5.0 out of 5 stars Original SWAT 5 in. Zipper boot
Published on September 1, 2011 by William S. Dittman III

1.0 out of 5 stars Great fit and comfort until they failed
Purchased for my adult son for work. He is back & forth on his feet all day and prefers a low boot. This boot was just what he needed. After wearing them for 2 months the sole cracked, the boots leaked and the stitching was failing. Very disappointing after so many positive reviews. We must have gotten a lemon.
Amazon was very helpful in resolving the issue quickly...
Published 16 months ago by Cindy V.

5.0 out of 5 stars Original SWAT 5 in. Zipper boot, September 1, 2011
I have been a Police officer for 18 years and have used many brands of boots from cheap to high end . These have become my favorite ! they are very comfortable and light . I like the feel and looks of these boots over any boot I have owned. I love the zipper its a real time saver ! once you lace them up, all you have to do is zip them from then on ! and I have never had a zipper fail . I usually buy a pair each year for work and then use the older pair for around the yard because they are still in pretty good shape after a year. I have owned expensive boots in the past but they start looking old and you have to spend around $50 each year getting half soled. also the inside starts breaking down and getting firm feeling whereas i can spend a little money each year on these and have a new , fresh boot ! I don't think you can get a better boot for the money and I'm telling you these boots feel and look good !

5.0 out of 5 stars Great show, September 18, 2013
I am a firefighter/Paramedic and I have gone through many work station shows and these are by far my favorites. Very light weight but durable. They were comfortable right out of the box. Will buy again!

1.0 out of 5 stars Great fit and comfort until they failed, September 6, 2013
Cindy V. (Rochester, NY) - See all my reviews
Amazon was very helpful in resolving the issue quickly. 2 thumbs up to Amazon customer service. Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Want the Best buy the Best, June 15, 2012
I stand for 10+ hrs 5 days a week and these boots make life so much better. Not only do they look good but have all the comfort and support. Look no further ...

5.0 out of 5 stars The best shoe ever!, September 18, 2013
I can tell you with no doubt this is the most comfortable she I have ever worn. My job requires me to be on my feet and walking nearly twelve ours at a time. I am on my second set. The first pair did not wear out. When I washed them in the washing machine the zipper snagged on something and tore both zippers up. these are well worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfort & support, August 29, 2013
My Original S.W.A.T. boots are the most comfortable boots I have ever worn.
I had a pair previous to those I ordered from Amazon which Original S.W.A.T. replaced due to a zipper-pull failure.
Amazon shipped my order promptly.
I am very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Motorcycle boots, October 2, 2011
Wanted a boot that I could also wear after riding. Very comfortabe. Extra wide fit is wonderful. Very easy to take on or off.

4.0 out of 5 stars Swap these day to day with Altamas, July 28, 2014
I work in a warehouse-concrete floors, no A/C. These are used as a summertime swap out boot. I also have some 6" Altama LiteSpeeds. I swap between them to make sure I have a fresh, dry pair each day. These fit somewhat differently than the Altamas that I have used (both in the 8" and 6" configurations). Not bad, just different. I kind of like the difference-keeps my feet from being quite so tired at the end of the day when I am not using the same boot each day. These are lightweight and comfortable. Good room in the toe box. Feel sturdy and the shank is non-metallic. Sizing seems "true" to what I have found I need when buying "online" boots. I was a little worried about roasting my feet-these have a lot more padding in the uppers than my Altama Litespeeds-but with the 5" top and the way they are, they seem to pump some air through them and my feet have not been overly warm or sweating. They may actually be better come fall and winter for foot temperature comfort? Great price for them and the side zipper is the larger, more heavy duty type....that I really like. Zippers in shoes are always the first to get cranky and fail it seems. Overall, I LIKE 'em.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, May 28, 2013
Good quality shoe that fits well and is light weight. Being on my feet 8-10 hrs during my shift can be taxing on the legs and feet. These shoes make all the difference!

5.0 out of 5 stars I work Hospital Security and these are absolutely the best boot ever ! ! !, December 30, 2013
I have wide feet (2E) and have a hard time sizing, which was my biggest concern. I went to a Newbalance store to size my feet and they were very helpful, although they didn't have many of the boots that they make in the actual store, so I could try them.
I've searched many a boot on Amazon, read the reviews on this boot, so I took a chance. BTW, nothing I ever bought has worked well with my feet-which were so sore after work to the point that I thought about applying for disability.
I was absolutely crazy satisfied with these boots!!! Little to no soreness after the first 10 hr shift, and I walk about 7-10 miles a day (used pedometer before). My feet feel great after a full shift today, and I walk indoors, through snow and ice, as well as many many stairs. I love the style and especially the zipper on the inside, what a smart design. I will use this boot for the remainder of my career w/o a doubt. As an ex-cop, you guys have to try these- I personally think the taller boot is no good for getting in and out of a patrol vehicle. Give em a try, I promise you will love this boot!!!

Original S.W.A.T. Men's Metro 5" Side Zip Air Work Boot