.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME BOOTS, AWESOME DEAL, September 22, 2011
I purchased these boots a few months ago and have put them to the test. I am a landscaper and farmer and a hunter. In summary, I am hard on boots. These boots have been through mud, water, dirt, briars, cow manure, salt beds, probably 500 holes dug for plants and the BOOTS ARE STILL LIKE NEW. They are tough and comfortable. The seller got them right to me and I will be ordering two more pairs very soon (christmas gifts)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Cold Water Work Boot, February 28, 2011
Dchap "DonC" (Port Orchard, Wa United States) - See all my reviews
I was tired of having to buy a pair of cheap rubber work boots every year and decided to actually shop for what I truly needed and spend the money necessary to obtain it.

My boots are used mostly for launching and working in my boat. Our saltwater temperature this time of year is about 43 degrees with the air temp a bit cooler. With my old boots even with good socks and heater pads I would still have half frozen toes.

Last Saturday I spent 4 hours rebuilting my boat trailer in 33 degree weather with snow and rain without any cold feet issues.
While the boots are insulated I believe their superior construction and materials really make them worth the additional cost.

The boot tops are made of a material similar to neoprene waders with the opening designed to close in around the leg.
This is very nice on those occasions when you might step into deep water for a moment. It won't stop continuous soaking, but does inhibit water from splashes and brief dunkings from entering.

Unlike many rubber boots these actually fit and wear like regular shoes. My feet feel supported without any sore arches at the end of the day. Mine felt big when I first put them on, but with the proper socks (medium weight wool) they settled right in.

2.0 out of 5 stars no traction, August 25, 2014
This review is from: The Original MuckBoots Adult Wetland Boot (Apparel)
These are fine in mud, but the soles are very hard plastic and they have no traction at all on ice or on the rocks in the river or creek bottom -- I mean they are really slick. I had Bogs before or cheap PVC boots from the hardware store. Either of those were far better. While I don't mind the Wetland boots in light snow, soft dirt, and moderate mud, I primarily wear a tall boot like this to cross the river when its low or creeks, and in snow that's no more than knee-deep, which is usually what it is around the streets and sidewalks -- but these are dangerous to wear in those situations. I can skate in them. My dog could easily flip me on my backside. Last season I used yak trax on them, but lost one in the winter parade. Now I'm shopping for a better alternative.