Published 20 months ago by Matey

3.0 out of 5 stars Works on the leather...
but it seems like unless you have rubber-reinforced area between the fabric and the sole, your feet might still get wet. In any case, I did this for a pair of Steve Madden "Candence" leather boots and the water seeped through that gap between the fabric and sole, although the rest of the leather was dry. Not really so helpful for those boots.
Published 17 months ago by deedeedeer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Waterproofs And Conditions, Beats Mink Oil And Neatsfoot Compound, November 22, 2012
This review is from: Sno-Seal Original Beeswax (Apparel)
Anyone living in the snowbelt will attest to the fact that your shoes need to be protected from the water, ice, snow and salt. Sno-Seal is the real deal. Manufactured in Pennsylvania, this product is made using pure beeswax. The compound is easily applied and they even suggest that you warm the leather on your shoes a bit to aid in the absorption of the sno-seal. I gave each of my three pairs of footwear a good swath of the product, rubbed it in good, gave it a final coat and let them sit near the heater vent overnight. Later in the afternoon I took another clean thick rag and buffed the shoes out, removing any excess. The leather looks great and on a pair of pecan shoes I have, the product did not really darken the leather that much-but, they warn you on the label it could darken the leather. Once you have treated your shoes with sno-seal you can put polish on the shoe and they shine up real nice. A great American product manufactured in Pennsylvania! 5 Stars. By the way, 2 pairs of shoes and 1 pair of boots and I used less than half a jar..., this product goes a long way

5.0 out of 5 stars Best there is!, November 14, 2012
This review is from: Sno-Seal Original Beeswax (Apparel)
A friend of mine is a real live bootmaker (yea he makes them from scratch). He turned me on to this product almost 20 years ago and it is, along with Lexol, the only products I use on my leather products. This product is great at protecting boots that are exposed to severe weather (read snow, ice, slush, salt), and keeping your feet DRY. Great product, you can't go wrong with this one. Check out the Lexol too. It replaces the lost natural oils that keep leather supple. He told me NEVER to use mink oil as it will allow the vamp to collapse down to your ankles.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product just be careful with the application., February 28, 2012
This review is from: Sno-Seal Original Beeswax (Apparel)
I purchased this and applied it to my brown leather jacket. It definitely seemed to restore the leather as it's much more supple now however you should exercise great care when applying it. It states on the package that it will darken and can affect the color of your leather item perhaps I just should have heeded it more. On one area of my jacket I got a little heavy handed with the sno seal and now it's almost black it darkened it so much as well as it appears glossy. Overall I'm very happy with the product but next time I'll be more careful and take my time when applying it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best water proofing made., June 18, 2013
This review is from: Sno-Seal Original Beeswax (Apparel)
All the other waterproofing products (especially mink oil),overtime rots leather. Oil based products cause leather to lose its shape and rot. I have used Sno-seal in Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, and Alaska hunting and fishing for 30 years, and it has always worked and never caused boots, or holsters to lose their shape. Great stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sno-Seal Original Beeswax, June 4, 2013
This review is from: Sno-Seal Original Beeswax (Apparel)
i applied it to waterproofed timberland boots, so idk if this is the reason my feet don't get wet or the boots :/.
But i apply it to the boots just incase. The wax seemed to seep into the cracks and suff. My feet have been dry waking through mud,puddles,wet grass and all sorts of stuff. Ive had this wax for a couple months, these little jars last a long time

5.0 out of 5 stars Been Using it for Over Forty Years, March 8, 2013
This review is from: Sno-Seal Original Beeswax (Apparel)
All my leather winter boots have Sno-Seal on them. It's a great product that doesn't hurt the leather. I have owned a pair of Eddie Bauer climbing boots for over forty years--bought the Sno-Seal at the same time--and they have had it on them from day one and the leather looks great, like they were bought last year. I like to rub the wax on with my fingers and then use a standard hair dryer to quickly melt it into the leather (it does, naturally, darken the leather). It goes a long way, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product for my new Timberlands, January 4, 2014
This review is from: Sno-Seal Original Beeswax (Apparel)
I recently purchased a new pair of Timberland boots that were not waterproof. I am not planning on taking them into the deep snow but I would like to have them protected against the minor contact they have with snow and rain. Thanks to another reviewer of the boots I was able to find this product. So far the Sno-Seal works great. My boots have had minor exposure to the elements and there are no water spots left on the shoes or wet toes due to the water.

This product is really easy to apply as well. I followed the instructions and warmed the boots a LITTLE in the oven and then applied the wax with an old rag. After the was was applied I placed the boots back in the oven for a few more minutes so that the wax could set. I plan on applying this product again in a few weeks just to make sure it was covered even though I doubt it is necessary.

The amount of product that you need for a pair of boots is actually very little and there is still a TON left in the jar. That is a great thing though because now I can apply this to the other shoes that my wife and I have.

Another note is that the color of the boots that I applied this to is dark brown (chocolate). I did not notice any color change to the boot. I am not sure what it would do to a lighter color shoe but it seems to be safe for dark brown or black.

In summary, great product for the money. I highly recommend this for anyone who would like to protect their leather shoes from the elements.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, July 6, 2014
This review is from: Sno-Seal Original Beeswax (Apparel)
I use it on black on boots and shoes that I want to waterproof, using a hairdryer to heat the lather both from within and on the surface.
You should note that it doesn't absorb into patent leather, darkens brown leather, and that it leaves a slightly waxy finish. Shoe polish helps but I wouldn't recommend for items where the surface texture is critical.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked great on all shades of penny loafers, July 3, 2014
This review is from: Sno-Seal Original Beeswax (Apparel)
This was great on all of my penny loafers. I used it on black, brown, and ox blood colored loafers and it worked well on each without noticeable color change. It's great being able to wear my penny loafers out in the snow without worrying about my socks instantly getting wet! Great product to protect from all of the salt in the winter too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good overall service and great price, April 30, 2014
This review is from: Sno-Seal Original Beeswax (Apparel)
low price , works good and had plenty leftover to use many times, guess I am ready for next winter

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›