5.0 out of 5 stars Great retro look, good color combo, goes with anything, January 29, 2012
This review is from: Original Penguin Men's Jingle Sneaker (Apparel)
I had a pair of Nike Air Force 1 in black that were starting to wear out so I was looking for a replacement. I came across Original Penguin shoes and man, I fell for them immediately. Many of the designs have this retro look but they are totally modernized and depending on where you find them, the prices are very reasonable in the $45-60 range. The Jingle model looked familiar to Air Force 1 so I decided to give them a go. There are lots of color combos. I picked Grey/Lime/Plum because not only is the color combo very pleasing, it'd go with jeans, black-based outfit, and brown-based outfit so it's very versatile. Also, what you can wear them with is key - jeans and tshirt is obvious but I can also wear them with slacks and dress shirt for work (think "hipster" pants and shirt combo). One more reason why I picked this particular color combo - there are many Jingle colors out there but this one had synth leather at front-top of shoes (atop your toes), some others have vinyl there. I prefer more synth leather all around.

In terms of sizing, I think the length is true but the shoe is more narrow than usual.I usually wear 8.5 and ordered that. The length was identical to AF1, but the sole was more narrow so I was feeling the pinch at the mid-top of my foot and to the outside where your pinky toe starts. So I ended up returning that and went with 9 instead. It's a half size bigger but I wear thicker athletic socks so it's not a big deal. The width of 9 is more comfortable for me.

The shoes are fairly new so I can't speak for durability or extended comfort at this point but obviously this isn't a pair for you to go run a marathon or play basketball. But for just casual wear, they are pretty comfy and light.

Update: 2 months later, I find these shoes very comfortable. You wouldn't run in them but you can surely be out and about all day walking. I recently picked up a Navy pair for $65, which too has the versatility as the Grey/Lime/Plum pair and will go with anything, including brown outfit and black outfit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them, April 26, 2012
This review is from: Original Penguin Men's Jingle Sneaker (Apparel)
These shoes look great and are well made. Time will tell how durable they. Will probably be buying another pair of Original Penguins soon. I would recommend these shoes to a friend. I ordered size 11.5 and they are a perfect fit. I approve.

Original Penguin Men's Jingle Sneaker